Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Collingwood > 30 pts

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Stop infringing on our players then maybe the free kick count won’t be so high. And we don’t even get half of the frees that are there. If you’re second to the ball - and not saying we were first today by any stretch - then odds are you’re more likely to be pinged. If your players are undisciplined and give away stupid ones then that’s not the other sides or the umpires faults. Take some ownership instead of the “blame everyone and everything other than ourselves” insipid culture that’s so prevalent nowadays
It's the fans of the other 17 teams that are wrong.

Not you.

Hahahahaha ok turbo.

Score review... Collingwood player touched the ball before going through for a Pies goal...decision on the screen... Collingwood goal

Score board.......score board......score board..............score board........w***er.

Yes, I must admit I only saw parts of the first half, but you guys did have the ascendancy but couldn’t quite take advantage.

Don’t get me wrong, the umpiring was abysmal (as it seems to be most games now) and did not help a young side trying to beat one of the competition heavyweights. But 26-5 inside 50’s in the last is just overwhelming.

Much better signs after last week at the least 👍
It's a common theme in our close losses. We'll generally have a good quarter or two where we don't capitalise, and a bad quarter where the other team does

That was holding the ball

Is slaughtered a euphemism for something? Like Pies having their dicks massaged by the umps. Pies getting a free hand by the umps, or are you watching a different game?
Is your sarcasm detector broken?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good thread, would read again.

giphy.gif

Elliott touched the ball but unless you think the umpires deliberately conspire to give the Pies a win (and therefore are an idiot), we didn’t get favoured.

People thinking the free kick count should be even is one of the many problems the game has with umpiring, along with:
- a very messy and grey rule book
- part time umpiring
- fans clinging on old interpretations of the rules and not understanding things like prior opportunity
- commentators clueless and actively questioning every decision

In no other sport with a clear rule book is the count of infringements between teams expected to be even. It’s a complete fallacy.

Hence we are 11th for frees for.

Classic. We are also behind Brisbane, Collingwood, and the Bulldogs for actual free kick differential.

And hey? You want more free kicks or less paid against you? Stop f***en giving them away.
It's not how many are paid, it's paying the same free both ways and not paying them both ways. Consistency, not plucking them when it suits.

Love all the Richmond flogs in here having a cry.

Again.

One eyed supporter I guess.

Hate blues and Pies equally but must say this game and the Anzac game made me sick watching an outcome determined by umpires. Where’s the fun in sport if there is no level playing field

Can’t be fun watching your side get a leg up each week, winning this way. Deep down inside must feel a bit hollow eh

Or put it down to luck then, but in that case can’t wait to see the wheel turn... you’ll get found out eventually, don’t worry 😉

24-8 free kick count

Sorry but that’s just not good enough

Something needs to be said by someone in authority. It’s hard enough for developing teams without this crap
It was 24-8 with an even game which makes it even more odd.

You are embarrassing yourself defending that effort simply because you don't want to admit they won you the game.

Flip.the count and Carlton wins and you would be complaining don't even pretend that you wouldn't.
No. I admitted we had the rub of it, however;

1) the fact that we had the rub of it had nothing to do with the free kick count itself, and
2) it was not the reason you lost the game. As stated, the reason you lost the game was because your players decided to go to sleep in the back half of the last quarter after you had a slender lead and it was still up for grabs

Sidebottom got a free for dropping the ball mid tackle Leigh Matthews style.
Plowman was tackled to the ground in the Collingwood goalsquare before the ball even arrived.
Plowman had his arms chopped x2.
Cripps was tunneled, free kick paid against him.
Collingwood blatently throwing the ball all day.
Just a few off the top of my head. The first one pissed me off the most really, it's like the rules have regressed by half a century.

Edit - Also saw it mentioned on here that Plowman still managed to get a touch on the ball as he was tackled to the ground, so the goal shoud've been disallowed. Not sure about that one, otherwise it would've been called back

Love it

Absolutely gutted.

Outplayed in the last quarter, inside 50 count 26/5 shows that.

But FFS the touched Pies goal that wasnt reviewed and two blatant defensive frees against Marchy and Plowman that resulted in goals and there's you're three goal difference!! Add to that the compounding momentum build from those goals and that's the ball game.

Seriously. 24/8 free kick count, we did not infringe that much or or play that bad not to have drawn a few more ourselves. In particular to two crucial ones referred to above.

Got to find a way to win these games but FFS, a fair go would be nice.

Three goals in the last to collingwood three free blatent free kicks to carlton not payed just prior .

Carlton players wont be able to sit down for a week after that ump reeming
Many of there young team are still yet to experience being really bent over. They will soon receive that in Perth.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL 2019 Round 8: Carlton v Collingwood, 1:45pm AEST, MCG

Back