Game Day AFL Round 2 - Collingwood vs Richmond Matchday Discussion (MCG - 7.20pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except Howe as a forward is far more inconsistent and the amount of high marks he takes weekly as a defender, he does so from 3rd or 4th player back where he can run and jump at it.

As a forward he is number 1 and gets stuck under the ball or his run blocked and hence becomes more opportunistic then a reliable target or bail out option.
Just want to highlight this because its an interesting thought as to why don't we deliver inside 50s in ways in which players like howe get that run and jump at it rather than being under it - a la cox last weekend.

Daicos held over.. he must be very very close to debuting, if not tonight then maybe next week..

giphy.gif
gladje4.gif

So then it wasn't hyperbolic of me to suggest that tonight will say a lot about our season then.
apparently not, but if the pies manage to square the ledger at 2-2 then you are still a 50% or thereabouts chance of making it. Of course, there are always exceptions to the statistical rules but early season form does seem to be extremely paramount according to the stats

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am a fan and wouldn't have dropped him. He is developing and his output as a KPFis excellent when we look at his games played. He is fast for his size with an exceptional leap which means his centre sq ruckwork is already good and will only improve. Think he has good hands, marks well and will only get better. His physical attributes means with developing game sense he will be very hard for backmen to counter

Agree - he's had 12 games and shows more ability and smarts than Sandilands at the same stage.
His quick thinking is impressive, his tap between his legs last week and many others including the memorable tap onto a running Blair?, in the Anzac game, shows he is developing a sharp insight into the game.
He has great agility for his size, and far greater than Sandilands.
Also the new third man up rule definitely favours him and I reckon he wins more that 80% of rucking contest he competes in and as our midfield realise this we will capitalise on first use.

Needs to work more on his I50 skills.

For some levity I would love some "Broomisms" before the game starts. I am boring the only one that comes to mind is "Broomy sweeps all before him"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back