Preview Changes: R17 vs Essendon, Sunday July 9, 2.50pm ACST @ Docklands Stadium

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Who do you think will be the Sub ? ......Borlaise as a tall backup ?

After last week, are you surprised they've stuck with the same group .......ESS aren't that tall

Jones ....again, you're from a bygone era, where players played the same position every week, all game .......flexibility is the need today ......we know Jones is the preferred WING .....not an issue
So the short answer is Nicks is right again!!! What a shock.

So Jones is the preferred wing and yet we move home out of there? Hmm. Yes I can understand why’d you be right behind that.

I never said go tall, I said play Nankervis. You’re a Nankervis fan too aren’t you? Pretty sure you’ve been advocating for his selection ;) But got to back Nicks in hey ;)

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't play Borlase or Keane and shuffle the team around to accommodate only one tall matchup (Murray on Wright). Worrell operates as the second tall. Bring in some more on-ball depth - Essendon beat us by running waves, always. Trust our forward line to kick a score.

Robert Redford Nod GIF

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't play Borlase or Keane and shuffle the team around to accommodate only one tall matchup (Murray on Wright). Worrell operates as the second tall. Bring in some more on-ball depth - Essendon beat us by running waves, always. Trust our forward line to kick a score.

482-1573743604.jpg

Borlase must surely be travelling emergency there’s no way our travelling squad is that short
Why? It's how we've gone every time one of Butts or Murray have missed.

Nicks had to be dragged kicking and screaming multiple times over the past 2 years to go with 2 talls, i'd actually believe it's his preference to go with a defence like this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why? It's how we've gone every time one of Butts or Murray have missed.

Nicks had to be dragged kicking and screaming multiple times over the past 2 years to go with 2 talls, i'd actually believe it's his preference to go with a defence like this.
Travelling emergency though. If one of Murray and Worrell injure themselves in warm up the game is over before it began.

Don't mind going smaller down back

Fast team for a fast deck

Chance for Worrell to step up and play tall

Dry track under a roof also means perfect marking conditions for tall forwards.

I’m wary but can understand the decision re talls; I’m more annoyed softball Sholl is still in the side.

Worried about Wright’s height and Langford - I’d probably go Worrell on Wright and Murray on Langford, I rate Kyle so highly.

This has felt like a very long week between games - C’arn boys.

I guess Borlase card has been stamped.

I get it, small faster player at Docklands against Essendon who hardly have a dominant key forward. Plus our backline is not exactly small with Murray/Worrel/,Michalanney.

But this was on obvious one for one to debut Borlase.

Is he contracted for next year? If not I guess delist.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I guess Borlase card has been stamped.

I get it, small faster player at Docklands against Essendon who hardly have a dominant key forward. Plus our backline is not exactly small with Murray/Worrel/,Michalanney.

But this was on obvious one for one to debut Borlase.

Is he contracted for next year? If not I guess delist.

He's a Cat B rookie, so has to be brought up or delisted.

My general belief is they've never had any intention of playing or even giving a go to Borlase or Newchurch, they were kept purely as SANFL filler that we had greater control over than a regular top-up player.

Also, they key word is "debut" there. I think we've slammed shut that happening this year, it'll be the same 24-26 players going forward for the rest of the year because that's what they think they need to do to make finals.

I would put money on one change this week.

Out - Butts
In - Sholl

Chayce plays as a defender, Murray on Wright and Worrell on Weideman.

I would prefer to bring in Nankervis and play Chayce on the wing. I liked the way both Borlase and Keane played against the Roosters but I don’t think we need another tall defender (Worrell is taller than both Borlase and Keane) on the fast track at Docklands.
Selection is not rocket science. Murray was always going to play on 2 Metre Peter and if Weideman takes Worrell apart then I’d hate to think what he’d do to Borlase.

Our biggest challenge is matching their midfield and keeping a lock on Stringer and Langford.

He's a Cat B rookie, so has to be brought up or delisted.

My general belief is they've never had any intention of playing or even giving a go to Borlase or Newchurch, they were kept purely as SANFL filler that we had greater control over than a regular top-up player.

Also, they key word is "debut" there. I think we've slammed shut that happening this year, it'll be the same 24-26 players going forward for the rest of the year because that's what they think they need to do to make finals.
A bit disappointing.

I guess they are only ever going to be fringe players, so in the bigger scheme of things not really a big deal. But would be nice to see both play at least a couple of AFL games.

Remember that time earlier in the year where we clearly went into the game too short in defence? Then, worried about it, picked a 200 cm key forward as the sub. And lost the game?

Yeh neither do our coaches…
On the flipside, it worked totally fine against St. Kilda. Essendon don't have a forward line full of dangerous talls, it's not an outrageous idea to go a bit smaller in defence against this team.

Dry track under a roof also means perfect marking conditions for tall forwards.

I’m wary but can understand the decision re talls; I’m more annoyed softball Sholl is still in the side.

Worried about Wright’s height and Langford - I’d probably go Worrell on Wright and Murray on Langford, I rate Kyle so highly.

This has felt like a very long week between games - C’arn boys.
Yeah it's the medium sized forwards like Langford and Stringer that will need attention. I'm guessing that's Hinge and Max.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: R17 vs Essendon, Sunday July 9, 2.50pm ACST @ Docklands Stadium

Back