List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol, Luke Dunstan and Grant Thomas on TR coming up :D :D :D

I would be looking like at splitting 8 into 2 mid to late teens. We need to look at getting a developing key defender and another developing forward.

Use pick 7 on Smilie (imo best mid) and the other 2 for needs which is both book ends. We have Keelor and Heath who should be able to fill for a game or 2 and help out Marshall.

If Membrey goes, our Forward Stocks are King, Sherman and Caminiti. Unfortunately King has found it hard to stay on the park and Caminiti has been used down back at times.

With Battle leaving, we have only Howard and Wilkie who can play on talls.. nothing really in the wings. I hope we try and pry out Serong or Phillips from the hawks as a back up.

I disagree with the idea of splitting 8 into later picks - we need to collect elite talent while we can.

But I agree with your point on tall stocks being thin. Maybe we're planning taking the training wheels off and giving Keeler, Heath and Ari a serious crack in the seniors next year with Hammer playing in defence....but that's extremely risky. At this point we either need to land Soldo super cheap or delisting Campbell looks dumb. We need another readymade KPD as well. Imagine if Wilkie gets a long term injury and we're down to Howard, Cordy and Caminiti as key talls all season.

He is a surprise move given Carlton's lack of tall defenders. He definitely played well against us a 192cm tall who plays a role, I dont know if he is a long term tall defender. Morris suggested he is contract for next year surely we wouldnt want to paying ony more than #45 or 47.

Is he better than other options we have looked at Serong, Butts, Graham, Phillips I dont know? One thing SOS is consistent in his interest for players he has had past dealings with.

I would prefer to play Caminiti for the forseeible future at CHB, draft another tall key positional player at the draft and pick up Phillips as a DFA.

Last edited:
The trade doesn't make much sense from a Brisbane perspective... don't they need a shedload of points?
They are giving up 228 points on this trade.

As it stands they don't have enough points if Ashcroft goes pick 1 or 2.
If he goes pick 4, they still only get to use their picks in the 60s.

The trade doesn't make much sense from a Brisbane perspective... don't they need a shedload of points?
They are giving up 228 points on this trade.
Was something to do with only being able to use the points from picks you have available list spots. Probably haven’t explained that well but apparently it made sense for them.

Unfortunately King has found it hard to stay on the park
with his contract extension we are making no moves based on this train of thought,we are living or dying on King being the man with sharman/caminiti/owens/wood/keeler/marshall support cast

1.mids
2/3.kpb(battle)ruck(campbell)

4.small forward(butler)

108.kpf(when king hits 30 we start taking a look)

Think it is harsh Hotton still hasn't been told if he is delisted or not, no matter how unlikely, he doesn't get a chance to move clubs until DFA if we don't give him another contract.

It's a similar situation with Konstanty and a fair few others, I think it's just the new normal now.

Pick 7 is off the table. No chance we even consider trading it until draft night. Stop including it in hypotheticals

100%, pick 7 is most likely in the same tier as pick 1 and really, it should be absolutely untouchable in a trade unless it's ridiculously in our favour. For example, 7 & F3 for pick 2... sorry, I just had to include a stupid hypothetical to be a contradictory campaigner.

I feel like my white flag didn't stay up for very long, stupid sexy trade period.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yup nice private school kids who rather do lines of coke on a contiki yacht in Croatia then in the depths of the disabled toilets in Revs.

Fmd Pelican was a spud.
Wait...there's a disabled toilet?

Kemp for 47 is good business. Not sure about 32

Can’t forget he’s also a capable third tall forward and could thrive alongside King and Sharman

So would essentially be covering Battle and Membrey with one player in terms of depth

Maybe 47 + Membrey in a 3-way with Collingwood

Kemp actually looked alright this year. Wouldn’t want to cough up much still, he’s been ordinary before this year. Pick 45 or 47 sure, pick 32 not so sure… he’s contracted though sooooo. If it plays out we’d have to cough up 32 or Carlton wouldn’t consider it…
A caller rang TR this morning and said we were into Kemp, had offered pick 47 but Carlton rejected it.

It's a similar situation with Konstanty and a fair few others, I think it's just the new normal now.

100%, pick 7 is most likely in the same tier as pick 1 and really, it should be absolutely untouchable in a trade unless it's ridiculously in our favour. For example, 7 & F3 for pick 2... sorry, I just had to include a stupid hypothetical to be a contradictory campaigner.

I feel like my white flag didn't stay up for very long, stupid sexy trade period.
That assumes that a key position player gets taken ahead of pick 7 doesn't it? A massive IF.

I wasn’t aware the Eagles had pick 2 lol.

Any goss fellas had a dodgy lasagna from iga up the road now I’m stuck on the porta john dropping a massive Dermott
Huge Goss is that Purple has been banned from the Thai rub and tug for asking them to explain the FA compensation while getting his pickle lubed. Apparently put her right off her stroke :D

So 32, 45 & 47 keeps the wolves off our academy kids.
Live trade them all into next year to accumulate a phat stack of points and sell them for another 1stRDP in 2025.

45&47 for MacLobster +F3rd
32 for F2nd + 3rdRDP
3rdRDP for F3rd

2025:
1x 1stRDP
2x 2ndRDP
3x 3rdRDP

How about...
We trade : Macrae and 48 for 32, Then trade with Brisbane again, 45, 47, 48 for 27.

Kemp for 47 is good business. Not sure about 32

Can’t forget he’s also a capable third tall forward and could thrive alongside King and Sharman

So would essentially be covering Battle and Membrey with one player in terms of depth

Maybe 47 + Membrey in a 3-way with Collingwood
In all my years I never thought I would hear something as terrifyingly disgusting as a 3-way with Carlton & Collingwood....

SOS can't help himself, it's like his yearly Carlton swooping addiction. It's like, he's a magpie crossed with a bower bird... anyway, I'll begrudgingly accept this one for cheap as long as 2025 is the year he swoops on TDK as a free agent.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back