Preview Changes & Preview Thread for QF2, 2024 vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I feel like we’re going to get too cute with selection again. The only changes that should be required to the personnel and structure that played the last five games was to replace Houston with Burton and Farrell with Sinn. Moving DBJ back, replacing him forward with Marshall and replacing Evans/Narkle forward with McEntee is unnecessary bullshit.
I like the idea of Sinn, but he's been given chances and hasn't impressed, so it feels too risky to trust him in such an important game. It's DBJ to backlines for me. Also dreading thought of McEntee on Stewart again. It worked last time as a surprise tactic but surely Geelong will be ready to punish McEntee if we go down that path again (his lack of height and the potential for umpires to pay off the ball frees, worry me). I suppose McEntee will play but just for something different, why doesn't he kick some goals and be more of an attacking threat. (haha).

I think selection will be safe / predictable - Geelong might be the ones rolling the dice. Sub choice might be interesting (yawn) - will Marshall get the gig? Other contenders include F Evans if not promoted to 22. Maybe Sinn or Williams? Personally Narkle is probably best choice - has shown he can impact games late.

Hinkley should learn from his previous mistakes. Keep the same structure and replace the players not the structure.

Esava stays forward.

DBJ stays forward.

If Marshall comes in it’s for a field position at which he can likely perform that role better than the current player.

Replace Farrell with a player. Sinn, Williams.

Be flexible during the game if needed to swap players in position to take advantage of the game at the time.

I would definitely bring Sinn in for Farrell, it gives us more flexibility leaving DBJ forward.
Speed in the back line is so valuable, he hasn’t set the world of fire but give him a crack.
Selecting him won’t be the difference in winning and losing, might be a good move for the rest of the finals series

ITS GONNA GET CHEEEEEEEESEY

Geelong defenders are gonna be so sticky they won't be able to move more than two steps without the mac dawg cheeseman on them like glue
I have a feeling Stewart will be bog if Cheeseman goes to him again. Ken won't make the change for 3 quarters and the damage will be done.
Welcome to Hinkley finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's no secret that the in-game changes this year haven't been Hinkley's making. I can't see the coaching group letting ken 'stay the course' in the face of another humiliating finals campaign.

I have a feeling Stewart will be bog if Cheeseman goes to him again. Ken won't make the change for 3 quarters and the damage will be done.
Welcome to Hinkley finals.
I have a feeling if McEntee goes to him again he will give away free after free.

Scott will have spoken to the umpires and they will be on the look out for any infringement.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back