Preview Changes and Discussion vs Brisvegas

Remove this Banner Ad

Out: Nahas, Petrie, Thomas, Brown
In: Wright, Currie, Brown, Majak

you want Petrie who looked the best he has, Thomas who applies pressure in our fwd 50, and brown who played in his first game and competed and took 5 marks out of the team?

And you want, wright who is average, currie who is injured, brown back in? Pass on whatever you are smoking please :drunk:

A nice moment, LT was pretending to beat up on Turner, who stood toe to toe and looked a lil aggressive... Boomer grabbed LT in a bear hug and told Turner to wack him... All in good fun, but Turner part of the gang.

The future member of The Meat Grinder has entered his initiation phase.

you want Petrie who looked the best he has, Thomas who applies pressure in our fwd 50, and brown who played in his first game and competed and took 5 marks out of the team?

And you want, wright who is average, currie who is injured, brown back in? Pass on whatever you are smoking please :drunk:

Petrie is a liability with his set shots, may as well put in someone who can kick straight. Thomas has been out of sorts.

Also Brown is dropped only to come back in as an emergency.

Did grima train?
If Hansen misses we need narni

I don't think we need Grima for this week. If Hansen is going to miss, best its this week so that he can freshen up for the Hawks, not play off another 6 day break.

It's Brisbane's smalls that will cause us a headache if anything.

Was Wells there? if so did he do anything?

Good questions. One other thing which stood out to me whilst watching that Harps' highlights video was how much we've missed Wellsy. Bon said recently that he'd have to undergo a mini preseason prior to returning so you'd hope he's at least doing something of the sort this week.

So we know Nahas is out.
If there was ever a week to have a KPD crisis with Lachie possibly missing and Narni and Tipps still injured, this is thankfully it. With Jono Brown retiring, the Bears' talls are just Merrett and Close, and anyway their dangerous forwards are the short asses so we don't need a very tall defense.
Would also guess there will be erring on the cautious side with Spitta, avoiding an interstate night match and a raft of 6-day turnarounds and have him right for the Hawks.
Courtesy of PhillyRoos great reports, sounds like clouds over Harper and with Jacobs and Wood coming off niggles, I doubt any of them will be picked. Delaney is not ready, Grima another week at least, Brown will stay in at the expense of Maj, so selection becomes pretty easy, with only a half dozen available players who are currently fit enough to tie up their laces and run out to play.

So.....my 5 cents worth, knowing full well that 5 cents is less than worthless these days....

Out: Nahas (inj), Swallow (rest/inj), Hansen (inj)
In: Wright, Dumont, McMahon

Personally, I still think Sammy Wright is being a bit harshly done by and brings good intensity and footy smarts despite some shortcomings and can replace Robbie Nahas. Scotty McMahon has been doing ok in the VFL from reports and can play tall so would be the logical Loogie stand-in. And Dumont has earned his debut to fill in for the skipper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't like 'Greenwood on the injury table'.

He was probably receiving a rub 'n' tug. Let's face it, given his mind boggling lengthy exile and subsequent performances on return, it's the least he deserves from the club.

If it's this article:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-06-25/roos-bound-to-play

NORTH Melbourne captain Andrew Swallow is expected to be fit to play against the Brisbane Lions this Saturday night, Roos coach Brad Scott says.

Scott also told reporters on Wednesday that forward/ruckman Ben Brown would hold his senior spot after his encouraging debut against Melbourne, while rookie Kayne Turner was getting closer to an AFL debut after his impressive form in the VFL.

Swallow's left knee became twisted in a tackle by Demon Dean Kent late in the Roos' win last Sunday, which was just the sixth match the North skipper had played since returning from a ruptured left Achilles tendon.

Scott admitted his heart had been in his mouth as he watched Swallow limp to the bench, but said his skipper had just suffered swelling around the knee.

"We'll look after him today at training but we expect him to play," Scott said.

"The way he's played over the last five years I've seen that happen pretty regularly with him and he always bounces back – that's why the Achilles was such a shock.

"So we did breathe a sigh of relief when the scans came back all clear."

Forward Majak Daw put his hand up for a senior recall with a best-on-ground performance in Werribee's nine-point win over Geelong's VFL team last Saturday.

But Scott said Brown would play against the Lions after his "terrific" debut, meaning there probably won't be room for Daw in North's attack.

"Majak was terrific in the ruck and won the game for Werribee really in the last quarter, so we'll have to consider the overall mix," Scott said.

"But the talls did well on the weekend, so it's going to be hard to change."

North will need to replace injured small forward Robin Nahas (shoulder) against the Lions.

Scott said Kieran Harper and Turner would be considered as replacements, while Taylor Garner (hamstring), who is yet to play a game at any level since North's NAB Cup loss to Hawthorn in February, would be another ideal replacement after he makes his imminent return.

But Scott suggested Harper, who has not played a senior game since round three last season, had not yet done enough at VFL level to force his way back into North's team.

"He's shown real glimpses in the VFL, but we'd like to see him put that together for a whole game before we bring him in," Scott said.

"We certainly need him and we need him back playing his best, so we'll look for a bit better form in the VFL before we bring him into the AFL side."

Scott also paid tribute to the professionalism of injured key forward Robbie Tarrant, who is facing another lengthy stint on the sidelines with a stress reaction in his tibia.

Tarrant played his first senior game this year in round 13 against the Crows, but withdrew from last Sunday's game against Melbourne and is now considering whether to have season-ending surgery.

"We talk about players like Brent Harvey who are so resilient and I often talk about his professionalism and his dedication, well, Robbie Tarrant is as professional and dedicated as just about any player I've seen, but he's had a horrible run of luck," Scott said.

"It's hard to keep giving him the message to just persist and persist and things will turn around for you because every time they seem to turn they take a turn for the worse.

"It's frustrating for him, I feel for him, the whole club is behind him and we wish him a speedy recovery."

Then it's a little vague.

There would be 15 blokes in our side that are managing niggles of some description.

There would be 15 blokes in most sides managing niggles of some description.
Yep, realize that and slightly melodramatic. The 'oh shit' is more a reaction to him being the one we currently least need to have a niggle.

Max Warren to debut.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes and Discussion vs Brisvegas

Remove this Banner Ad

Back