Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 18 - Eagles v Lions Sun July 14th 4:40pm AEST/2:40PM WST (OS)

Who will win and by how much?

• Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

• Eagles by a lot

• Lions by a lot

Votes: 21 65.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It was an absolute embarrassment

Hard to have any faith in this competition with the bullshit the umps served up tonight
Not sure if serious. Just in the last quarter from what I remember - McInerney clearly threw the ball for 1 of Lions goals, Lohmann 50m penalty for goal. Yes Eagles got the rubbish Allen free for a goal, but the umpires also didn't pay the clear throw after prior opportunity by Andrews on the top of goal square when Cripps hit the post. That's a 2 goal advantage to Brisbane right there, yet you are complaining?

Not sure if serious. Just in the last quarter from what I remember - McInerney clearly threw the ball for 1 of Lions goals, Lohmann 50m penalty for goal. Yes Eagles got the rubbish Allen free for a goal, but the umpires also didn't pay the clear throw after prior opportunity by Andrews on the top of goal square when Cripps hit the post. That's a 2 goal advantage to Brisbane right there, yet you are complaining?

Haha 2 little 50:60 calls when eagles got everything else? Wow, talk about entitled

Seriously, it was embarrassing the one sided calls being made

The surface of Optus is an absolute disgrace. They may as well not have remediated the rubbish dump, because it’s still a dump.

It's amazing how a club as rich as West Coast can be as bad as they've been these last three years.
That's before mentioning the fact they've won twice as many wooden spoons as Fremantle.
and 4 more premierships than the dockers and more premierships than geelong since they joined the comp

Interestingly the Lions had more 0-25 gamers on the field today, we are far more top ended of course but shows how many kids we have in the side.

Eagles still need to clear out their veterans but I thought their veterans were the main reason they were ultra competitive, so I don’t know what you do.
This is just a dumb and embarrassing post.
You do realise that Brisbane had six players over thirty years old on the field
The Eagles only had two. Jamie Cripps and Elliot Yeo .
Do your research before you post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is just a dumb and embarrassing post.
You do realise that Brisbane had six players over thirty years old on the field
The Eagles only had two. Jamie Cripps and Elliot Yeo .
Do your research before you post.
Not sure how I want to respond to this, you've insulted me straight off the bat for no good reason.

I made an observation about 0-25 gamers (7 for WC, 9 for Brisbane), I didn't mention 30+ year olds. Although I did mention we're far more "top ended", if you had properly read the post.

Your post screams emotional immaturity, best you stay in the shadows.

Not sure how I want to respond to this, you've insulted me straight off the bat for no good reason.

I made an observation about 0-25 gamers (7 for WC, 9 for Brisbane), I didn't mention 30+ year olds. Although I did mention we're far more "top ended", if you had properly read the post.

Your post screams emotional immaturity, best you stay in the shadows.
I apologise if i offended you. It's not all about games its about list profiles and talent.

eagles have 45 players
18-22 23 players
23-28 14 players
29 and over 8 players

lions have 47 players
18-22 18 players
23-28 20 players
29 and over 9 players

Even tho the eagles have 2 less players than the lions we have 5 more players in the youngest age profile
We have one less in the oldest profile
Lions have the best profile in the 23-28 age group

As for the lions having more players in the 0-25 game this is only due to some injuries to your best 22 and the fact that the eagles unfortunately have had some misfortune with some of their young talent in Long and Hewett who have had season ending injuries. Bazzo has just come back from nearly two years of no football and played his first wafl game on the week end. All would be in our best 22 if available
Lions also only played 6 players in the 18-22 age group while the eagles played 9 players in the 18 to 22 age group.
The eagles side was actually younger than the lions

If you or anybody else wants to criticise our list it should be on being thin on talent and a lack of players in the 23-28 age group.

Ps 10-12 teams also have more players 29 and over than us.

Last edited:
If Charlie Cameron goes for that tackle on Duggan I’ll be disgusted! No dumping or lifting motion was a very good tackle.

I apologise if i offended you. It's not all about games its about list profiles and talent.

eagles have 45 players
18-22 23 players
23-28 14 players
29 and over 8 players

lions have 47 players
18-22 18 players
23-28 20 players
29 and over 9 players

Even tho the eagles have 2 less players than the lions we have 5 more players in the youngest age profile
We have one less in the oldest profile
Lions have the best profile in the 23-28 age group

As for the lions having more players in the 0-25 game this is only due to some injuries to your best 22 and the fact that the eagles unfortunately have had some misfortune with some of their young talent in Long and Hewett who have had season ending injuries. Bazzo has just come back from nearly two years of no football and played his first wafl game on the week end. All would be in our best 22 if available
Lions also only played 6 players in the 18-22 age group while the eagles played 9 players in the 18 to 22 age group.
The eagles side was actually younger than the lions

If you or anybody else wants to criticise our list it should be on being thin on talent and a lack of players in the 23-28 age group.

Ps 10-12 teams also have more players 29 and over than us.
I think the point was though that Brisbane had a surprising amount of inexperienced players on the ground. At their current stage, the Eagles are expected to but Brisbane are probably not expected to be fielding that many players with under 25 games experience at this stage of the season. Hence why he also said 'shows how many kids we have in the side.'

As TL said, we are far more top ended and have the better talent on our list. Not sure what made you feel the need to jump down someone's throat for a post that was aimed at being surprising how many young and/or inexperienced AFL players the Lions had on the field.

Yes some of them are because of injury but some that have come in because of those injuries are performing as good as the players they replaced. An example would be Shadeau Brain who I would keep in the team when Starce comes back at the expense of the far more experienced Connor McKenna.

As expected, WC got their dead coach bounce, which in reality looked like increased effort. That'll probably run out in a week or so and normal programming will commence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 18 - Eagles v Lions Sun July 14th 4:40pm AEST/2:40PM WST (OS)

Back