Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

they were going to delist him id say so played him once the season was cooked to check. personally not as keen on him as others on here and reckon he was lucky. doubt he get nany games next year and hence be gone anyway.
Bond is our Peatling. A player that grabs limited opportunity and shows he’s up to the level.

Bond will never be a star. But he’s worth persisting with.

Wish we could get Dank to inject some Bond genes into Cook and Welsh 🤣

I mean, if ever there was a post that illustrated my entire point on moral outrage...

The funny thing is no one is actually offended. The AFL jumped at it with no process to punish players for seemingly doing nothing wrong. The AFL have the right to protect their reputation, but its hard to argue that their reputation is of a higher standing than Netflix who air programs with worse offensive jokes and crude humour. This is where think i think if the players took it to court the AFL would have a hard time selling damage. Especially since double standards exist when actual crimes are committed.

As for the obvious rebuttal about the GWS womens team publicly admonishing the mens players for this, it clearly is a manipulated attack by the GWS club heirachy because they are the ones who agreed and negotiated the suspensions. So what better way to buy public support than to play the homophobic violence card. Its a well run PR strategy and AFLPA clearly are not happy because they know exactly what it was. Players scape goated in an attempt to avoid the risk of a bad PR.

The explanations are rife with half arsed reasons, the detail is lacking of the actual incidents and what the guilty parties supposidly did and I stand by my claim the excuse by the AFL of distasteful simply doesnt cut it. As predicted its starting to backfire and the AFL are coming across draconian and completely out of touch.

I was at the MCG when he did a brilliant lockdown role on Bobby Hill, one of the most dangerous small forwards in the comp.

The further away we get from this game - the better Hamill's game is getting in the minds of his fans.
In 2024 - Bobby Hill averaged 8.1 kicks, 3 handballs, 1.3 goals, 3.5 marks, 1.2 behinds and 1 goal assist.
Will Hamill's brilliant lockdown role kept him to 7 kicks, 2 handballs, 4 marks, 1 goal, 1 behind and 1 goal assist.

He's good enough to be on an AFL list, but I get that with his concussion history and Bond showing some promising signs late in the season that he was surplus to needs. If Bond doesn't show that late season form, I think he's the one delisted and Hamill remains.

I don't think his concussion history has anything to do with his spot on the list. His last concussion was in 2022 and in 2023/2024 he has played 35 very average games (across SANFL/AFL).

Will Hamill is the exact same as Parnell & McPherson. They all showed a couple of flashes, but are more suited to SANFL than AFL.

Look, the bigger point here is that men - and many of you in here it seems - STILL make light of sexual assault situations. Why can’t many of you see how we keep perpetuating this bullshit? The only reason I put my hand up to say “enough” - fully knowing the back lash I’ll get in here - is the hope that some will reconsider laughing publicly or throwing away the casual joke about these hideous situations. For the person who has been r*ped, this is NEVER funny. For the person who has been violated by a trusted adult, this is NEVER funny. Y’all blaming it on the “woke” agenda is part of the ****ing problem. This is NOT a “woke” agenda. It’s real life and it sucks.

Its a very morally righteous standpoint. It might have a little more validity if you weren't a massive hypocrite.

Thanks for posting the players review - I missed it on the tape because it started late. DOH! How good was the Michael Jackson bit!!??

Would love for you to tell me if I am misrepresenting you or missing any key facts:

AFL players privately dressing up as alleged sexual predators for a laugh is abhorrent as it can trigger victims.... but

AFL players publicly dressing up as alleged sexual predators for a laugh is good.

Its a very morally righteous standpoint. It might have a little more validity if you weren't a massive hypocrite.

Would love for you to tell me if I am misrepresenting you or missing any key facts:

AFL players privately dressing up as alleged sexual predators for a laugh is abhorrent as it can trigger victims.... but

AFL players publicly dressing up as alleged sexual predators for a laugh is good.

Everything is light on details when it comes to the GWS players skits which is leading to Crows camp level absurdity with rumour mongering and now we have people feigning outrage just because something might have happened so they are jumping the gun.

This is what happens when the AFL play the morale police without providing any real details of what occured other than costumes.

This should have been the press release and punishment

GWS players have been each fined $1000 for indecent activities while celebrating the end of year. Nothing was illegal but they were seen with some indecent costumes entering a private party.

Literally, no one would have given a shit. Its a storm in a tea cup and im glad the AFLPA are calling themout for this utter bullshit.

I am amused that some posters who complained last year that we didn’t add to our best 22 then complained this year that whilst we have brought in three best 22 players via free agency/trade it has cost us our 2nd and 3rd draft pick this year.

Haters are gunna hate, I guess.
Which posters would they be?
Haven’t seen too many people complaining about the cost this year, more that we don’t seem to rate this draft for some reason.
I’m sure if we wanted to we could have managed another later pick given the amount of picks we have at the back end of next years draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back