Autopsy 9 point scrapfest against Saints. Rd 12, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I would consider giving Sheather a game next week and Wicks a two week bye.
Yep agree Wicks is looking like he needs a break, he's not kicking goals and seems a bit frustrated / cranky. Hawks might be an easier(?) game then theres the bye. Reckon Wicks will play next week.
Ronke is next in line in that role, was good to see him play again. Not sure what the VFL fixture is, but if Ronke can play next week and again in the vfl during the bye week, he might get a run after that .
Reckon Sheather is going great. Kinnear thought he might have been picked up in the national draft last year and would have been stoked to get him as a rookie, so no surprises as to his form. Still reckon hes 12 months away from a debut.

Win is a win

8-4 is a smack in the face to me and what I was saying amd start of year going of last

We are building besides a few overrated young ones but we will play finals
Kiss of death?

Yep agree Wicks is looking like he needs a break, he's not kicking goals and seems a bit frustrated / cranky. Hawks might be an easier(?) game then theres the bye. Reckon Wicks will play next week.
Ronke is next in line in that role, was good to see him play again. Not sure what the VFL fixture is, but if Ronke can play next week and again in the vfl during the bye week, he might get a run after that .
Reckon Sheather is going great. Kinnear thought he might have been picked up in the national draft last year and would have been stoked to get him as a rookie, so no surprises as to his form. Still reckon hes 12 months away from a debut.
I'd play Wicks again. The alternatives just aren't there. Sheather looks promising, but too early (think he could get a game later on in the year if we have injuries in roles he can fill). Ronke got some tackles and a composed goal, but nothing to deserve a re-call (he has just come back) - it's not like he was in good form in most of his 31 games before injuries, not a walk up starter. Gulden hopefully after the bye, Campbell even can play a half forward role (maybe responsibility in defence is a bit much so early). They're the main competition.

Think we got a bit cocky at a few stages/ a few lucky frees let them back in it at times.

There have been two St Kilda teams this year, the good one and the bad one. We just beat the good one.

Happy with that win, sometimes you win ugly and I think it was their pressure vs our skills all day (and the team with better skills usually has the higher ceiling).

- Amartey was fantastic.
- Logan had a great first half before supply dried up.
- Florent is quickly becoming one of our first few selected.
- Rampe is our king 👑
- Hickey and Mills are first two selected each week.

Good win, get through Hawthorn next week and we get a deserved break
That just about sums up my views on it, apart from tidying up the ball leaking out of the back of the square on centre bounces. It was giving me PTSD from the Hawks era. They beat us by putting a sweeper mid out the back of the contest (who happened to be an elite kick)

Yeah ironically, just reflected elsewhere, I'm keen to look up where and for how ling Warner was in the mids or up as a high half fwd today. Seemed like he wasnt on the ball that much, I might have missed him though. I'm curious of florents TOG was down too, didnt see him really emerge till a few 4th quarter possessions.
You surely must have been watching a different game. Florent put in a four quarter effort IMO and displayed some real class. His I50 to MCD was brilliant

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mtooler doesn't like Florent, don't bother

lol. So true.

The only time I got mad at Ollie was when he was pinged for htb. He had broken three tackles but the fourth got him. I thought he was typically solid and was in my votes.

lol. So true.

The only time I got mad at Ollie was when he was pinged for htb. He had broken three tackles but the fourth got him. I thought he was typically solid and was in my votes.

I found it hard to crack it at him for that even. He burst onto the ball at such speed (which in itself saved a goal because of the numbers the Saints had around the ball at the time) and was able to break through the initial few tackles but there wasn't enough time to dispose of it. Hard to avoid that last one imo.

I found it hard to crack it at him for that even. He burst onto the ball at such speed (which in itself saved a goal because of the numbers the Saints had around the ball at the time) and was able to break through the initial few tackles but there wasn't enough time to dispose of it. Hard to avoid that last one imo.
Exactly. People deride hacked kicks up the ground, yet a player is bursting through, with little room to get any sort of disposal (beyond a flick handball surrounded by opposition) and tries to create an attacking opportunity from half back into the middle, and can still get criticised? If we applaud players attacking and taking the game on, we have to be consistent.

With Hill having such a poor year and under intense media pressure all week it was frustrating to allow him the freedom to play his game. We should have doubled down to maintain his poor year.
He was on Heeney im sure in the 1st half , but that's watching on TV , he had 18 and then he was moved and only had 7 , crap coaching by Rats

With Hill having such a poor year and under intense media pressure all week it was frustrating to allow him the freedom to play his game. We should have doubled down to maintain his poor year.
The Saints played a way to get him the ball. He had 1 contested possession the entire match. He wasn't damaging. Lots of balls to 50/50s that ended up on the boundary line. Crouch and Steele were the ones who actually did the damage

He needed support to get a HB off. No one presented for him

He was on Heeney im sure in the 1st half , but that's watching on TV , he had 18 and then he was moved and only had 7 , crap coaching by Rats

Yep at the ground he often started at bounces/stoppages on Heeney and then handed over to Wilkie so he could run off and Wilkie could handle him in the air. Looked part of the Saints' strategy to get Hill free so he could run and create. Then moved to HF in the 2nd half I think to try and stem some of our run from Lloyd and McInerney (from a defensive wing spot) but went completely quiet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 9 point scrapfest against Saints. Rd 12, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back