List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

It appears that all clubs won't deal with us maybe due to Bassets speech or SOS previous campaining

It appears that all clubs won't deal with us maybe due to Bassets speech or SOS previous campaining
People are laughing, but it does make me wonder. SOS has been a tough bastard come trade time, and maybe his reputation ha started to catch up to him? Regardless, I think we have taken a bit of conservative approach to our future hand, and haven't wanted to reduce our first round presence (i.e., use a F1 to upgrade our current 7/8) which some clubs have been doing...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like Collingwood and Carlton will be based at the MCG every Rd in 2025

AFL assistance by the nom de plume of fixturing.

The benefit of this type of assistance is has a longer lasting benefit (VFL support was always built on accessibility).

Regardless, I think we have taken a bit of conservative approach to our future hand, and haven't wanted to reduce our first round presence (i.e., use a F1 to upgrade our current 7/8) which some clubs have been doing...

I think that's totally legit. It preserves optionality. IMO there should always be a high bar on trading future picks out because there's so much uncertainty associated with the pick itself, the quality of the draft it's in, and what the state of the club/list will be at that time. If you let it go then you're crossing your fingers and hoping it will work out.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back