Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 15 - Blues v Cats Fri June 21st 7:40pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 35 46.1%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 15.8%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 21 27.6%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Mr Meow is Jhye Clark even playing? :)
I wasn't the poster you disputed with about how good he would be. It's not surprising that your drunk arse has gotten that mixed up.

As for tonight it went about as I expected. I've tipped geeolong twice (Richmond, Port) over the past 7 weeks, so have only got one wrong. From the Melbourne game it was clear our team was out of kilter.

He ran in from the side 3m over the mark having not been in the contest.

Watch more football. Its 50m penalty literally all the time. Umpires usually get it right too.
It was 50m but get it right even with your Geelong bias. He came in from behind so that it is quite often let go and was tonight on other occasions - in this instance it wasn't let go and it was the right call.

Where are all those peanut Cats fans who bi***ed and moaned that we left our last match vs the Handbaggers confident we'd smoke them the next time around. Cats mids are the worst in the league by a country mile.
Certainly has looked that way. Most cats fans have been very worried about our midfield all year and were somewhat surprised by our form early in year - held up by some crafty coaching and utilising certain skills in unique manner from forwards covering with their elite endurance and foot skills up the field, but been worked out and off form now. We’ll be okay, as we usually are, but not really in the mix this year. More looking to next iteration which has already begun. Carlton have a number of serious A graders and some good role players clear on their role - more to come. But then, you’ve just gotta take the opportunity ahead of you and the team seems to understand their test will be later in the year. Like the Blues team - can take or leave the arrogance of some supporters but you get that to a degree in most clubs. Either way, don’t bother about any other team - enjoy the ride while you up and in it. Life’s pretty good when your team is winning and you have confidence in them

Ed 'I found that game a little bit boring' 🤣🤣

While I was fairly confident of a win and tipped us by a couple goals, I never felt 100% comfortable. Despite some patchy form, the Cats still have a lot of great players who know how to win.

It was just nice to put a team away for once.
As much as I said earlier that Cats would be better after Hawk came off (was genuinely a concern), it's also never nice to see a great of the game go down like that.

Certainly has looked that way. Most cats fans have been very worried about our midfield all year and were somewhat surprised by our form early in year - held up by some crafty coaching and utilising certain skills in unique manner from forwards covering with their elite endurance and foot skills up the field, but been worked out and off form now. We’ll be okay, as we usually are, but not really in the mix this year. More looking to next iteration which has already begun. Carlton have a number of serious A graders and some good role players clear on their role - more to come. But then, you’ve just gotta take the opportunity ahead of you and the team seems to understand their test will be later in the year. Like the Blues team - can take or leave the arrogance of some supporters but you get that to a degree in most clubs. Either way, don’t bother about any other team - enjoy the ride while you up and in it. Life’s pretty good when your team is winning and you have confidence in them

Good post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Truly, some Carlton fans are so obsessed about obtaining any form of success they go bonkers at folk who tip against them. Bit sad really.
There's tipping against us and then there's constant blatant trolling week to week. Those ones get their just desserts tonight.

Hopefully Hawkins is ok. Never good to see a player on crutches.

Patrick in Danger MRP field; may cop one since Walsh had the arms pinned and was left looking like a cow eating grass in the tackle.

It's extremely hard to be over rated, when we are trying to be rated ? Scary thing is, we have improvement in us when we get the full side in
Biggest improvement has been how Carlton react when teams have challenged them. Carlton have weaknesses in their game (as all sides do) that personnel alone won't fix. At the moment they aren't being exploited due to the strength of Carlton's midfield clearances and scoring prowess enough to matter. That being said, Geelong's movement of the ball forward was pathetic. Carlton did defend well but Geelong repeatedly made the same errors you'd expect to see from a bottom 6 side. Playing on from a mark into trouble to the point where you stop and prop as often as Geelong did is inexcusable.

Hopefully Hawkins is ok. Never good to see a player on crutches.

Patrick in Danger MRP field; may cop one since Walsh had the arms pinned and was left looking like a cow eating grass in the tackle.

Hard to feel sorry for any of them. Geelong have had an amazing run but they are well overdue for a decade of bottom 4 finishes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 15 - Blues v Cats Fri June 21st 7:40pm AEST (MCG)

Back