Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 23 - Saints v Cats Sat Aug 19th 7:25pm EST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 23 44.2%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong played WCE in Adelaide but they are so bad that you would prefer them to be one of your interstate games - likewise NM as far as "away" games.

Ideally you wanted to get the sides in 5th-14th at home and not too many against the top 4 (Geelong had 4 away and 2 at home; St Kilda 2 home, 1 neutral, 1 away) - especially away. I think St Kilda did pretty well on that front (swap Collingwood and Port away for Gold Coast at home and NM neutral for example and it flips the script on both teams) but that's just the way the fixturing works.
Ah yep, thats right. Gather round has made the season weird and spicy.

The fixture is an even bigger mess than trying to figure out if the Saints are good or not. Or if Geelong win their next 2 do they play at GMHBA against a non vic club.

Salty that we beat your full strength team earlier in the year and it has taken your loser club to drop all those over paid seagulls to play decent football
Carlton fans love to go on and on about how they're winning without 8 of their best 22 but didn't they start winning without all those overpaid seagulls you guys are calling beat 22?
Yikes! You're really not very good at this.

The theme of our season has been failing to grasp opportunities so I expect we will do the same for this game. Saints by a couple of goals.
Are you sure you're not talking about us?
That has been our MO for years.

kind of evens out the previous fixtures where we have received the hardest-rated fixture 2 years in a row.
and if using that logic I wouldn't say your fixture has been magnitudes harder than ours.
Cats play Pies Port Dogs and Sydney out of the top 8 contenders
Saints played Blues Brisbane and Richmond

matter of stats has an interesting post on fixture ratings

as for those saying we don't deserve to make the 8, we've been top 8 all year, how is that undeserving? Will we make the GF? no but no team outside of Carlton's outside chance I don't believe will make it either!
You're wasting your time with the catpiss collector. He hangs it on St Kilda every week. He's more anti saints than pro cats. Probably had something to do with an unfortunate incident involving Molly Meldrum and one of his pet cats but I can't confirm.

No that's not true at all, the game we smashed Port was pretty close to our best 22, minus Kennedy and Williams.

But this thread is about Saints vs Cats and all I posted was 'Cats by 38', which seems like a reasonable prediction, you clearly have some scars to be triggered like this.
Reasonable? We beat them last year at Marvel fairly comfortably. We have beaten Hawks (in hindsight, looks much better now) North, and Tigers in the last month while playing three quarters against your mob (who are in fire).
Whereas Geelong have beaten a depleted Port at Cats Park, How is your comment reasonable?

Reasonable? We beat them last year at Marvel fairly comfortably.
Geelong? Comfortably?

You won by 10 points and won 1 of 4 quarters.

-13, -3, +32, -6

Reasonable? We beat them last year at Marvel fairly comfortably. We have beaten Hawks (in hindsight, looks much better now) North, and Tigers in the last month while playing three quarters against your mob (who are in fire).
Whereas Geelong have beaten a depleted Port at Cats Park, How is your comment reasonable?
Because it's a prediction of the result of a sporting game by a random person on an internet sporting forum?

So you think the possibility of the Cats winning by 6 goals is completely unreasonable?

Geelong? Comfortably?

You won by 10 points and won 1 of 4 quarters.

-13, -3, +32, -6
Dont forget this stat.

St Kilda has played 2457 matches for 22 finals wins and one premiership in 124 years.

Joel Selwood has played 355 Games for 22 finals wins and has won four premierships in 16 years

Dont forget this stat.

St Kilda has played 2457 matches for 22 finals wins and one premiership in 124 years.

Joel Selwood has played 355 Games for 22 finals wins and has won four premierships in 16 years
Yeah but Duckwood is at Melb storm these days so he's not gonna help you on Sat night. We will win comfortably. Same as last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont forget this stat.

Won most of his flags with Steven Dank as head of fitness, how did Dank work out at Essendon? Strange they never looked into his time at Geelong.

Won most of his flags with Steven Dank as head of fitness, how did Dank work out at Essendon? Strange they never looked into his time at Geelong.
Makes their premierships even more of an incredible achievement then imo, having a biochemist who wasn't even employed by the club as their Head of Fitness, remarkable.

Exactly, comfortably. The game was over in the third because we smashed your side to run out the game comfortably.

Scoreboard pressure is nice but a win is a win, why give up red time goals.

Geelong lost to Fremantle in Geelong, maybe get back in your lane.

Is this misplaced bravado just a way to tell yourself you're not every clubs sure thing. That when they make a GF if it is against St.Kilda they can engrave the cup before the game? Even the colliwobbles can beat your mob when it matters.

Had the Saints fans on here come to this thread and said it'd be a hard game, two even teams fighting for one of the last finals places but I believe my team is good enough to win... No one would have batted an eyelid.

But it is nothing more than misplaced, misguided and frankly laughable arrogance based on what exactly?? I mean we won our most recent meeting by close to 8 goals.

I'm very happy this is at Docklands instead of at Geelong, we haven't won at Kardinia Park since 1999, which is an incredible stat.
Yeah but not as bad as it may seem I guess. 24 years is probably 10-12 games . Saints at Marvel tough to beat as we found out last year before we went on a run… I think Scott looks up to Ross a bit as well and they have formed a bit of a friendship. Ah let the best team win and hopefully they go on with it….

But it is nothing more than misplaced, misguided and frankly laughable arrogance based on what exactly?? I mean we won our most recent meeting by close to 8 goals.
At Kardinia Park, where this game isnt being played.

What gives Geelong the belief they will win? Been horrible all year and couldnt knock off Collingwood without half their team whereas we pushed a fully fit Pies to under 10 points (if I remember correctly). Saints have been in the top 8 all year and Geelong have looked like a bottom 8 team all year. Why do I have bravado, because we are playing Geelong at Marvel not KP.

Because geelong had nothing to answer for, the club won the premierships fair and square.
Then why not ask the question? Never got ask because the AFL were unsure what they would find and what pulling that thread would unravel. Saving Geelong from being booted from the league and becoming a blemish on the league.

I don't believe in coincidences and the fact that Thompson and Dank were drugging Essendon players and didn't drug Cats players is a bridge to far.

Then why not ask the question? Never got ask because the AFL were unsure what they would find and what pulling that thread would unravel. Saving Geelong from being booted from the league and becoming a blemish on the league.

I don't believe in coincidences and the fact that Thompson and Dank were drugging Essendon players and didn't drug Cats players is a bridge to far.
You clearly don't know what you're talking about, you thought Dank was their Head of Fitness.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 23 - Saints v Cats Sat Aug 19th 7:25pm EST (Marvel)

Back