• In: Trengove

Votes: 97 51.3%
  • Unchanged

Votes: 44 23.3%
  • In: Austin

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Im backing the kids in on this one, let's see what they've got when the heats on.
Assess them on the Sunday morning after we compose ourselves.

I would only make one change and that would be to bring in Jacko for one of the flankers. Back the kids in as Marshall provides support to Dixon, Howard provides excellent flexibility especially if Jacko does come back into the team and Johnson, Bonner and to a lesser extent Houston, Neade, Amon, SPP & DBJ can all play very important roles that keeps the side balanced.

Looking at the 2013 Elimination side there were many young players; a first year Wines & Colquhoun, a still young Pittard, Young & Moore as well as second year Wingard and don't forget Lobbe in ruck.

Apologies, that I have picked up.

But Ken anxious to get him into the team early in the season! That is what I don't believe.
Hinkley stated as much in a recent interview .. 'Would have played him earlier, but some personal (non-footy) issues prevented him. All clear now, so he got a game.' Why would Ken state it in public if it wasnt true?

Bonner for Austin I hate to say it but with wce fwd line we can't go in small

I've got a man-boner for Austin, but he was miles off it when he came in this season.

If - if - we're reaching for extra height down back it has to be Trengove.

This is not the news Power fans want before the finals series...

Speaking on Triple M Adelaide this morning, Mark Ricciuto dropped the mail he had received that a Port Adelaide player has gone in for season ending hip surgery.

“My mail is…Jack Hombsch flew interstate to either have an operation or to inquire about an operation on his hip," Roo said on Triple M.

“He may not playing for the rest of the year.”
Key defender undergoes hip surgery

Edit: As posted by awesomedal14 in the injury update thread last night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jacko's best game this season, and by a country kilometre was in round 16 against the toast in Perth, and assuming he plays ok for the Maggies this weekend I expect he will get a call up.

Re Lienert, there is no doubt he is a magnificent kick of the footy, not sure how he would go in the more physical environment of AFL though, as he is probably more a wingman type at that level than he is a defender, and I suspect he has been upgraded as insurance only.

Hombsch out for the season with a hip. Guess Trengove gets his spot?

With Jonas out, I have a feeling Jacko might play down back. He could play on Petrie. Clurey on Kennedy. Doogs on Darling.

Agree. I think those are actually pretty decent match-ups. I reckon Jacko can beat Petrie and Clurey can go with Kennedy up the ground as he has good endurance and Doogs has the athleticism and burst pace to match Darling.

A forward line of Petrie, Darling and Kennedy demands we play another tall. Thought both Petrie and particularly Darling were good last week. They also have good size in the backline which has killed us every game at AO.

No Hombsch. No Jonas.

It has to be Jackson in defence.
If Jackson played down back this weekend it'll give us an indication in where or if Ken wants him in against West Coast.

have to play another tall down back! trengove to be the man, and when / if petrie goes to the ruck follow him and ryder up forward etc.
one of the flankers, bonner out.

wouldnt be against archee for johnson and just stick him up forward

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes for Elimination Final v WCE

Back