Preview Changes for The Prelim

Remove this Banner Ad

melb supporter here. Will be tough for us to beat you guys with Kennedy and Darling back (from the last time we played you). Our defence is our weak link, especially with no Lever, and O.Mcdonald playing on either kennedy or Darling scare me. I think our midfield will probably win the battle with Gawn, Oliver, Viney and Harmes quelling Shuey but we'll need to kick accurately to win. If history repeats itself the home ground advantage and historical umpiring advantage may be the difference in the end.

Good luck on the weekend.
Ive forgotten how much the finals take a toll on ur mental health. Feels good though.

Hope its a great game without an shit soft umpiring
Whoever wins on Sat, I hope we/you can take down Richmond in the grannie.

Well if Lecras retires this year the Ah chee can get his spot, work his way to the midfield and maybe even gut. I like the way he goes about his footy when he is On. I have seen a lot of Yeo in him.

Yes, I agree, I think he has the potential to be a Half Forward pushing into the midfield to start with. He is strong overhead and has good skills. I am sure he will get another contract.

Well if Lecras retires this year the Ah chee can get his spot, work his way to the midfield and maybe even gut. I like the way he goes about his footy when he is On. I have seen a lot of Yeo in him.
Ah Chee is definitely a good player that a lot of us (including myself) think he will play many games for us in the future. However, Finals are all about getting the best team to win and not about retirement nor future development!

Scott Cummings did mention on today‘s Footy WA about:
1. Lycett should give Gawn some physical hits to limit his impact as Gawn is tall but not as strong.
2. Melbourne like to pressure the opposition but not good in receiving pressure and suggested WCE should pressure Melbourne hard.

Don't often agree with Cummings, but do strongly agree with this.

Gawn is the absolute key to this match. If he gets a free ride like he did in Round 22, then things will get very difficult for us.

In my opinion there are only two reasons why a team would ever play two rucks:
  1. having an elite stoppage ruckman that is unable to endure the entire match and thus requires backup (i.e. Naitanui effect)
  2. if you are opposing an elite ruckman and you want to work them over.

Playing two rucks is deliberately depriving yourself of a rotation that can be used through the midfield, so you want to make sure the return you get is worthwhile. The advantage is you can be brutal at the stoppages with your pairing, as collectively they will be more resilient than their singular opponent.

Every. Single. Stoppage. Should be knees up, making hard contact. Make him suck it in; make him hurt; make him second-guess when he going for the ball.

That is what having two genuine rucks can do for us. It provides the freedom to have a wrecking ball out there. We need to use it.

I want to see Lycett jumping early at the opening bounce and not even care about the ball, just mercilessly flatten Gawn and give the free away - setting the tone for how it is going to be for the rest of the match. We should be making this the hardest match of his life.

This is a Preliminary Final. I want a win and I want blood.

History forgets the nice team that lost.

Don't often agree with Cummings, but do strongly agree with this.

Gawn is the absolute key to this match. If he gets a free ride like he did in Round 22, then things will get very difficult for us.

In my opinion there are only two reasons why a team would ever play two rucks:
  1. having an elite stoppage ruckman that is unable to endure the entire match and thus requires backup (i.e. Naitanui effect)
  2. if you are opposing an elite ruckman and you want to work them over.

Playing two rucks is deliberately depriving yourself of a rotation that can be used through the midfield, so you want to make sure the return you get is worthwhile. The advantage is you can be brutal at the stoppages with your pairing, as collectively they will be more resilient than their singular opponent.

Every. Single. Stoppage. Should be knees up, making hard contact. Make him suck it in; make him hurt; make him second-guess when he going for the ball.

That is what having two genuine rucks can do for us. It provides the freedom to have a wrecking ball out there. We need to use it.

I want to see Lycett jumping early at the opening bounce and not even care about the ball, just mercilessly flatten Gawn and give the free away - setting the tone for how it is going to be for the rest of the match. We should be making this the hardest match of his life.

A very passionate Eagles fan!!

Ah Chee just had to follow on from his Port game but it’s hard to do that when you get chucked into defence the following game. He would have been a nice addition to the middle when one of our main mids is not on. Actually he would be suited for the role lecra plays atm.

Its gonna be a ****ing long week. I hope we win. Im scared. I just want this over with. I hope we are switched on early. I hope we dont have any more injuries. We deserve this.

Go Eagles

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Its gonna be a ****ing long week. I hope we win. Im scared. I just want this over with. I hope we are switched on early. I hope we dont have any more injuries. We deserve this.

Go Eagles

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
FFS Cuzz09 was one of the most arrogant campaigners to ever play for us
Time to live up to your username :westcoast:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm feeling pretty confident based on:

-playing them with Kennedy (after blowing out some cobwebs against the pies) and Darling (concussed and missed basically the whole game)
-We were a man down the last time we played them
-No Ah chee in the backline and Gov back where he should be.
-Melbourne have defeated two poor finals teams that doesnt truly reflect how good/bad they are.
-Their contested ball stats were poor against Hawthorn and this was without O'meara and a struggling Mitchell.
-Melbourne struggle with the kick and mark game style as they rely on doing their best to create 'chaos' (btw I hate how this term is being used every time they play) If our kicking is on, they will be soundly defeated.
-They would be worn down after playing a pretty bruising encounter.
-7 Media claiming them as the next Richmond/fairytale nonsense with all their tips in favour of Melbourne. Puts us under completely the radar.

On a side note I don't think there could be a more satisfying non-grand final win, the Vic media would be absolutely devastated.

Tom Morris and Sam McClure's reactions will be priceless. Can't wait to see their smug faces at the end of the game.

Please give the Dees a hiding just to shut these 2 private school flogs the **** up.

Eagles by 4 goals.

I like this kkuunt

It will be super hot and ferocious early, that will be their best chance of getting a quick 3-4 goal break on us like last time and trying to go goal-for-goal for the rest of the game. We need to fire a few early shots, or at least break even during the first 10 minutes. I am confident that when it quietens down and flows like a 'normal' game we will dominate around the ground. We need to be switched on early like the QF.

Been a WCE supporter since day one ( still watch every game) but living in Sydney I decided to support a local team wish the Eagles best of luck and hope they can smash those pricks in Melbourne,had to turn off SEN because they were masturbating themselves talking about the Demons,Demons its my 70th birthday Friday and what a present if the WCE wins :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes for The Prelim

Remove this Banner Ad

Back