Preview Changes & Preview Thread for Round 24, 2024 vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geelong can still jump us if they have a big enough win, and we lose big enough.
And they're playing West Coast at the Cattery. I think I read somewhere they need to win by 22 goals to jump us. But that's genuinely not out of the question.

Can Marshall play back, he is a good field kick.

No Way GIF

And they're playing West Coast at the Cattery. I think I read somewhere they need to win by 22 goals to jump us. But that's genuinely not out of the question.

Would playing Geelong on the wide open spaces of the MCG even be a bad outcome for us? They could also do enough to jump GWS on percentage but still be behind us meaning we get them at home just like 2020 and 2021. Not a terrible outcome either way.

If Marshall is fit, I'd think we'd just play him forward and Ratugolea back into defence.

Parking all the discussion about whether Marshall is actually any good, I don't think you can carry a player who gets concussed so regularly from minimal contact at this part of the season. There's too big a risk that he leaves us a man down early in a final and you just can't go there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah its not that bad. a 2-3 goals loss by us over there and they need to win by about 80 odd. Definitely doable.

Parking all the discussion about whether Marshall is actually any good, I don't think you can carry a player who gets concussed so regularly from minimal contact at this part of the season. There's too big a risk that he leaves us a man down early in a final and you just can't go there.
I reckon people over-state this. Isn't that what the sub is for? How often do we activate the sub early?

Marshall is not coming in for Ratugolea. Please stop 🛑

What do the Marshall lovers see when they watch the foot ball? Its just absurd

If these people had their way Dixon wouldnt be in the team either

I'm torn between wanting MG to come back to have a run before finals to find touch or to rest him. But then it's a long time out with the pre finals bye as well

In
Sinn MG Marshall (playing a high hf role)
Out
Houston burton Jones if inj

I've been stuffing around with the squiggle ladder predictor if Geelong win by 80 and we lose by 30 points they jump us. We still need to win this, can genuinely see them pumping west coast by 100

Could Rozee fill the Houston hole? He was drafted after winning a flag at HBF with North Adelaide. he already gets back to help with rebound and his impact at stoppages has been minimal this year- this means he can take on a more outside role in attack. Could be the making of his captaincy as a quarterback style general a la Hodge.

The half back distributor is such a crucial role and don't really want to go into a finals series relying on an untried kid (Sinn) or washed senior player (Burton) to find their feet. Also takes from an area we are flush in and have decent options to cover i.e. Boak and JHF up their mid minutes.

I'm torn between wanting MG to come back to have a run before finals to find touch or to rest him. But then it's a long time out with the pre finals bye as well

In
Sinn MG Marshall (playing a high hf role)
Out
Houston burton Jones if inj
Id take him and Lachy over plus 2 extra emergencies.

If 2nd is locked then rest them.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back