VFL 2024 Swans Reserves

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone heard any more about the Francis incident with Cooper Harvey?
Apparently the tribunal declared “nothing to see here”.

Then someone advised the chairman that Francis no longer plays for Essendon.

The hearing will be on Tuesday. Expect 4 weeks.

Hasn't played a bad game yet. Lively and gets amongst it at every opportunity. KB does love a late improver. Wonder what his ceiling is likely to be? Hope we extend him.
Hope so too. Think it's only fair for a mid season recruit to be given at least another season to show their worth. Especially after uprooting themselves from another state. Unless they are out and out useless on the field (which he isn't) or a complete bell-end off the field.

Hope so too. Think it's only fair for a mid season recruit to be given at least another season to show their worth. Especially after uprooting themselves from another state. Unless they are out and out useless on the field (which he isn't) or a complete bell-end off the field.
Totally agree. Training attitudes go a long way to telling the story too. Problem is we didn't have a slot for next year so we'll have to wait until the retirements/delistings but I'm sure if he's going as well as it seems there will have been a whisper.

Totally agree. Training attitudes go a long way to telling the story too. Problem is we didn't have a slot for next year so we'll have to wait until the retirements/delistings but I'm sure if he's going as well as it seems there will have been a whisper.
Yep, will have to delist/retire/trade out one more player than we bring in to get the list back to 44.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just on Francis, nothing in this week’s VFL match review report mentioned at all, so I presume all clear?
I wasn't watching live at the time but the posts here made it seemed he had hit someone in the back of the head on purpose. So I went to the replay to have a look (36:20 in), and all he did was get someone in the back late. Clearly in the back and no high contact. A deserved 50m penalty was paid, and then another 50m, not sure for what but I assume dissent?. I don't see how that is ever a suspendable offence.

I wasn't watching live at the time but the posts here made it seemed he had hit someone in the back of the head on purpose. So I went to the replay to have a look (36:20 in), and all he did was get someone in the back late. Clearly in the back and no high contact. A deserved 50m penalty was paid, and then another 50m, not sure for what but I assume dissent?. I don't see how that is ever a suspendable offence.
I think it was about the 2nd 50. The vision doesn't show it but the commentators were a bit bemused by his actions.

Coaches Votes

Sydney Swans 12.7 (79) def by North Melbourne 13.6 (84)

Jack Watkins (NM)
5 Robert Hansen Jr (NM)
4 Zac Fisher (NM)
4 Aaron Francis (SYD)
Sam Reid (SYD)
Hugh Greenwood (NM)
2 Cooper Vickery (SYD)

Coaches Votes

Jack Watkins (NM)
5 Robert Hansen Jr (NM)
4 Zac Fisher (NM)
4 Aaron Francis (SYD)
Sam Reid (SYD)
Hugh Greenwood (NM)
2 Cooper Vickery (SYD)
Good to see Vickory get acknowledged

Coaches Votes

Jack Watkins (NM)
5 Robert Hansen Jr (NM)
4 Zac Fisher (NM)
4 Aaron Francis (SYD)
Sam Reid (SYD)
Hugh Greenwood (NM)
2 Cooper Vickery (SYD)
Hansen Jr being voted 2nd BoG is, unfortunately, not great for Indy Kirk - who is being played in the small defender role & was assigned Hansen last week.

Great to see Vickery acknowledged …. It was the best game I’ve seen from him.

Hansen Jr being voted 2nd BoG is, unfortunately, not great for Indy Kirk - who is being played in the small defender role & was assigned Hansen last week.

He was good against Sandy live

I’m glad Kirk is being trialled as a small defender because I think it’s his best chance to progress. I was only able to watch the first and last quarters of the game last weekend as I had an event to attend but saw a)Kirk do some good stuff and b) Hansen look very dangerous. Given it’s probably the first time Kirk has been asked to play such a role I don’t think it was either great nor not-great for Kirk that Hansen was one of North’s best. He (Kirk) is a development player, not a ready-made, on-the-AFL-fringes player. It took Nick Smith several seasons to become the lockdown small defender he became. Not one game.

Agree that it did not deserve a sanction He basically got a huge shunt in the back from a NM player and cannoned into the other NM player. Unintentional, in the play and no harm done

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Coaches Votes

Jack Watkins (NM)
5 Robert Hansen Jr (NM)
4 Zac Fisher (NM)
4 Aaron Francis (SYD)
Sam Reid (SYD)
Hugh Greenwood (NM)
2 Cooper Vickery (SYD)
Geez Vickery was very stiff to only get two IMO. I thought he was our clear best on the day.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL 2024 Swans Reserves

Remove this Banner Ad

Back