Preview Changes & Preview Thread for Round 24, 2024 vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon they'll rest Dixon as naming both Lord & Dante in the extended squad seems odd otherwise, not happy with Narkle getting flicked regardless of 'he needs a full run' bollocks.

You can when your club plays a 3 KPF setup and you're in the top 3 KPFs in both quality and form.

Ratugolea could have made that 3rd KPF position his own, but he hasn't. He's just played in line with his previous time as a KPF at Geelong, clearly below what Marshall has done even this season where he's been below par. Lord hasn't done anything to suggest he's better than Marshall. Burton certainly didn't.

1. His form this year is terrible
2. He's an actual liability due to his concussion history. This isn't even debatable.

If you're actually comfortable with this guy in the lineup approaching finals when taking his vulnerability into account then I don't know what to say anymore.

Guys, guys, seriously in general terms El Scorcho is a good poster and I enjoy his contributions but when it comes to Marshall he has a jihad like devotion to the guy

It’s not worth it let him go

I'm simply advocating for standards to be applied equally. You can want more from Marshall, I sure do. But people calling for him to be dropped and delisted aren't presenting viable alternatives.

You could argue we need more presence physicality if we had a less physically imposing forward line, I know I made arguments like that supporting the selection of Butcher, but we already have Dixon to play the bollard target man role. We don't need 2 of them and Dixon is relatively effective doing it. And when I was calling for Butcher's selection we were playing a 192cm warrior in Schulz and a tall flanker in Westhoff, we were crying out for a physical presence.

I'm a Narkle fan but it's hard to defend 4 touches in a half of football.
Of course, McEntee is a binfire - not excusing his selection at all.
I counter that with it’s hard to defend recalling a player who’s played 12 games only to average 7 point something disposals a match.

Last edited:
1. His form this year is terrible
2. He's an actual liability due to his concussion history. This isn't even debatable.

If you're actually comfortable with this guy in the lineup approaching finals when taking his vulnerability into account then I don't know what to say anymore.

His form this year as a key forward is better than Ratugolea. Better than Lord. Better than McEntee would would be the next small in. Clearly so in all 3 cases.

If the doctors say he's not good to go, then he's not good to go and shouldn't be selected. But if he's fit, it's not worth selecting a clearly inferior forward ahead of him. He had more touches, marks and score involvements in a quarter against Melbourne than Ratugolea did in the entire game against Adelaide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His form this year as a key forward is better than Ratugolea. Better than Lord. Better than McEntee would would be the next small in. Clearly so in all 3 cases.

If the doctors say he's not good to go, then he's not good to go and shouldn't be selected. But if he's fit, it's not worth selecting a clearly inferior forward ahead of him. He had more touches, marks and score involvements in a quarter against Melbourne than Ratugolea did in the entire game against Adelaide.

He was fit the other week before a completely innocuous looking touch sent him off the ground permanently.
It's a risk no matter what the doctor says at the time.

I reckon they'll rest Dixon as naming both Lord & Dante in the extended squad seems odd otherwise, not happy with Narkle getting flicked regardless of 'he needs a full run' bollocks.

He needs a full run

You can when your club plays a 3 KPF setup and you're in the top 3 KPFs in both quality and form.

Marshall's last 7 games:

R23 - 8 disposals, 0 goals (subbed at half time)
R19 - 0 disposals, 0 goals (subbed half way through second quarter)
R18 - 15 disposals, 0 goals
R17 - 7 disposals, 0 goals (subbed half way through third quarter)
R16 - 9 disposals, 1 goal
R15 - 8 disposals, 1 goal
R13 - 6 disposals, 1 goal

You don’t change what’s working and jhf should be no where near the backline when he’s so important mid or forward

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He went back against Melbourne?

If there’s a two goal run on send him back, if we’re ontop go forward

He went back against Melbourne?

If there’s a two goal run on send him back, if we’re ontop go forward

He didn't exactly go back as in a position down back. He played a floating role which others do sometimes. It worked. Guess he has the licence to do so. His position was probably deep forward but floated around the field whilst his opponent defender stayed in port's forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back