Preview Changes: Round 19 v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Notice a few here look at SANFL form as a guide for ins and outs.
Remember the Crows SANFL side is a development team and they are playing players in unfamiliar positions, often changing thru the game,
They often leave a player in a position longer when he is beaten to gauge how they react.
The biggest change to the SANFL side this year is a number of rotations thru the middle, no single player is getting the 30 plus disposal like the last few years. Have not seen a year where they have rotated as many players thru different position during a game as I have this year. Normally quarter by quarter.
We have forwards played back, defenders playing a bit higher, Midfielders playing roles as defenders and forwards.
I would read much into SANFL form, but rather the coaches view the game on how a player went.

Last edited:
I want Keath and Harto keeping Otten out. Makes us big, but we'd be faster with Keath and Harto than with either and Otto.
Otten's footy brain more than compensates for any qualities Harto has. Speed is no help if you are running in the wrong direction :)

The meltdowns over Doedeee are just ridiculous.

People need to have some patience.

Doedee continues to work on his kicking which is the holding him back at the moment. He was frustrated earlier in the year, but now better understands why he has to improve on this before he plays.
Don't worry, the club love him and still have huge wraps. Will still be a star.

Doedee continues to work on his kicking which is the holding him back at the moment. He was frustrated earlier in the year, but now better understands why he has to improve on this before he plays.
True the club are happy with where he is at but there is interest in him at the Cats and Hawks.
I'm sure he'll be a solid player for us...if he stays!

True the club are happy with where he is at but there is interest in him at the Cats and Hawks.

Worth a late first/early second type interest? Want to keep him but dont want to be giving him up to either of those clubs on the cheap. If he wont re-sign we should send him to the draft rather than gifting him to either of those two for anything less than a low 20s. Any other club would be different.

Worth a late first/early second type interest? Want to keep him but dont want to be giving him up to either of those clubs on the cheap. If he wont re-sign we should send him to the draft rather than gifting him to either of those two for anything less than a low 20s. Any other club would be different.

Not sure mate what value those clubs see him at - as a first rounder you'd think he'd be anywhere from 20-30 in exchange maybe?
Geelong rate him highly I know that much - of course he's from there.

Adelaide
IN – Paul Seedsman, Wayne Milera Junior
OUT – Eddie Betts (appendix), Brad Crouch (cheekbone)

Collingwood
IN - Matt Scharenberg, Tom Phillips
OUT - Travis Varcoe (elbow), Jarryd Blair

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Otten's footy brain more than compensates for any qualities Harto has. Speed is no help if you are running in the wrong direction :)

In the Hawthorn game at Adelaide Oval, I watched Hartigan leave his man about 4 or 5 times to try and be the third man up, get to a spilled ball or spoil an unmarked Hawthorn player.

However, his timing was so off that he was not getting to the contest in time and was therefore just a traffic cone. It also meant that his direct opponent was free to receive a handball or kick.

Adelaide
IN – Paul Seedsman, Wayne Milera Junior
OUT – Eddie Betts (appendix), Brad Crouch (cheekbone)

Collingwood
IN - Matt Scharenberg, Tom Phillips
OUT - Travis Varcoe (elbow), Jarryd Blair

Moore could still be a late out for Collingwood. They're basically giving him until the game to recover.

Otten is the perfect player to play levers role while he's out

When lever comes back then he needs to fight with others for his spot and it could get very tight for him
Please tell me that the "he" in the second sentence is meant to be Otten. What you've written actually says that Lever will need to fight for his spot.

I am sorry but I refuse to believe there's a single player on our list who wasn't frustrated that a geriatric got a senior game over them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: Round 19 v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back