Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 15 - Blues v Cats Fri June 21st 7:40pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 35 46.1%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 15.8%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 21 27.6%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Felt that Geelong tested us more than Carlton did. Cameron up the ground is like Bradman batting at No. 8. When he went FF he started kicking goals easily albeit the game was gone.

Scott is the master of getting his team to peak and all info points to them resetting and going hard at it after the bye.

I’m thinking this will be close and a Geelong win would not surprise.

Felt that Geelong tested us more than Carlton did. Cameron up the ground is like Bradman batting at No. 8. When he went FF he started kicking goals easily albeit the game was gone.

Scott is the master of getting his team to peak and all info points to them resetting and going hard at it after the bye.

I thought they pushed you more too, we looked tired and disinterested after the first 10-15 minutes of that game. May have been that we were just getting destroyed in every facet of the game but I thought we looked quite off that match with our energy and intensity.

If we rock up tomorrow with a similar mindset I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Cats pulled off an upset.

I thought they pushed you more too, we looked tired and disinterested after the first 10-15 minutes of that game. May have been that we were just getting destroyed in every facet of the game but I thought we looked quite off that match with our energy and intensity.

If we rock up tomorrow with a similar mindset I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Cats pulled off an upset.
Was there that match and you did look gassed walking off at half time after destroying us at the start. But you also had a massive injury list at the time as well and some were playing a touch injured like Pitto. Will be a very different proposition with your full list on the park and at the G.

The game between these two sides earlier in the season is still a frustration; hopefully we can extract some revenge.

Blues are playing some good football at the moment but still have a fair bit of improvement in them, whilst the Cats have spluttered since a fast start to the year.

Dangerfield will be a big in for the Cats, though has not played for nearly 2 months so how big an impact he has remains to be seen.

Last time out, Cameron was the difference between the two sides. He's out of form but the cynic in me sees this as an opportunity to play himself back in form, though the inclusion of McGovern will certainly help.

Won't speak for the Cats, but we're likely going to see a somewhat different Carlton side from the last time we met, which wasn't all that long ago.

Looking at the team from that day and comparing with what we put out a few weeks back vs Essendon...

Cincotta --> Binns
Fogarty --> Cottrell
McGovern --> Pittonet
Saad --> Young

A clear improvement with McGovern and Saad in particular critical to the way we play, whilst the recent Fogarty W/L record is quite something.

Very keen to see whether Cerra and Motlop are in for this one. We haven't seen Cerra for 6 weeks, whilst Motlop hasn't played senior footy this year but looks ready to come in after a strong showing at reserve level.

Want to see how the teams line up before a final tip, but leaning towards Carlton at the moment. Just think we are the better side playing better footy right now, though Jeremy Cameron looms large as he always does, regardless of recent form.

Should be a really good game.
nice flag....

We looked incredibly off in Sydney. Compounded injuries. Pitto finger and Weitering Corkie in game (which we subbed at half time). We lost the game in the last quarter. Back 6 was a shambles once our general was off the ground.

Cats fans on here been purring since the last match where we were missing 10, they kicked 18 goals without a miss, we only played 10 good minutes of footy, dominated most stats, and should have won comfortably.

Glad we get a chance to correct it. Blues by plenty, 60+.

That's a nice projection you've got there, seeming Baggers fans never STFU when they haven't won shit.

Blues by 20. Should be getting this one done you’d think, but would be a huge win for Geelong if they can pull it off

Cats usually play really well as the underdog.
If Blues take Cats lightly we may see a repeat of last week where they jumped Sydney.

Swans elite players stood up and flipped the result but Cats pushed them right until the last quarter, was only 12 points in the last quarter

Can't wait for tonight, winner will be the most likely opponent for Sydney (or Hawthorn cough cough cough) on Grand Final day. While the loser is just making up the numbers.

That's a nice projection you've got there, seeming Baggers fans never STFU when they haven't won shit.

