Preview Changes: R17 vs Essendon, Sunday July 9, 2.50pm ACST @ Docklands Stadium

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last time we lost by 4pts.

The changes since then, (stolen from the Dons board)

While I do rate the Dons ins, I think genuinely we are much stronger than the team that lost last time by less than a goal.

CHANGES SINCE LAST TIME:
ESSENDON OUTS: Hind, Shiel, Smith, Draper, Waterman, Ham, Wanganeen
ESSENDON INS: Langford, Merrett, Weideman, Stringer, Hobbs, Menzie

ADELAIDE OUTS: Crouch, Doedee, Brown, Frampton, Schoenberg, Himmelberg, Butts, Rowe, Cook, Gollant
ADELAIDE INS: Murray, Michalanney, Worrell, Milera, Thilthorpe, Fogarty, Rankine, Soligo, Pedlar
Look at our 'ins'! Phoaaaar!

It's a big game and the coaches have gone safe. I would have preferred Borlase or Nank with Hinge on wing. If they got into trouble in defense Hinge can go back and either of those two to HF or wing

Yes, that is my preference but it is a greater risk bringing in a first gamer compared to moving Chance to half back and using a combination of Sloane, McHenry, Soligo and Sholl on the wing.

I’m a gambler, clearly Nicksy isn’t.
There’s not being a gambler and then there’s been so cautious it can be to the detriment. It’s like playing Dawson in defence until Dawson asked to be moved.

We’ve had games to debut Nank so this wouldn’t be his first game. We’ve debuted one player this year.

Given every game from now on is crucial there’s no chance we will have another one. We wouldn’t want to get a run of injuries leading into the finals if we make it…

There’s not being a gambler and then there’s been so cautious it can be to the detriment. It’s like playing Dawson in defence until Dawson asked to be moved.

We’ve had games to debut Nank so this wouldn’t be his first game. We’ve debuted one player this year.

Given every game from now on is crucial there’s no chance we will have another one. We wouldn’t want to get a run of injuries leading into the finals if we make it…
Yep I can't see Nankervis playing this year now. He may get a run next year if he impresses during preseason.

Given our run into possibly playing Finals, you can be rest assured, we will have some banged up players in September and Im very confident we will need some inexperienced kids to come into the line up.

We should have been given some kids a go earlier in the year, especially against the Eagles, Hawks and North.

Given our run into possibly playing Finals, you can be rest assured, we will have some banged up players in September and Im very confident we will need some inexperienced kids to come into the line up.

We should have been given some kids a go earlier in the year, especially against the Eagles, Hawks and North.

But then how would our bottom six get the goals or goal assists to confirm their selection for the next 6 weeks?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't be silly, we'll just play the banged up players.

A crippled experienced player is preferable to a kid, after all.

Sack Van Berlo
won't change anything, it's an ingrained club philosophy. We only employ those that align. Sack VB and just replace him with someone who thinks exactly the same.

How the hell can any of you know how VB is performing as an assistant?

We don't know if he is good, bad or in between. All we know is that he reports to Nicks and Nicks is ultimately responsible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: R17 vs Essendon, Sunday July 9, 2.50pm ACST @ Docklands Stadium

Back