Prediction Changes for Round 5 vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we afford to use 2 tall guys in ruck like we did with Vardy/Lycett? Or willwe be too big?

Dont mind Dixon (rest up fwd)/Williams

I think that has to be the conversation for the future (probably not this week - it really is a Williams v Strnadica battle this week).

When Oscar comes back he pushes Dixon out (unless Dixon is #1 ruck, but that seems unlikely). So we really need a ruck who can play 90%+ time on ground as a #1 ruck.

Obviously that may not be within the realm on current fitness of either Williams or Strnadica - but to me it tips the balance in favor of Strnadica as he seems to be talked about more as a #1 ruck type who is handy forward than as a forward who can pinch-hit.

I think with Williams it is primarily above the shoulders where he struggles.

He has the athleticism and can tap well but doesn’t seem to believe he belongs at the level. He mistimes most jumps in the ruck and gets bullied off the ball too much for a guy of his size.

We should tell him the job is his until Naitanui is back and see how he responds. If he gets that run at it now and doesn’t prove that he can cut the mustard, then it’s probably time to move on afterwards.

His best is very good, feel a run of games and confidence will pay off if not this year in the next 1-2 years. Also I think NN will become Rick coach like in 2018. Hopefully we see him jump at the ball again, seems to engage the man too much. Needs to play to his strengths

I think that's shortsighted. Strndica is not the long term answer, so what are we achieving by giving him games before we know whether Williams is up to it? At worst, we learn that Williams is not up to it and we move on from that delusion. At best, he flourishes and we get something positive out of the NN injury.

Forked if I know.

If (and I have no idea on this) Williams and Dixon are fwd/rucks and Strnadica is a #1 ruck, then at 24 he potentially is the long-term-answer unless Jamieson comes on significantly.

He's not a 30yo washed up former ruckman who has had injury issues etc - he's still quite young in relation to AFL rucks. He may not make it, but his age profile is about right to be a potential future #1 ruck.

I think that's shortsighted. Strndica is not the long term answer, so what are we achieving by giving him games before we know whether Williams is up to it? At worst, we learn that Williams is not up to it and we move on from that delusion. At best, he flourishes and we get something positive out of the NN injury.

Forked if I know.
Strnadica could be a long term option, he’s only 24.

I rate his tapwork, kicking and marking all above BB Bailey.

He just needs to be given a chance.

Jamie Cripps?

#credits

How would he know who's going to play? They may be available but how does he know who's going to be selected? Cripps surely wont be selected because he would need to replace one of Jones or Langdon and neither should be dropped. SPS also who would he replace? In an ideal world Redden goes out IMO but can't afford that currently with underdone players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tend to agree with that will be the decision made. Stupid with Xon and West having their best games in blue and gold. Cripps needs a WAFL week surely! He hasn't played all year.
West had his best game? His disposal was very poor. Yeo can play the same role as West but have much better disposal.

Cripps is just about the only player that can get away with coming straight back in. He will likely be fumbly however he will provide much more pressure as a forward than our other options and is the second strongest runner on the list behind Gaff. I'm not saying I agree with him coming straight back in as I don't but I can see how and why it would happen.

Cripps? Surely not, still some weeks away isnt he?
If he does come in I imagine it would be for Waterman- he has been trying to play the Cripps role and was one of the quitest out there against Pies. Would hate to see it but, Cripps comes back with more rust than a beach Cruiser, could use at least 2 weeks WAFL IMO.
SPS- I would have him back in but who for? Seems very harsh given his excellent outing last week but Langdon is the most likely choice.
Shuey for Edwards.
Yeo- probably for West. Id prefer to see him come in for Hough and Shuey slots back to give us some run from the back line but cant see this happening.
Kelly- WAFL please.
Willo in for NN.

So another 4 to 6 changes- bloody hell. :(

Isn't he only 23 years old? If he is better than Bailey he could potentially be a ten-year player for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back