They have won the hearts of BT & Abby

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fantasy land?
Just more projection from the Baggers. Weren't you plebs trying to sack your coach halfway through last year and "bagging" (check out the pun) most of the players?

Now all of a sudden you're contenders? Meh
One Prelim finish last year where you got handled easily doesn't make you World Beaters.

Gotta actually start winning something before crowing how good your team is....but we all saw this coming.
You've been good for all of what? 5 minutes and can finally join us at the adults table. Congrats!
I'll be waiting to say, "Told you so!" when you come join us in the Fraud Contenders Lounge.
See, at Geelong we are pretty realistic with expectations, we don't start pumping the team up as World beaters after stringing a couple of regular season wins together

Plenty of space waiting for you ;)
Fire Bar GIF by Van der Valk Amsterdam-Amstel
That’s pretty funny!

Hangover 4.

Is that Collingwood I can see lying drunk & unconscious on the couch after their premiership “big night out”.

Collingwood wakes, lifts head & sees Geelong sitting knowingly at the bar …

Says Collingwood - “Where am I…”?.

Fantasy land?
Just more projection from the Baggers. Weren't you plebs trying to sack your coach halfway through last year and "bagging" (check out the pun) most of the players?

One Prelim finish last year where you got handled easily doesn't make you World Beaters.

Gotta actually start winning something before crowing how good your team is....but we all saw this coming.
You've been good for all of what? 5 minutes and can finally join us at the adults table. Congrats!
I'll be waiting to say, "Told you so!" when you come join us in the Fraud Contenders Lounge.
See, at Geelong we are pretty realistic with expectations, we don't start pumping the team up as World beaters after stringing a couple of regular season wins together

Spectacular meltdown - congrats!

Blues by 26.

Fantasy land?

...and skating in like Bradbury is our new leader for AFL Nuffy of the Week.

Fantasy land?

Handled easily? The margin was 16 points after getting up to a 5 goal lead in the first before running on fumes.

Well yes, we're "all of a sudden" contenders because we finished 3rd last year and now sitting 2nd at the halfway point. Not sure what your definition of "contending" is.

Fantasy land?

Cool story.

You didn't even make finals last year.

2022 was a long time ago pal.

Get ready for a flogging.

Well yes, we're "all of a sudden" contenders because we finished 3rd last year and now sitting 2nd at the halfway point. Not sure what your definition of "contending" is.

"Contending" in Bigfooty means you won the last 6 premierships in a row and are going for #7.

Otherwise, you're pretending and were lucky to win anything at all.

Funny what 2022 does. Big game tonight and as relaxed as could possibly be about the game. W-L-D... Calm.

So good to be back able to enjoy footy for what it is and not stress out following a team that kept getting close and falling short. No pressure anymore.

we come across as a vulnerable team. lots of close wins, never putting teams away even with the weight of stats. we give other sides a good look, regardless of where they are on the ladder. our first quarters are usually good, opposition adjusts and we spend a good chunk of time of the middle two quarters adjusting to their new tactics/treading water/asleep before finishing with a wet sail in the last. in our wins, anyway.
we've managed to be much more efficient in front of goal lately, which is good because we've also not got it into our forward 50 as much. if one day we kick like ass and struggle with forward 50 entries we're in for a world of hurt.

a slew of our better players have come back in the last few weeks and the ladder shows that somewhat. we're also coming up against a side that has left a few scars and skidmarks in the minds and pants of most teams.
geelong seem to be a shit side lately. but there's always that sense that they can turn it on, they're geelong, always thereabouts and kicking your butt if they decide they want to.
expecting a nervous night in front of the telly. geelong or carlton by 9 corn kernels.

Carlton really have been so cute with their excitement the last year. A bit like a 40 year virgin finally getting rid of the tag.

We're 29 year old flag virgins. How about you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 15 - Blues v Cats Fri June 21st 7:40pm AEST (MCG)

Back