Review Cats sink Dockers by 11 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bloody gutsy win. So proud of the boys! Could have even won by more if we kicked straight!
Danger was massive in that last quarter!

Clark from Freo can get stuffed. Whinging flog. That showboating after his early goal was cringe. Banfield was a grub too laying the elbow into Guthries head on the ground.

Anyway great win on the road! 💪😍😛🤙

Good win and the tenancy to keep creating tho opportunities up forward in the last to get the win

And just a quiet **** you to Jordon I hope that gun celebration makes you cringe on the replay so happy he’s not at the club
I’m fine with the gun (not that our players would do that).
It’s the sooking when he it goes against him in the contest, cost them a game earlier this year and he hasn’t learned?

I know there's often discussion around the attitudes of different fan groups, and have to admit I was disappointed by some of the comments coming from Fremantle fans today

I'm not talking about the bitching around umpiring, claims we were getting favorable treatment due to "VicBias" - like seriously, do they not realise how much we are on the negative equation of umpiring across the season

But this was around injured players - I couldn't tell which Geelong player was being tendered to on the bench by the doctors, but they were openly mocking him, comments like "does he have an ouchie", or "he wants his Barbie bandaid" etc

I know it was around the time Tanner went off with his concussion but not sure if there was another player who has a cut or required medical help

Just thought it was in really poor taste - one thing I do pride the Geelong crowd on, even when an opposition player gets hurt or goes off for treatment etc, there's generally a positive acknowledgment for them when they've had to go off with trainers

I've also never heard someone in the Geelong crowd mock an injured opponent

Those Sandgropers can be feral at times... they have no issue slagging off injured opposition players.

I know there's often discussion around the attitudes of different fan groups, and have to admit I was disappointed by some of the comments coming from Fremantle fans today

I'm not talking about the bitching around umpiring, claims we were getting favorable treatment due to "VicBias" - like seriously, do they not realise how much we are on the negative equation of umpiring across the season

But this was around injured players - I couldn't tell which Geelong player was being tendered to on the bench by the doctors, but they were openly mocking him, comments like "does he have an ouchie", or "he wants his Barbie bandaid" etc

I know it was around the time Tanner went off with his concussion but not sure if there was another player who has a cut or required medical help

Just thought it was in really poor taste - one thing I do pride the Geelong crowd on, even when an opposition player gets hurt or goes off for treatment etc, there's generally a positive acknowledgment for them when they've had to go off with trainers

I've also never heard someone in the Geelong crowd mock an injured opponent
Yep- I don’t care how invested you are, stuff like that is just not good enough.

So it sounds as though winning today opens up the door for the Hawks making it.
Maybe we should have 'dropped' that one ;)

Or better yet. A loss to the baggers would be just lovely.

Bloody gutsy win. So proud of the boys! Could have even won by more if we kicked straight!
Danger was massive in that last quarter!

Clark from Freo can get stuffed. Whinging flog. That showboating after his early goal was cringe. Banfield was a grub too laying the elbow into Guthries head on the ground.

Anyway great win on the road! 💪😍😛🤙

I like that Clark's goal celebration was in reference to a guy that came second...

Yes sorry, Ollie. Even from the opening, though he did lay a tackle or two, he’s lacking intensity and awareness when he doesn’t have the ball that will prevent him from being among the games best forwards. If he doesn’t sort it out.
You might want to look at the player that pressures Walker and causes the turnover that gives Mannagh the winning goal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went on a tour this morning before the match and the guide pointed out the different plaques that have been placed along different footpaths through the CBD

I came across the following one and made sure I stopped to take a few photos - maybe it was a good omen

IMG_5949.jpeg

Can't remember the last time I saw so many hospital handpasses wearing blue and white. The pressure was on today. We absolutely stole one, and the kids got to enjoy the fruits of a 4-quarter slog effort. Well done, Cats.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Cats sink Dockers by 11 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back