Preview Changes & Preview Thread for Showdown 55

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The decision to not play any of Burton, clurey, and mcentee in the sanfl on sat night was the right one. Whilst they didn’t get the opportunity to press their case, the turnaround is too short, and we don’t have many other options, so the fresher they are the better.

Do you really think that? Players always seem come off an extended breaks sluggish and fumble everything. They could have played a half just for some match fitness.

As I said earlier in the thread, our only game plan plays right into Adelaide's strengths.

Both teams will be happy for us to bomb it in to our clogged forward line. From there, the real risk is that we will leave far too much space for Adelaide to run or chip it out.

We can also be assured that they will bring the kind of pressure to the contest that gets most of our mids panicking.

Obviously, there is a real difference between the quality of the squads. But we do not play in a way that maximises those advantages against sides that play a congested, sling-shot game.

Nominate the Crows spud that will light up like peak Chris Judd then hardly get a kick for the rest of the season lol
Cook. Absolute spud, will kick 3-4 backing up his 3 against Norf and will be proclaimed “the next big thing”.

Worrell to look like peak Tom Stewart down back.

Do you really think that? Players always seem come off an extended breaks sluggish and fumble everything. They could have played a half just for some match fitness.
probably didn't want anymore injuries.

Collingwood off the break certainly ran rings around us.

Hopefully it means they are serious about finally beating these flogs.

We'll have to completely change our gameplan if we want to get close in this one. With no Allir to cut off their long bombs , crows just need to be patient with the ball and they'll cut through us like butter , if we don't play to high a press we are some chance if remaining competitive.

If not get ready to see bulk Joe the goose's

Burton for Aliir, Finlayson for SPP, McEntee for Rozee. Those seem the likely changes.

Put Wines forward in the SPP role and rotate with Butters and JHF on ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nah. Wines needs to step up in the midfield now. Can’t let him be outplayed but ******* crouch and laird

He's still going to go through the midfield, but I would keep him around the forward line when he's not there to provide a big mobile body to counter their rebound.

We still have Butters, JHF and Drew to start with Sweet in the ruck, Boak can still do some midfield minutes and Wines can do substantial minutes.

McEntee for Rozee? The only thing they have in common is "ee".

McEntee will come in, get used to the idea. As I said, he was all I had left over for Rozee.

He will be assigned some sort of blocking role on Worrell like he was on Tom Stewart when we beat Geelong here last year.

We talk a lot about how s**t the crows mids are but they always seem to play out of their skins against us but even without Rozee we simply can't be losing this battle again, it actually makes no sense that we continually do, other than the fact we keep shitting ourselves under pressure. But they need to sort that s**t out, if we can't sort it out against the crows what hope in hell do we have against the Giants, Cats, Blues or Swans? None.

We win the midfield battle we win the game because the crows defence is actually rubbish too. The crows looked a lot better on the weekend but they still conceded 81 points from only 41 inside 50's to a very poor and winless North Melbourne.

My concern about the crows is their forward line, if they get enough supply they will kick a winning score. So it is a big game for Butters, JHF, Drew, Wines and Sweet. And if Mead gets more of chance in the middle he needs to take it, hopefully he has taken some inspiration from Jase, and a breakout game is coming up for him. At the very least provide the contest and grunt work to allow Butters and JHF to do the damage on the outside.

McEntee will come in, get used to the idea. As I said, he was all I had left over for Rozee.

He will be assigned some sort of blocking role on Worrell like he was on Tom Stewart when we beat Geelong here last year.
i suspect Mead will essentially be the one coming in for Rozee and get a full game.

We talk a lot about how s**t the crows mids are but they always seem to play out of their skins against us but even without Rozee we simply can't be losing this battle again, it actually makes no sense that we continually do, other than the fact we keep shitting ourselves under pressure. But they need to sort that s**t out, if we can't sort it out against the crows what hope in hell do we have against the Giants, Cats, Blues or Swans? None.

We win the midfield battle we win the game because the crows defence is actually rubbish too. The crows looked a lot better on the weekend but they still conceded 81 points from only 41 inside 50's to a very poor and winless North Melbourne.

My concern about the crows is their forward line, if they get enough supply they will kick a winning score. So it is a big game for Butters, JHF, Drew, Wines and Sweet. And if Mead gets more of chance in the middle he needs to take it, hopefully he has taken some inspiration from Jase, and a breakout game is coming up for him. At the very least provide the contest and grunt work to allow Butters and JHF to do the damage on the outside.

Spot on RE: the midfield situation. We absolutely let their B-grade midfield destroy us last year. This was the outcome:
Screenshot_20240429_111838.jpg
If this happens again, heads need to roll. (They won't)

I ended up at the Crows / Bombers game. What really stood out was that the Crows had no ability to move their ball from defence. There was no system.
Their backline is what we need to exploit, on paper it looks rubbish, if we get on top on the midfield and get lots of repeat inside 50's that dam wall will collapse pretty easily in my opinion.

Your night Todd, wake up.

News just in that Rory Sloane has retired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back