Changes for round 17 v Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Well in terms of repeated running efforts, I think Roberton is second to none ... didn't he come down and smash everyone in the middle/long distance running before he'd even done a proper pre-season?

I would like to see them play Roberton on Murphy if Murphy plays forward ... seems like a good matchup to me.

I would like to see them play Roberton on Murphy if Murphy plays forward ... seems like a good matchup to me.

Robbo would most likely destroy Murphy in the air, but jeez, Murphy has picked up a lot of tricks over the years and could slice him up quick.

Maybe short stints for the experience, but I'd rather someone like Rog, Broughton or Duff pick him up for the majority of the game.

Roberton is all good I reckon.
He'll have a role, and I'm sure our coaching staff will give him a good one that he won't be out of his comfort zone.
I'd back our coaching staff myself, they've won 6 games we were underdogs in so far!
icon12.gif

Not wanting to argue semantics but I wouldn't say time trials are the best measure of athleticism. He hasn't got the agility of hilly, the vertical of macca or the explosiveness of mora. In saying that, he hasn't looked out of place and I'm fine with him in the side. You'd expect he'd be out of the team come finals time though.

Robbo would most likely destroy Murphy in the air, but jeez, Murphy has picked up a lot of tricks over the years and could slice him up quick.

Maybe short stints for the experience, but I'd rather someone like Rog, Broughton or Duff pick him up for the majority of the game.

Yeah, probably be a rotation of Broughton/Duff/Ibbo/Roger/Roberton to cover Johnson/Murphy/Gia/Higgins.

But I like the matchup for Roberton vs Murphy, athletically-wise. Murphy would kill Roger in the air and for speed off the mark, probably cover too much ground for Broughton's fitness levels. I'd give Roberton a crack and if it doesn't work, then make a change.

Don't even know if Murphy will play forward ... last Dogs game I watched he was roaming around half-back.

Real shame to read that Silvagni is out with injury, only posted last week that it was good to have him back and looking settled. I guess he's one of those young players Harvey was talking about needing to be managed for the rest of the season.

An in form Suban would be a big in but I'd rather he got another week in the wafl and if he looks good bring him in for the derby. It's probably an easier game then the dogs in Melbourne and I reckon he's played enough football to be fine coming back in to the derby atmosphere. Hedland would be the other player I'd consider but whoever misses out we lose on forward pressure/defence which is going to be important against the dogs so just one change for me.

In: Grover Out: Silvagni

IN: Tarrant or Grover, Suban or Pearce
OUT: Snos, Crowley

Suban or Pearce because both those guys held their feet at Docklands v Richmond (Suban impressively with a hard running turn out of defence).

I saw Roberton & Clarke driving along Leach Hwy yesterday near the Freo golf club, I wound the window down at the stop lights and he said his ankle is fine.

I felt a bit embarrassed not having something to say to Zac (just for his confidence).

I just googled for shipwreck images.
I've been attempting, as an artistic aside to chart the course of our season through my avatar matched with quotes from The Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner by Colleridge.
The Shipwreck and the quote represent Barlow breaking his leg. I wan't sufficiently moved by our unconvincing win last week to chart another leg in the voyage. See how this week goes.

I just googled for shipwreck images.
I've been attempting, as an artistic aside to chart the course of our season through my avatar matched with quotes from The Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner by Colleridge.
The Shipwreck and the quote represent Barlow breaking his leg. I wan't sufficiently moved by our unconvincing win last week to chart another leg in the voyage. See how this week goes.

Let's hope the rd 22 is not a picture of the Marie Celeste :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes for round 17 v Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back