Game Day AFL Round 2 - Collingwood vs Richmond Matchday Discussion (MCG - 7.20pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, got that bit loud and clear. It's your theory on what happens if we don't win that has drawn interest.

Glad we got there in the end and its established as a theory not "use(ing) history to completely write off a team's chances of success". I eagerly await the scrambling to come should I be wrong about tonight's result!

With respect, I think you're misinterpreting the findings from your data. What they tell me is that the better sides don't go 0-2 down. You're seeing causality, I'm just seeing a statistical quirk.
Statistics are handy, but need to be handled with care. Say you ran the data on teams being 1-1 after two games and then making or missing the finals... I could be wrong, but I reckon you'd find that the odds were about 50%. Then you could divide 50% by 4% and find that teams that go 1-1 are 12.5 times as likely to make the finals as teams that go 0-2. That wouldn't stack up intuitively, as the difference is only one win in the bank.

I'm not really concerned with the technical aspect of it. Only emphasising how rare it is for teams to recover from an 0-2 start to make the top 8! Perhaps Ron the Bear can give us something more in depth, but as it stands going all the way back to the start of the thread it's a must win.
And that I totally agree with.

Sorry mate.. I'm part of the bourgeois.. I've never eaten a parma.. just food of the highest quality.

Pint, yes. Pot, no.

But no need to apologise. It is always a minor embarrassment and a source of confusion for all concerned when the bourgeoisie feels the need to doff its cap to the commoners.

Glad we dropped Cox offers nothing up forward, Broomhead will be interesting hope he plays well.

Looking forward to WHE backing up his good game last week.

Okay someone help me out here I'm confused. Why does most of this board think Cox Is in our best 22 and should be playing? Because to me week in and week out he contributes nothing. He is average in the ruck and up forward. For his size he can't mark and once the ball hits the deck he is useless and allows an easy rebound 50. Cox for me doesn't fit. You need your big men to at least apply some sort of pressure and Cox supplies nothing to me that says he should be playing best 22 football at the moment. For Christ sake I think White is a much better footballer than Cox which speaks a lot to me.

So someone please tell me what they see in Cox and please highlight which other team that has done well in previous years has had a forward like Cox or similar too that has performed well? Because I'm struggling to think of any and personally Cox doesn't fit into our formula

Just listening to David king on SEN. Wow, how does this bloke have a job in the media.

I sent several questions questioning his idiotic observations. Obviously no reply because they'd contradict everything the goofball asks.

Doing his best to corner Buckley into a hole. He's so stupid I feel like head butting my steering wheel. So frustrating.

Okay someone help me out here I'm confused. Why does most of this board think Cox Is in our best 22 and should be playing? Because to me week in and week out he contributes nothing. He is average in the ruck and up forward. For his size he can't mark and once the ball hits the deck he is useless and allows an easy rebound 50. Cox for me doesn't fit. You need your big men to at least apply some sort of pressure and Cox supplies nothing to me that says he should be playing best 22 football at the moment. For Christ sake I think White is a much better footballer than Cox which speaks a lot to me.

So someone please tell me what they see in Cox and please highlight which other team that has done well in previous years has had a forward like Cox or similar too that has performed well? Because I'm struggling to think of any and personally Cox doesn't fit into our formula

He is tall?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just listening to David king on SEN. Wow, how does this bloke have a job in the media.

I sent several questions questioning his idiotic observations. Obviously no reply because they'd contradict everything the goofball asks.

Doing his best to corner Buckley into a hole. He's so stupid I feel like head butting my steering wheel. So frustrating.

I see your King and raise you a Robbo.

Perhaps we're crying out for a consistent tall forward.. dunno. What were his stats last yr.. 8 games 16 goals.. isn't a bad return. He can't chase. He does get involved in a pack situation where he has to throw his body in.

I'm not a big fan of him.. i still think he can push to a 35-40 goal kicking forward though if he plays out of the square. He's not a dumb footballer.. i think he's quite bright.

If i had a choice.. I'd f this experiment where we get irish or american footballers right the f off.. its obviously a ploy to market the game of afl and the club overseas.

He is tall?
Bulldogs were premiers last year with one of the smallest forward lines so being tall isn't necessarily an assist, especially when you have only just learnt the game and can't make the ball well

Ever since that drug leak last I've bombarded SEN every time he goes on. A stupid, Narcissistic, sycophant.

Between him and king I'd imagine they have trouble dissecting a pea. And are probably blessed with less intelligence than one.

Patsa and kokoretsi washed down with some fine retsina I take it.

Maybe some tsigarides if you're going all out?

Kala imagine eating marinated squid and octopus when watching us play.. I'd choke on em.

I'm off to Jim's Tavern in Collingwood before the game. The place wreaks of b.o. The wait staff are rude and try and rip you off. The plates are filthy. The place is cramped. The food is however plentiful and tasty.

Reminds me off the restaraunts back in Greece. That's why I love the joint re.

Feeling very nervous about this match. A must win at all costs!

We will win this easily. Richmond, even with Martin playing he game of his life, only managed to beat Carlton - who managed to linger around the entire match.

Richmond is a highly overrated sack of bird manure. Watch cotchin do nothing tonight.

If we don't come out breathing fire and put this inferior team to the sword. If we don't win tonight we don't deserve to make the top 16.

Kala imagine eating marinated squid and octopus when watching us play.. I'd choke on em.

I'm off to Jim's Tavern in Collingwood before the game. The place wreaks of b.o. The wait staff are rude and try and rip you off. The plates are filthy. The place is cramped. The food is however plentiful and tasty.

Reminds me off the restaraunts back in Greece. That's why I love the joint re.

Hahahaha. You're awesome.

I think one day I'm gonna have find you and go to the footy with you. You're a classic.

This. He is a flog of the highest order with only others that work for that paper coming a close 2nd.

I cringed when he said on 360 he was going to write an article about Erin Phillips kissing her wife after winning the 'brownlow equivlent'. My fears were confirmed when in amongst the article was the (paraphrased as i don't have it in front of me) comment...'some people may have found it erotic / arousing'.

I mean this guy is the boss of the footbll writers at that paper. Seriously, if Eddie had said something like that (which he is not adverse to doing) the same paper would be smashing him.

Edit - "It encapsulated happiness, love, appreciation, understanding and, let’s be honest, it was probably a touch sensual for a number of men."

Last edited:
Hahahaha. You're awesome.

I think one day I'm gonna have find you and go to the footy with you. You're a classic.

We should go to Jim's Tavern before a game.. flick bizelia at the wait staff and owners. They won't have a go at us.. they'll probably join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back