Preview Changes for The Prelim

Remove this Banner Ad

Just had a look on Melbourne page and a few Dockers absolute flogs saying go dees, beat us and half Perth going from them etc. Hope Neale leaves and they finish last next year and the AFL decided to relegate them into the wafl.
Wouldn't be surprised if some Dockers fans try to buy tickets to the game just so they can barrack against us. September is a pretty dull time for Docker supporters.

I am so happy we are playing a form team with no injuries. If you asked me start of the season to play the form team of the comp in Perth for a place in GF I would take it in a heartbeat.No game is easy now days specially if its Prelim so home advantage is a key. I would not count any team out for a flag so I will give Melbourne the credit they deserve. probably give them all an even chance maybe tigers around 40% fav from now on( MCG factor and premiers, that's all. ). It is rude and immature to count Eagles out for this game. For starters we were more consistent than Melbourne( Hence the ladder position), and we are no pushover anywhere in the country .They are coming to Perth to face the music,Collingwood weren't unlucky, they were just not good enough, there is a difference. Melbourne could potentially face a 10+ goal belting by Eagles. Although I would prefer a nail biter( like 14 points) so we get in GF underrated and save our best game of finals for GF. I can see us playing some game in GF.

I am so happy we are playing a form team with no injuries. If you asked me start of the season to play the form team of the comp in Perth for a place in GF I would take it in a heartbeat.No game is easy now days specially if its Prelim so home advantage is a key. I would not count any team out for a flag so I will give Melbourne the credit they deserve. probably give them all an even chance maybe tigers around 40% fav from now on( MCG factor and premiers, that's all. ). It is rude and immature to count Eagles out for this game. For starters we were more consistent than Melbourne( Hence the ladder position), and we are no pushover anywhere in the country .They are coming to Perth to face the music,Collingwood weren't unlucky, they were just not good enough, there is a difference. Melbourne could potentially face a 10+ goal belting by Eagles. Although I would prefer a nail biter( like 14 points) so we get in GF underrated and save our best game of finals for GF. I can see us playing some game in GF.
To be fair Lever and Hogan are out (Bernie Vince questionable b22). But our injuries are more critical for sure

Would love to see Franky Watson get a game as a like for like. Can't see them taking the risk though as hes a brain fade machine at times and might take too long to adjust to AFL pace. His attack on the ball, pace and agility has always really impressed me and he plays a style of footy made for finals. Just worried we will lose too much pace with Schoey and Melbourne have some awkward sized nippy forwards who could torch Schoey for agility and pace imo.

Would love to see Franky Watson get a game as a like for like. Can't see them taking the risk though as hes a brain fade machine at times and might take too long to adjust to AFL pace. His attack on the ball, pace and agility has always really impressed me and he plays a style of footy made for finals. Just worried we will lose too much pace with Schoey and Melbourne have some awkward sized nippy forwards who could torch Schoey for agility and pace imo.
Surely Nelson is ahead of Franky. Has experience, not as immune to brain farts and is physically capable of going with the dees midsize forwards.

melb supporter here. Will be tough for us to beat you guys with Kennedy and Darling back (from the last time we played you). Our defence is our weak link, especially with no Lever, and O.Mcdonald playing on either kennedy or Darling scare me. I think our midfield will probably win the battle with Gawn, Oliver, Viney and Harmes quelling Shuey but we'll need to kick accurately to win. If history repeats itself the home ground advantage and historical umpiring advantage may be the difference in the end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

melb supporter here. Will be tough for us to beat you guys with Kennedy and Darling back (from the last time we played you). Our defence is our weak link, especially with no Lever, and O.Mcdonald playing on either kennedy or Darling scare me. I think our midfield will probably win the battle with Gawn, Oliver, Viney and Harmes quelling Shuey but we'll need to kick accurately to win. If history repeats itself the home ground advantage and historical umpiring advantage may be the difference in the end.
You are dreaming of getting the same umpire in to give you another 26 points start?
Melbourne‘s 4 games winning streak will end this Saturday. Unfortunately the superstitious 168 might work well for you but not for the Demon in 2018.

You will win the midfield battle. The big question is by how much and at what efficiency?? If we break even in middle you guys are done. I think it comes down to kicking efficiency at the end. Chaos style of footy suits our back line players specially Gov and Barrass who read the game better than most players out there. Also, I am expecting a massive upset in Lycett and Vardy shutting down or matching Gawn's influence.I cannot wait for both games actually. I live in Melbourne and I can tell you Friday night will be one of the biggest games we have seen in this city for some time.

Funny how ppl forget how good Lycett has been this year for us after so called few avg games. You don't even know what a good day for a ruckmen even means. It's like GK in football. If you concede a goal ppl will remember you for that and forget about all the saves and positioning you have done for so many games. Lycett will walk into almost any AFL team right now as No.1 ruck.. Lycett does a lot of things better than Nic nat and complements him. If we had Nic we had x factor, that's all.I am expecting the big fella to have a massive game.

Out: Shep, Venables
In: Schofield, Ah Chee

Schoey the natural replacement for Shep. Just feel we need another big, hard body for the clinches and highly contested game Melbourne bring so Ah Chee gets the nod over Venables just. Venables unlucky as I don’t think has been as bad as some say. Think he does the team things well (chase, pressure, tackle (7 last game!)) but expect Ah Chee to do the same and find the ball a little better.

It’s a pity Ah Chee didn’t continue playing as well as he did in his first game against GWS.

21 touches, 5 tackles. Would be handy if he could produce that again, but too risky to bring him in without a good run

Yes, it’s a shame Ah Chee copped that injury on the eve of the season, seemed to derail his season from that point on. Has shown a bit and I hope he gets a good run at it next season, think he has something to offer! Wouldn’t be bringing him in at this point unless through injury. Schofield in for Shep should be the only change.

Yes, it’s a shame Ah Chee copped that injury on the eve of the season, seemed to derail his season from that point on. Has shown a bit and I hope he gets a good run at it next season, think he has something to offer! Wouldn’t be bringing him in at this point unless through injury. Schofield in for Shep should be the only change.
Well if Lecras retires this year the Ah chee can get his spot, work his way to the midfield and maybe even gut. I like the way he goes about his footy when he is On. I have seen a lot of Yeo in him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes for The Prelim

Remove this Banner Ad

Back