Preview Changes round 18 v West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Based on the WAFL report, Suban looks a definite to replace Hayden.

Not sure any other changes will happen. Clarke is definitely not coming out.

Based on the WAFL report, Suban looks a definite to replace Hayden.

Not sure any other changes will happen. Clarke is definitely not coming out.
You'd think so. Harvey was saying today that Sandi still hasn't been definitely ruled out and that Clarke will run with Sideshow Bob. Still what Harves says and what actually transpires sometimes doesn't bear too much relation to each other so make of that what you will.
Giant ruckman Sandilands, who is recuperating from a second bout of "turf toe", still hasn't returned to full training.

But Harvey, who predicts the Dockers will be a vastly different and better prepared team than round eight, still rates the big man a chance.

"They [injured players] train harder than the guys on the track," Harvey said.

"We [coaches] are not medics. We assume, think and hope but time tells us in the end. A lot can happen in four days."

Read more: http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/afl-n...derby-clash-20110721-1hpxs.html#ixzz1SiUVfR4n

Reading the WAFL report gives me a horrible feeling JVB will replace Hayden and Suban will probably come in for Palmer.

Dear god no.

JVB is a depth player. Lost Roger, got Suban, so no need to dig down to bring up JVB.

Palmer hasn't been playing particularly well, it's true. But to kick him out to put JVB in makes no friggin sense. If Palmer is to be booted out then put Barlow in his spot and Mello onto the bench.

Fingers crossed that that horrible feeling of yours is a false alarm.

Just on Freo's Twitter:

"FREO TEAM SELECTION: IN – Crowley, Pitt, Suban, Faulks OUT – Hayden (Leg) for the #aflfreoeagles match."

Let's hope that's just Suban in for Hayden and the rest is ducks and drakes.

Why would Harvs put those guys on the list as ins? Surely having Kepler, Mello, Pearce and Suban as ins would have been a more realistic deception than Crowley, Pitt, Suban and Faulks?

Who out of that four can you see deserving a spot (excepting Suban of course)?

B: Antoni Grover, Alex Silvagni, Michael Johnson
* HB: Adam McPhee, Luke McPharlin, Tendai Mzungu
* C: Stephen Hill, Michael Barlow, Garrick Ibbotson
* HF: Greg Broughton, Christopher Mayne, Dylan Roberton
* F: Hayden Ballantyne, Matthew Pavlich, Zachary Clarke
* Foll: Jonathon Griffin, Nathan Fyfe, Matthew de Boer
* I/C: Ryan Crowley, Paul Duffield, Rhys Palmer, Nick Suban, Peter Faulks, Jayden Pitt, Nick Lower

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fremantle
B: Antoni Grover, Alex Silvagni, Michael Johnson
HB: Adam McPhee, Luke McPharlin, Tendai Mzungu
C: Stephen Hill, Michael Barlow, Garrick Ibbotson
HF: Greg Broughton, Christopher Mayne, Dylan Roberton
F: Hayden Ballantyne, Matthew Pavlich, Zachary Clarke
Foll: Jonathon Griffin, Nathan Fyfe, Matthew de Boer

I/C: Ryan Crowley, Paul Duffield, Rhys Palmer, Nick Suban, Peter Faulks, Jayden Pitt, Nick Lower

West Coast

B: Will Schofield, Darren Glass, Shannon Hurn
HB: Scott Selwood, Eric Mackenzie, Beau Waters
C: Andrew Embley, Matthew Priddis, Matthew Rosa
HF: Bradley Ebert, Josh Kennedy, Mark Nicoski
F: Mark LeCras, Quinten Lynch, Nic Naitanui
Foll: Dean Cox, Adam Selwood, Luke Shuey

I/C: Mitch Brown, Ashley Smith, Patrick McGinnity, Brad Sheppard, Ashton Hams, Andrew Gaff, Jack Darling

I'm guessing the final interchange to be Duffield, Palmer, Suban and Lower.

Who will be the sub? Suban probably?

I/C: Paul Duffield, Rhys Palmer, Nick Suban, Nick Lower

That's what I'm going with at this stage. Though I have a feeling we may see Pitt come in for Palmer and play as the substitute.

I wouldn't mind Faulks coming in to be honest.

I've been thinking this week, with the Eagles tall forwardline, could we be better off putting McPharlin on Kennedy as expected, Faulks onto Darling and one of SNOS or Groves to get LeCras with the other on Lynch.

Duff and Ibbo aren't nearly accountable enough for LeCras, I think either of Groves or SNOS would do a much tighter job.

I wouldn't mind Faulks coming in to be honest.

I've been thinking this week, with the Eagles tall forwardline, could we be better off putting McPharlin on Kennedy as expected, Faulks onto Darling and one of SNOS or Groves to get LeCras with the other on Lynch.

Duff and Ibbo aren't nearly accountable enough for LeCras, I think either of Groves or SNOS would do a much tighter job.

Interesting idea. Whilst we're out in left-field, what about Hill playing on LeCras? Ibbotson and/or Duffield could then take Nicoski.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes round 18 v West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back