Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 17 - Cats v Tigers Fri September 11th 7:50pm AEST (Metricon) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 29 31.5%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 25 27.2%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 13 14.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This game will depend on the Tigers really. Geelong has been lucky in that nearly every week their opposition plays bad rather than Geelong playing well. If the Tigers play badly, Cats win. If Tigers play well, they'll win. Simples

cant see the tigers winning, Geelong looks pretty daunting with big, seasoned and experienced squad, similar to Adelaide of 2017.
Only way we win if we are on our bike. run could worry the cats, but that's about it.

cant see the tigers winning, Geelong looks pretty daunting with big, seasoned and experienced squad, similar to Adelaide of 2017.
Only way we win if we are on our bike. run could worry the cats, but that's about it.
Reverse Moz not allowed on the mainboard. Richmond in a canter. Over by half time like the 2017 QF.

I don’t think run worries as much as it used to, we are quicker than we probably have been in the last few years - but the tigers are a team that has the skill level to pick us apart anyway.

I can't see Richmond winning. Their injury list is too long and we're also bringing our own umpires.

Just getting Dimma's press conference ready. Still a long way to go.

Cats have been fantastic more of team spread now.Everybody worrying about Balta going on Hawkins big ask for the kid, but I think we do that well support him players peeling off third man up. Cats backline I reckon may struggle with matchup for Lynch not Henderson or Taylor and with Jack taking the second best defender could be a win for us.We need to win our fair share of clearances and contested ball and dominate in the ruck which I think we can do to win the game.

Interesting couple weeks ago when dogs took the game up to them they were fast and furious and skillful and applied alot of pressure before cats pegged them back.

Last edited:
Anyone who's not excited for this game, just doesn't like footy. Match of the year coming up, IMO

It's up there, but based on anticipation, nerves, etc. I'd have the WCE game higher as I considered them more of a threat come finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really interesting to get the Richmond perspective from some thoughtful Tiger fans in here.

It’s a great test for both teams, but - barring a thrashing - I could see any result being reversed come finals.

However, Geelong are, and should be favourites to win as things stand - so it’s up to the Cats to deal with the inevitable onslaught and get a grip on the game.

I’m somewhat confident of a Cats win, personally, but wouldn’t put any money on it.

Bombers, saints, port, crows, north. No pressure applied by any of those teams.
That's correct. Cats are lucky those teams decided not to show up as it had nothing to do with Geelong just completely dismantling them. Geelong lucky to even be in the 8 tbh

That's correct. Cats are lucky those teams decided not to show up as it had nothing to do with Geelong just completely dismantling them. Geelong lucky to even be in the 8 tbh

Geelong are lucky they're in a hub up in Qld at them moment or else the locals might be picketing out the front of Kardinia calling for Scott to be sacked and Selwood delisted so bad are they going.

Really interesting to get the Richmond perspective from some thoughtful Tiger fans in here.

It’s a great test for both teams, but - barring a thrashing - I could see any result being reversed come finals.

However, Geelong are, and should be favourites to win as things stand - so it’s up to the Cats to deal with the inevitable onslaught and get a grip on the game.

I’m somewhat confident of a Cats win, personally, but wouldn’t put any money on it.

I think you have it pretty much spot on, Geelong should be favourites for this game and are playing the better footy atm.

I'd still be confident we could reverse the result come finals. Hopefully Saints beat WCE tonight and we could afford to drop this game, stay in 4th and and try and get some players back to fitness ready to hit the finals.

I have a feeling this year the GF winner will come through a QF, teams have struggled with longer breaks this year because of the limits on full training sessions, I reckon having the pre finals bye then effectively another bye second week of finals will mean teams may only have 1 game in nearly 4 weeks could hurt the teams sent straight through to the Prelims.

Bombers, saints, port, crows, north. No pressure applied by any of those teams.
I’ll give you bombers and north. Crows had arguably played their best game, they have won their next two after it. If you watched it you would know Geelong kicked away fairly late. Not sure how beating the ladder leaders at their home ground can be a soft kill. Saints were 3rd at the time and were red hot. I think your confusing dominant performance with soft kills.

I’ll give you bombers and north. Crows had arguably played their best game, they have won their next two after it. If you watched it you would know Geelong kicked away fairly late. Not sure how beating the ladder leaders at their home ground can be a soft kill. Saints were 3rd at the time and were red hot. I think your confusing dominant performance with soft kills.
Port game wasn’t in Adelaide. They were dominant performances no doubt but there was no pressure coming back the other way. Just saying tigers will apply pressure you haven’t dealt with in the last month. Will be interesting to see how you handle it, as how we handle it as well.
Half of me actually want the eagles to win tonight so it’s all on the line for both teams tmrw as a saints win will no doubt take a bit of the edge off the game.

Last edited:

Agree with all of this. I won't be too worried by the loss itself, it's more that if we lose and WC beat the saints, we have no chance of top 4, and then it all gets much much harder. But if we lose and still finish top 4 then finals are a different beast.

I wonder, too, if we'll start to see a slew of soft-tissue injuries from all clubs now, as the compressed season takes its toll - there were quite a few this round. Luck with injuries is always a part of AFL, more than most sports, but I have a feeling we'll see 'strings popping left and right over the next month which will be a bit of a wildcard come finals.

Port game wasn’t in Adelaide. They were dominant performances no doubt but there was no pressure coming back the other way. Just saying tigers will apply pressure you haven’t dealt with in the last month. Will be interesting to see how you handle it, as how we handle it as well.
Half of me actually wants eagles to win tonight so it’s all on the line for both teams tmrw as a saints win will no doubt take a bit of the edge off the game.
My bad about the port game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 17 - Cats v Tigers Fri September 11th 7:50pm AEST (Metricon) Match Highlights in OP

Back