Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 13 - BIG FREEZE 9 Demons v Pies Mon June 12th 3:20pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 25 37.3%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

No chance
They lack the weapons to get the job done and if they finish in the 8, will just be making up the numbers. They'll face a similar result to last year.
They missed the best player in the league today and still won. Lol

Pies run off half back can look pretty when it works but the question mark remains is can it hold up to finals like contested footy and pressure, this is what Melbourne have brought today
I would have thought last year losing to both Geelong and Swans by under a goal in finals shows it works. And we are even better this season.

JDG and Sidebottom would also be handy. But another big forward is what we miss. Johnson has been ok but not the big body that can bring the ball down.
If 8-9 missing from the best 22 won't be acknowledged by neutrals, good luck with 4 or so.

Melbourne's 2nd and 3rd best midfielders are better than Collingwood's, so the flow on effect of missing number one is bigger. Collingwood's wing play is one of their points of difference, so Sidey is a reasonable loss. J.Flucos looked out of sorts too. Then your forward line is dependent on workmanlike talls getting it to ground for your full set of small crumbers - it's never a strong point but was certainly at its weakest today. Plus Elliot still gives another marking option too.

Collingwood were a bit off today and looked leggy - flu affected or coincidental, who knows. I wouldn't be backing against them in a rematch down the line. Ultimately when it comes to finals, any side with a few important pieces out will be vulnerable.

They missed the best player in the league today and still won. Lol

Oliver the best in the league ? Lol I don't see any brownlow or norm smith medals around his neck!!

Almost lost it against a side missing quite a few players. And a few in todays side were battling flu symptoms. Melbournes wins have come against average opposition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just seen the highlights, what was going on with mason Cox and petracca at the final siren

Oliver the best in the league ? Lol I don't see any brownlow or norm smith medals around his neck!!

Almost lost it against a side missing quite a few players. And a few in todays side were battling flu symptoms. Melbournes wins have come against average opposition.

When all is said and done, I trust Melbourne (at full strength) to go further than a full strength Collingwood.

Form line and quality of opposition beaten is immaterial

Back