Preview Changes: Round 19 v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Look, I agree with you to a point, your other examples are fine but Doedee is basically up against one guy for his league spot and that guy has played some reasonable footy and brings a level of hardness to our team that is missing in our backline. Granted, I'd still put Doedee in over him but it isn't like Kelly has been stinking it up like Mackay and still getting a game, Doedee is being held out by a guy performing.

In saying that, I still think Doedee gets a gig this year, think we may start giving players a week off if we win the next two

Why can't we play two of Doedee/Kelly/Cheney in the same side?

Having two short people in the backline does rob us of match up flexibility as they can only play on small forwards.

Menzel has been a huge disappointment although were the expectations we had warranted

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
5d6ea42623a485c3f26f8afd3ba06818.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Massive disapppintment and given his draft position and what we have up, expectations were justified.
Actually, he's done for us pretty much exactly what he did for Carlton. He's a forward pocket who is largely anonymous for large chunks of games but is capable of snagging a couple of goals from nowhere.

Given his age when he arrived, I guess there was hope he'd become more than that, but it's looking increasingly likely that's not going to happen.

Actually, he's done for us pretty much exactly what he did for Carlton. He's a forward pocket who is largely anonymous for large chunks of games but is capable of snagging a couple of goals from nowhere.

Given his age when he arrived, I guess there was hope he'd become more than that, but it's looking increasingly likely that's not going to happen.
Just read this from back in 2012

http://footyprophet.com/class-of-2012-troy-menzel/

I really think we didn't expect McGovern to come on like he has. The Gov or Lynch role is where Menzel needs to play, but at the moment he's yards behind.

Someone brought up the possibility of Port trading for him, especially as it looks like Daniel Menzel is going there too.

From reading that article, I think he'd be a good fit for Port who need something up front. Could play a Stevie J type role for them, and would be what they were hoping Brett Eddy would become.

Its just a shame hes not even getting a look in this week with Betts out. Hes done at the Crows

It is looking a long shot, the ball is well and truly in his court now, you could say he is on last chance harry

No one can help him from here it's all up to him

You (and more than a few others) can't be too fussed about KEATH either if you can't even get his name right!

[sorry, couldn't resist...]
Alright Dangarman, kudos but make sure your posts from now on have "ppRoppar gramer and englash" or I'll be pulling you up on it too!;). I'll be watching.

You read and believe too much of the media BS hype

The media love people like you

Hook line and sinker

They get 4 right and 6 wrong

Unlike the media I actually see most of the TAC youngsters play...

And Mick Turner is hardly the media, he's been instrumental in the Falcons developing and providing more talent to AFL lists than any other club since the inception of the draft, he's no bullshit artist which you'd know if you ever met the man.

That's the big wraps? Was surprised how early he went, and Buckenera had him at 35?

How many draftees at pick 35 don't play a game in 2 years for their club and are then picked up by other clubs?
You do realise when we drafted him he was coming off a shoulder reco, the same as Signorello this year and has had "managed" pre-seasons both seasons since joining us??

1) Does anyone think Doedee will play a game this season?
IF "NO" Do you think Doedee will be a Crow next season?

The answer is No for 1, and Yes for 2. First rounder of a very weak draft and a project player means it's unlikely he'll go.

I like Doedee and reckon he'll be a player; he is no loss though seeing we're absolutely stacked in his main position.

If he stays he has to transition into another role to make it, is he capable of that remains to be seen. I reckon he is, but I've been wrong before.

Why u all given up on menzel.. how long did lynch take when he came over?

Lynch was our leading goalkicker in his 2nd year at the club, as a 22 year old. He famously kicked 10 in a game against GWS in this season, and finished up with 33 for the season from 17 games, in addition to some very solid setup play.

Menzel can't get near it in the SANFL in his 2nd year at the club, as a 22 year old. He is no longer in the best 27, let alone best 22.

That's probs why.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: Round 19 v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back