Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 16 - Eagles v Hawks Sun June 30th 4:40pm AEST/1:40pm WST (OS)

Who will win and by how much?

• Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 20 29.9%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 23 34.3%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 17 25.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Evidence sure doesn't seem to point that way, but I guess when you're as deluded as you are there's no evidence that could sway your opinion anyway.
Things change quickly in footy. There were calls for SMitchs head as recently as 2-3 months ago. But things get forgotten very quickly with a handful of wins.

Things change quickly in footy. There were calls for SMitchs head as recently as 2-3 months ago. But things get forgotten very quickly with a handful of wins.
No one of any importance or credibility was calling for Mitchell to get sacked this year. And you speak of a handful of wins like your club wouldn't give their collective first born children for a couple of them. Enjoy the L, I'm off to bed.

Yeah mate against an opposing centre trio of two 19 year olds and a bloke who’s just lost his dad.
Terrible news about the player, not a clue who or the circumstances but tragic news.

Aside from that, the midfield combination is a cop out. What was clear was a lack of effort in the midfield. They've shown to be more than capable and today it was non existent.

No one of any importance or credibility was calling for Mitchell to get sacked this year. And you speak of a handful of wins like your club wouldn't give their collective first born children for a couple of them. Enjoy the L, I'm off to bed.
Gotta love your revisionist bullshit. You’ve done it all through this thread.

Terrible news about the player, not a clue who or the circumstances but tragic news.

Aside from that, the midfield combination is a cop out. What was clear was a lack of effort in the midfield. They've shown to be more than capable and today it was non existent.
More than enough evidence to see why if you look past the surface.

From guys you’d expect more from: Yeo has to be given a pass for this week. Kelly’s first game in a month. Ryan, who’s played mid for the past 3 weeks for the first time ever and is also very underdone.

From there it’s just kids. Reid’s first game for a while and he was still pretty solid. Chesser and Ginbey have barely played any footy.

That’s it. Thats the entire midfield mix. I’m not sure what much more was to be expected.

Unsociable Hawks? Happy to win any way we have to, but that doesn’t mean I have to respect the bloke. It’s been rare for me to dislike any player on a Hawks side, but this guy is pushing the friendship. Anyone who has the right mail on him knows he will be elite, but I’m sorry that I don’t like the way he is going about it at the moment.
It isn’t that deep, he’s shushing the crowd because he has been copping it. It’s a bit of flavour to the game. He’s going to be a gun, just enjoy the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only people calling for Sams head were journalists looking for clicks (the poor kind who don’t have talent in the industry), and big footy people who have zero credibility.

More than enough evidence to see why if you look past the surface.

From guys you’d expect more from: Yeo has to be given a pass for this week. Kelly’s first game in a month. Ryan, who’s played mid for the past 3 weeks for the first time ever and is also very underdone.

From there it’s just kids. Reid’s first game for a while and he was still pretty solid. Chesser and Ginbey have barely played any footy.

That’s it. Thats the entire midfield mix. I’m not sure what much more was to be expected.
Yeo sure, but he chose to play. He chose to play and likely honour his father. He could’ve not played, but he wanted to, I don’t think it’s as an easy of a pass and I’m sure he wouldn’t be using it as an excuse. It would’ve been fuel.

Kelly deemed fit and effort is a non negotiable. Reid is gonna be a gun, but had no help and even he was starting to throw cheapies. Chesser I liked, should get midfield time. Ryan isn’t a midfielder and neither is Brockman, they’re small time stint players. I also don’t really rate Ginbey.

Evidence sure doesn't seem to point that way, but I guess when you're as deluded as you are there's no evidence that could sway your opinion anyway.
Look on the bright side, you don't have to play them again for a while and he's on the other side of the country - think of us lol

Eliot Yeo's dad died last Monday

Look on the bright side, you don't have to play them again for a while and he's on the other side of the country - think of us lol
It's fine, he's in here spinning his wheels and getting zero traction. Meanwhile, the media and his fellow West Coast fans are calling for their coach's head.

I guess it's easier to bury your head in the sand here and point fingers at other clubs than really dissect what's happening in your own backyard.

I hope he sleeps well, I know I will.

It's fine, he's in here spinning his wheels and getting zero traction. Meanwhile, the media and his fellow West Coast fans are calling for their coach's head.

I guess it's easier to bury your head in the sand here and point fingers at other clubs than really dissect what's happening in your own backyard.

it might be Benny ;)

you might enjoy this :)

The eagles have the list I’d least like to have. Some good players, but the age profile is horrific, youth is patchy with some good talents and some players who shouldn’t be on lists.
I could’ve said the same thing about the Hawks list early in the year. A lot of nothing players (mostly one paced half backs) and a fair few rejects from other clubs. Amazing how a bit of confidence and cohesion can make average players look far better

Yeo sure, but he chose to play. He chose to play and likely honour his father. He could’ve not played, but he wanted to, I don’t think it’s as an easy of a pass and I’m sure he wouldn’t be using it as an excuse. It would’ve been fuel.

Kelly deemed fit and effort is a non negotiable. Reid is gonna be a gun, but had no help and even he was starting to throw cheapies. Chesser I liked, should get midfield time. Ryan isn’t a midfielder and neither is Brockman, they’re small time stint players. I also don’t really rate Ginbey.
You can say what you like, but you only need to be 5% off against a side that’s already on a bit of a roll and it’ll look very easy.

I listed our midfield group, the two best who had issues coming into the game and the rest either aren’t mids or are less than 20 games played. I’m not sure what else you want that group of players to have done?

Everyone’s sprouting that there was a lack of effort, but that’s just us sitting on our couches watching through a screen. For all we know they left everything out there but they were off just enough for a side running on all cylinders to make them look silly.

I could’ve said the same thing about the Hawks list early in the year. A lot of nothing players (mostly one paced half backs) and a fair few rejects from other clubs. Amazing how a bit of confidence and cohesion can make average players look far better
Nah, that’s just your uneducated opinion.

Reid looks good, I like Chesser although production isn’t there, Waterman, Allen, Brockman are literally the only pieces of youth that definitely have talent and will make it, Ginbey too although I don’t rate him as highly as others with his poor kicking and skill.

Hawthorns talent profile is night and day better than West Coasts. The Eagles really need a few years down the bottom, especially before Tasmania come in.

You can say what you like, but you only need to be 5% off against a side that’s already on a bit of a roll and it’ll look very easy.

I listed our midfield group, the two best who had issues coming into the game and the rest either aren’t mids or are less than 20 games played. I’m not sure what else you want that group of players to have done?

Everyone’s sprouting that there was a lack of effort, but that’s just us sitting on our couches watching through a screen. For all we know they left everything out there but they were off just enough for a side running on all cylinders to make them look silly.
Effort is a non negotiable and the Eagles barely gave that. You could see it from the lack of urgency in transition to protect ball movement. The structure fell apart, the effort dropped off and bullied around the ball, outworked and cut apart. It was night and day but it starts from a lack of effort.

Back