Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 22 - Swans v Pies Fri Aug 9th 7:40pm AEST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah really.
He is talking about how he changed our game plan.

If had of said we started kicking it long to our tall forwards (Carlton) do you think that means he made it up (1st to do it)?

Like I said, I think it's called adhd.
The reigning premiers, for whom the narrative is 'they never lose close games', had a problem for the last two years to hold on to leads?

makes sense.

anyway, my thesis remains, the guy is going to get super old, hope he didn't talk about how they 'won' again.

Everyone in this room knows exactly what he was alluding to.
You actually think he was saying he made it up?

Just before that he said it was a league wide thing.

I stand by what I said, I think it's called adhd or something like that, see if you can work out what I am alluding to.

The absolute pure cope from the Pies coach re: missed 50 metre penalty.

Do you know how many games Collingwood has won by less than a goal due to the rub of the green? Delusional down at that club.
He wasn't asked a question about previous games he was asked a question about the game that was just played. He was correct in saying it should have been 50

The absolute pure cope from the Pies coach re: missed 50 metre penalty.

Do you know how many games Collingwood has won by less than a goal due to the rub of the green? Delusional down at that club.
The fact that Mason Cox jumped forward over the mark when Blakey was kicking for goal and wasn't penalised actually counteracts the Mcstay non 50

I don't understand the 50m issue. Defenders run over the mark all the time when they are chasing a hard lead. They can't stop with all that momentum. The umpire calls them back and it's all good. Over the mark 50m penalties are paid if the opposition steps over the mark outside of the above situation.
You can even hear the ump calling him back 2 meters

Incredible he has all but admitted they are biased towards Collingwood.
Something the rest of us knew all along.

And the eagles got bashed from pillar to post for the same thing at Subi and Optus.
Voice of affirmation indeed, Collingwood has a ground of affirmation.

100%

Collingwood coach having a whinge about a non free kick that he thinks would have been paid at the MCG with 60,000 Pies fans screaming at the umpires.

Commentators love taking about the noise of affirmation at Optus every game.

But dont mention it much at all when the Pies are enjoying the rub of the green at the MCG.

You can continue umpiring discussion in here

27 point give up following an (almost) 35 point give up by Collingwood athe previous week and it is all about a nothing moment "It should have been a 50 meter free kick, and it wouda been fi it woz our umps on our home ground" - Collingwood coach is very disappointed I guess oh well as they say - "betta luck nek year m7"

I don't understand the 50m issue. Defenders run over the mark all the time when they are chasing a hard lead. They can't stop with all that momentum. The umpire calls them back and it's all good. Over the mark 50m penalties are paid if the opposition steps over the mark outside of the above situation.
I hate the Pies, but that is a classic 50 MP!

You can't keep chasing the guy when the mark has been taken clearly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it was worth Sydney winning to not have to hear BT keep saying that Collingwood is a great travelling side.
Has he ever heard of West coast 1992 and 1994.
Easy to be a great travelling side when you travel so little that each time you leave your own state it is a novelty.
BT saying they have a 70% away win record.I’m not sure when he is talking about because this year they have lost against GWS,Gold Coast & now Sydney, had a draw against Fremantle & beaten Brisbane .The Hawks game was in Gather Round when both sides were at a neutral venue.

The UnSelfConsciousness of the Reigning Premier regarding the Fickleness of referee decisions is Astounding after the run of Serendipity they have enjoyed the last couple of years.

The non 50m penalty looked fine to me. McCartin taken forward with the play and umpire called him back to the mark, (which he was doing) when McStay instantly played on and the ump called it.
Players dont have Formula 1 braking systems installed.

100%

Collingwood coach having a whinge about a non free kick that he thinks would have been paid at the MCG with 60,000 Pies fans screaming at the umpires.

Commentators love taking about the noise of affirmation at Optus every game.

But dont mention it much at all when the Pies are enjoying the rub of the green at the MCG.
Like Dimma moaning about Marvel. Those MCG tenants sure are entitled.

Remember the whole thing about Esgles fans booing? As if every other team isn't exactly the same.

A quick look at here and the Collingwood board shows me an entertaining fragility of mind by some Collingwood supporters and their coach
For several seasons now Collingwood has been playing to gain an extra second or two on every action they can... Holding the player up after a mark, Keeping a tackled player down, delay in giving back the ball and poorly disguised deliberate out of bounds. Just that extra few seconds or putting the ball out enough to get their players back in defence.
So when the Umps crack down on the shenanigans and obvious, albeit subtle, deliberate out of bounds, some Collingwood supporters can't compute the equation and now are in full meltdown mode.

Mcrae comes out post match and rather than address the players choke or the remarkable comeback from Sydney, throws some distraction dust out and claims there would have been a 50 if it was a Collingwood home game
LOL What dribble.

95% of Collingwood supporters are realistic where we are this season.

And to say he throws some distraction dust?? He answered a question asked to him. He didn’t bring it up, the journo did.

Seriously mate, get over it, and best of luck come finals.

Such a shame the Pies lost.
Homer Simpson Reaction GIF by Jason Clarke

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 22 - Swans v Pies Fri Aug 9th 7:40pm AEST (SCG)

Back