Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok, what about if you came to said "troubled couples" theme party depicting Dodi and Di? Donald and Stormy? Dave Grohl and baby mumma? Which part offends you? The sex doll? The subject matter? The time frame?
I am still waiting for Collingwood to be sanctioned and players suspended and fines had for Collingwood and their systematic racism...until then, stuff like this is just 2 tiered justice

Nobody gets found 'innocent', he gets found not guilty.

Nobody disputes what happened that night, but for the alleged victim it was obviously traumatic. So it's fairly easy to not make light of it.
It's also not often sexual assaults even get into the court system.

Unless the victim can stand up in front of her perpetrator and hold it together, they often get thrown out.

Nobody gets found 'innocent', he gets found not guilty.

Nobody disputes what happened that night, but for the alleged victim it was obviously traumatic. So it's fairly easy to not make light of it.
Ah the old semantics huh?

There's plenty of dispute about consent, but the fact is he was found not guilty (ie innocent). Do you think it might have been traumatic for a man found not guilty to be wrongly incarcerated and his name dragged through the mud?

No, you dont, because today, accusation equates to guilt.

I am still waiting for Collingwood to be sanctioned and players suspended and fines had for Collingwood and their systematic racism...until then, stuff like this is just 2 tiered justice
This is why there should be some rules in place governing sanctions so they can't apply their top Vic club or good bloke adjustments.

If I was Adelaide I'd be offering Smith a 3 year contract as development replacement for Bello and clear a spot.
Yep & he can be playing coach in the sanfl.

Can captain the team too.

No fines for coach impersonating
Remember when Tex got a 6 week suspension for saying a word...and yet years down the track, here we are and no fines, no suspensions whatsoever for Collingwood. So I just don't care if GWS did what they did - silly maybe, but no way anything like sanctions should be in play if they have let Collingwood walk scott free for what they did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually no.

Trial 1 jury couldn't reach a verdict
Trials 2 and 3 guilty overturned on appeal
Prosecution subsequently dropped charges.

Facts matter.

From this

You do know he was cleared of the rape charges yeah?

I'm in no way condoning the players alleged actions but facts matter...

It says

"But this month the New South Wales court of criminal appeal quashed Hayne’s convictions on the basis that a judge erred in not allowing the complainant to be further cross-examined during the trial.

Before Friday’s hearing, the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions said the decision not to proceed to a fourth trial was made in accordance with prosecution guidelines without disclosing specific reasons for the decision."

So yes he was acquitted on the basis of a legal proceeding error not an establishment of fact that the crime didn't occur.

Bloke was found innocent, you're raging about something our legal system found didn't happen.
Seriously mate?

How can you complain about lack of nuance, and then make a comment like this?

Saying Hayne was acquitted really misses the point. It’s pretty obvious what the joke was about.

From this

It says

"But this month the New South Wales court of criminal appeal quashed Hayne’s convictions on the basis that a judge erred in not allowing the complainant to be further cross-examined during the trial.

Before Friday’s hearing, the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions said the decision not to proceed to a fourth trial was made in accordance with prosecution guidelines without disclosing specific reasons for the decision."

So yes he was acquitted on the basis of a legal proceeding error not an establishment of fact that the crime didn't occur.
Correct, an error that denied Hayne his legal right to cross examine and thus, plead his case.

I would hope every judge would uphold that right.

Remember when Tex got a 6 week suspension for saying a word...and yet years down the track, here we are and no fines, no suspensions whatsoever for Collingwood. So I just don't care if GWS did what they did - silly maybe, but no way anything like sanctions should be in play if they have let Collingwood walk scott free for what they did.
hypocrisy is everywhere in life, just the AFL are very good at it

Correct, an error that denied Hayne his legal right to cross examine and thus, plead his case.

I would hope every judge would uphold that right.
Right but you said a court found it didn't happen which is not what the court did at all

Seriously mate?

How can you complain about lack of nuance, and then make a comment like this?

Saying Hayne was acquitted really misses the point. It’s pretty obvious what the joke was about.
Potentially, the joke was about an NRL player entrapped by a money grubbing woman...

You don't know any better than I do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back