Preview Changes: R16 vs Brisbane Bullets

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

His 'aggression', which some on here are laughably tut tutting about, is actually what got us back in the game.

Threw Carlton off what they were concentrating on (soundly whipping us) and opened the door for us to get back in.

Teams have been using that tactic against us for ages, then we have someone who uses it for us and we do our disapproval face.

I'm sure he got lectured for being a bad boy.
He may have got lectured for not touching the ball for 3 quarters, I doubt he got lectured for running through Weitering

Happy with Pedlar coming in (should've been for Sloane preferably). To a lesser extend Murray, but we did need extra height down back. Fog out and Frampton in...Fog didn't warrant his place in the side, but with the predicted weather in Adel, I think we could've gone smaller down forward (again, unsure of who we could bring in from the two's). McAdam had to go too, but I think Hamill would've been a good fit for Charlie Cameron possibly (I'd prefer him not to run amok against us - peed me off seeing Betts snag three against us when he's struggled all year).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't laugh, Nicks would have come across it in the coaching manual we gave him when he started. I'm sure Fog's been forced to sit through it.
Yeah nah.

Bicks was saying the other day it’s similar to what he did.
Will hav permanent issues down the line.
Not sure if he had surgery now if he’d have no long term issues.
Problem is, he can't be 100%. I played a regular game of cricket with a cracked R little finger (done on the Thursday of training; bungled a catch), top joint, bowling hand. Strapped to fourth finger. Stoopidly, I fielded at usual fine leg (dropped an easy catch) and bowled, too but bowling was sh1te and hurt like hell. Not good for the team.
If Sloane had surgery now, he'd get in a full pre-season and come back strong, and Schoenberg would get more time in the middle. Win-win.

individually our 3 primary mids deserve their spots, but as a group they're poor. Sloane on thin ice as to whether his current output wouldn't be replicated by Schoey and Berry sharing his minutes. But his role will never be up for discussion. As far as the club, coaches and most supporters are concerned, he's our most important midfielder and will remain as such until he retires.
I'd like to see a fit, fresh Sloane front up next year and play a majority of his time on a HFF, rotating through the midfield as a momentum-stopper when needed. He can take a mark, can hustle/crumb, and is a decent kick. Would have to be better than Rowe or McAdam.

Pedlar needs a ‘club favourite’ nickname. Like Roo, Tex or Truck. I’ve only ruled out Pedo so far. Thoughts?

They gave him the no 10 because like Chris McDermott he’s from Glenelg and a hard nut.

Chris’s nickname is Bone - as in hard as.

Maybe something similar rather than Ped-related

My favourite nickname was always Mark Viska, known for flattening people - Death😄

They gave him the no 10 because like Chris McDermott he’s from Glenelg and a hard nut.

My favourite nickname was always Mark Viska, known for flattening people - Death😄
Maybe Bullet because he debuted against them

So we’re doing a balancing act between blooding youth and establishing a winning culture. Dropping those who need to do more and giving a run to most of the newbies.

No doubt we’re also seeing who to axe at the end of the year. Billy’s turn to impress - possibly his last.

Can’t believe how far Berg has fallen since late last year, he was looking like he had something

McDermott got the nickname Bone due to his damage to his nose from excessive facial trauma from Glenelg playing days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back