Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 22 - Swans v Pies Fri Aug 9th 7:40pm AEST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Lotto? Both perfect examples of the rule being applied correctly.
A harsh precendent has now been set for the rest of this week, if that’s the case!

Will be interesting to see if Heeney gets Brownlow votes. I mean he should get 3, but we will see if the umpires basically refuse to give the votes to players who are not eligible to win. That really should not affect getting the votes though.

He should get all the votes let alone the 3.

He has heard of them Chadstar, but isn't a big enough dipstick to go back 30 years to bring some irrelevant side into it that has nothing to do with 2024. Keep your posts on topic.
Calling collingwood a great travelling side is a joke when they do so little travelling.
Do they count the games that they travel from the MCG to Marvel as away games
So far this year they have lost three away game a dn only won two games away and drew one

Last edited:
Man I am not salty in the slightest, we take your pick 6 and got Jye Amiss

You guys got a player who's role is to be on the injury list

I’m glad that teams are starting to use Fremantle as a development territory.

Allow the players to progress to a point, and then trade them to better teams. Rinse and repeat.

Absolutely 50, gutless umpiring. But it happens all the time late in games so par for the course. It’s not why we lost.

Hopefully Pies supporters don’t cry about it for quite as long as opposition supporters sooked about Greene.
WHAT! Pies supporter complaining about a lack of 50 have very short memories, only beat North because the umpire was too scared to call a blatant running over the mark!

Good riddance this year to the oldest team in the league

Lol, you got away with one there, probably leave it at that.

Sure but let’s not pretend the one against Blakey (who is as dumb as a plank for giving the silly ump a reason to) wasn’t a complete flop. Let’s call it relatively even. Probably our only game at home we’ve been vaguely on the right end of the umpiring

WHAT! Pies supporter complaining about a lack of 50 have very short memories, only beat North because the umpire was too scared to call a blatant running over the mark!

Good riddance this year to the oldest team in the league
I agree the non-50 is not the cause of the loss, and not complaining, just acknowledging it. Merely pointing out that the umps rarely have the balls to make a “deciding” call on a game, even where it’s obviously there.

It was an observation but cute how wound up you got to try and one up me?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree the non-50 is not the cause of the loss, and not complaining, just acknowledging it. Merely pointing out that the umps rarely have the balls to make a “deciding” call on a game, even where it’s obviously there.

It was an observation but cute how wound up you got to try and one up me?

Umpires are all terrible I’m past relying on these campaigners win or lose. As a side you just have to be better than them. The new HTb interpretation has made it worse not better and blame the people in charge there

Darcy Cameron was huge for Collingwood hurts we basically gave him away for nothing.

Umpires are all terrible I’m past relying on these campaigners win or lose. As a side you just have to be better than them. The new HTb interpretation has made it worse not better and blame the people in charge there
Exactly. Swings and roundabouts. In what has been an incredibly even comp this year it exacerbates the margin required to be better than your opposition.

The Pies last year were maybe five percent better than the chasing pack, and this year five percent worse than the glut of teams in prime position for finals. Our fortunes have probably fallen where they ultimately deserved to in both seasons, irrespective of umpiring anomalies and inconsistencies. As the margins continue to get thinner those anomalous decisions will stand out more and more, but ultimately you’ve just got to be better than it and rely on your performance to overcome a bad run with the whistle.

So what’s the plans for September pies fans?
Will have plenty of time to rewatch last year’s grand final. Best of luck to your mob, hope you end up with something similarly satisfying to do over the summer.

PS. Reamed by three points.

Don't choke in the finals again! Good luck.
Whatever, mate. Umpiring is diabolical across the board most weeks. Hardly surprising, when the game is basically codified chaos. I really don’t know what the answer is, short of completely changing the game.

Maybe we got lucky tonight. I wouldn’t know. I was at the game and I saw a few very dubious frees given to your guys. Swings and roundabouts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 22 - Swans v Pies Fri Aug 9th 7:40pm AEST (SCG)

Back