Preview Changes for The Prelim

Remove this Banner Ad

It is crazy how much Melbourne are being pumped up but i guess everyone wants them to be the WB of 2016.

Everyone loves a fairytale and because they have been in the wilderness for so long all the impartial are hoping they win it. I hope we spoil that wankfest and smash em.

West Coast Eagles‏Verified account @WestCoastEagles 4m4 minutes ago
Josh Kennedy is chatting to the media at Optus Stadium now

West Coast Eagles‏Verified account @WestCoastEagles 4m4 minutes ago
"The gane was pretty quick. You try and get the training in, but you can't really mimic a game. I missed a few marks early but worked into the game"

West Coast Eagles‏Verified account @WestCoastEagles 3m3 minutes ago
"I feel pretty good. We had a big session Friday and we'll have a run around today. We are just excited to play on Saturday"

West Coast Eagles‏Verified account @WestCoastEagles 3m3 minutes ago
"Melbourne is a fantastic football side. Their back six functions really well. It's going to be a massive challenge for us"

West Coast Eagles‏Verified account @WestCoastEagles 2m2 minutes ago
"We always talk to the group. We had some young players play in the first final and they performed really well in front of 60,000 people." - JK on mentoring young Eagles

West Coast Eagles‏Verified account @WestCoastEagles 36s36 seconds ago
"Willie Rioli, Liam Ryan and Dan Venables have added a fair bit of speed to our forward line. Hopefully Jack Darling and I can bring it to ground and get them involved at ground level"

West Coast Eagles‏Verified account @WestCoastEagles 1m1 minute ago
"They jumped us and had us 0-26 in the first quarter. I think we got the lead back in the third quarter. The start this week will be really important." - JK on last encounter with Dees

West Coast Eagles‏Verified account @WestCoastEagles 14s15 seconds ago
"I just got a knee in that Sydney game and got a couple more knocks. But now it's all healed and I've been pain free the last two weeks." - JK on previous leg injury

West Coast Eagles‏Verified account @WestCoastEagles 1m1 minute ago
"At Subi, a couple of those big finals we had still ring in your ear but it was a great atmosphere here last week. I'm sure our crowd will be up and about on Saturday."

I reckon when Gawn drops back to fill a hole, it's incumbent on one of our big
backs to really make him earnt it.

Just smash into him from behind with knees and elbows whilst spoiling.

Gawn has been helping out in defence more than going forward but I agree with the sentiment. Make him earn everything. Melbourne will be doing the same to us so we can't afford to concede anything in the physicality stakes.

It is crazy how much Melbourne are being pumped up but i guess everyone wants them to be the WB of 2016.

I think it's also because melbourne have a better shot against the tigers than WCE. Nothing against you guys but interstate teams don't rock up in grand finals and history in recent times show that. Adelaide disgraceful last year against the tigers, Bulldogs beating sydney, Wce losing to Hawks in 2015. It's going to be an absolute snore fest if you guys make it and Richmond are meeting you there.

I think it's also because melbourne have a better shot against the tigers than WCE. Nothing against you guys but interstate teams don't rock up in grand finals and history in recent times show that. Adelaide disgraceful last year against the tigers, Bulldogs beating sydney, Wce losing to Hawks in 2015. It's going to be an absolute snore fest if you guys make it and Richmond are meeting you there.

All more reason to play at a neutral ground. Flying interstate is difficult and more so on GF day but its been rigged until the middle of the century so enjoy it.

Do you think it is going to be worse than this?

B0026B49-6679-41CB-8376-B93F614F7EF6.png

There’s a plan underway in Victoria for Melbourne fans who can’t travel to the Preliminary Final against West Coast, to still book their seats at Optus Stadium and leave them empty.

The ‘plot’ has been hatched by Demons fans, and is designed to disrupt the home town advantage for the Eagles.

Mornings with Gareth Parker found it’s not the only disruptor being worked on to help the travelling side..plus some fighting words from Optus Stadium CEO, Mike McKenna.

Listen to Neil Mitchell’s idea here.

https://www.6pr.com.au/podcast/melbourne-plot-against-west-coast/

Wow....

Fremantle fans disguised as Melbourne fans & melbourne fans booking tickets but not turning up..

Sound scared to me haha

There’s a plan underway in Victoria for Melbourne fans who can’t travel to the Preliminary Final against West Coast, to still book their seats at Optus Stadium and leave them empty.

The ‘plot’ has been hatched by Demons fans, and is designed to disrupt the home town advantage for the Eagles.

Mornings with Gareth Parker found it’s not the only disruptor being worked on to help the travelling side..plus some fighting words from Optus Stadium CEO, Mike McKenna.

Wow....

Fremantle fans disguised as Melbourne fans & melbourne fans booking tickets but not turning up..

Sound scared to me haha

Lol 10 people aren't going to make a difference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has also mentioned how they have spoken to Ch7 to allow footage from live from melbourne with their fans chanting to be showed on the big screens at optus stadium....and ch 7 like the idea!!

That is absolutely ridiculous.

He has also mentioned how they have spoken to Ch7 to allow footage from live from melbourne with their fans chanting to be showed on the big screens at optus stadium....and ch 7 like the idea!!
What an absolute crock of shit.

Yet interstate clubs are constantly mocked by all and sundry if they lose a couple of games in Melbourne.

Suddenly it’s all hands on deck to help the poor Melbourne sides and their poor supporters as they deal with the epic hardship of having to travel to play a prelim against the side that finished 2nd

Basil will probably be the host live from Melb

That being said - channel 7 don't control the big screens at optus do they? It is all done internally as replays are few and far between on the screens.

Plus anything contentious they NEVER replay on the big screen - presumably so as not to piss off the crowd. No way would they do this there would be a riot

Basil will probably be the host live from Melb

That being said - channel 7 don't control the big screens at optus do they? It is all done internally as replays are few and far between on the screens.

Plus anything contentious they NEVER replay on the big screen - presumably so as not to piss off the crowd. No way would they do this there would be a riot
ive noticed that too … its almost like censorship … FFS because we cant be trusted apparently

Vics are scared. Funny thing is they don’t realise the more shit they pull the louder our crowd gets. They’re just stoking the fire with their “booing everything” and “worst fans in the league” calls. If that big screen thing goes through it’ll be a joke.. we have home final, to bad if the crowd is too loud for you you soft*****. Guaranteed if roles were reversed you wouldn’t hear a peep about the crowd.

I assume by your use of the past tense that you have killed them?
Was going with one of them and was expecting him to get the tickets but he got tickets from another mate (also a freo fan). I’m at work and there’s now no way I’m gonna be able to get tickets at 2

Wow....

Sound scared to me haha
That just screams fear. Lmao.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes for The Prelim

Remove this Banner Ad

Back