Preview Changes Round 5 vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Out - Masten (you're not safe in the side and you never will be), Shuey (no risks, don't care if he's right to play if there's any doubt he stays at home on the couch)
In - Colledge (got tagged heavily in the WAFL which for me is a sign that he's finally becoming a player that makes other teams take notice. Will add more presence than Masten), Hutchings. Hutchings the sub since he's coming back from injury and would be decent at the role.

Which means....
DUGGAN FOR A FULL GAAAAMMMEEEEEE!!!!

With our KPD crisis, anyone thoughts on Barrass being ready? Not wanting to rush him into the team this week but when we look to play GWS and match up on McCarthy, why not Barrass? Same cohort - would be a useful match up.

Forget Schofield as a KPD. I did not like much of what I saw with Schofield against the Lions. Gets out muscled and continually butchering the mall. Despite supposedly bulking up over the summer, I cannot see him making a KPD role and if he stays long term, he will merely be there for the third tall in defence.

Gmac was great again and he needs company. It will be lonely for him down back for the rest of 2015 unless he gets some real help. Oh and Yeo was refreshing in the middle. We need to take risks to make sure we avoid having to pinch hit with him in defence.

Out - Masten (you're not safe in the side and you never will be), Shuey (no risks, don't care if he's right to play if there's any doubt he stays at home on the couch)
In - Colledge (got tagged heavily in the WAFL which for me is a sign that he's finally becoming a player that makes other teams take notice. Will add more presence than Masten), Hutchings. Hutchings the sub since he's coming back from injury and would be decent at the role.

Which means....
DUGGAN FOR A FULL GAAAAMMMEEEEEE!!!!
If shuey is right to play he should. Look at McGovern, every man and his dog was calling for him to be given the week off but it would have been unnecessary as he wasn't inhibited .

Hill is only 26
He played 1 good game , he has been on my delist because of his inconsistency , frustrating , he is in and out of the side for this reason and he has had plenty of chances . Surprised he wasnt delisted last year . Having said that he deserves another week based on brisbane game . He needs to keep playing well because he hasnt been struck off my delist yet .

With our KPD crisis, anyone thoughts on Barrass being ready? Not wanting to rush him into the team this week but when we look to play GWS and match up on McCarthy, why not Barrass? Same cohort - would be a useful match up.

Forget Schofield as a KPD. I did not like much of what I saw with Schofield against the Lions. Gets out muscled and continually butchering the mall. Despite supposedly bulking up over the summer, I cannot see him making a KPD role and if he stays long term, he will merely be there for the third tall in defence.

Gmac was great again and he needs company. It will be lonely for him down back for the rest of 2015 unless he gets some real help. Oh and Yeo was refreshing in the middle. We need to take risks to make sure we avoid having to pinch hit with him in defence.
who is Gmac ..

This looks pretty good to me. I wouldn't be surprised if they send duggan to the wafl for a full run, but I hope they don't. He stands out so much in our team with a nice clean pair of hands and tidy skills.
fantastic hands.....so decisive

It will be a interesting game.
GWS have a far superior side, buts its young and we may be able to win.
McCarthy has been sensational reminds me of a younger Kennedy, he would a perfect replacement for
Kennedy in a few years.
Devon Smith will need watching.
There midfield leg speed is incredible, along with there clearance work.
There backline still needs work though is getting better.

Makes me laugh when WCE site admin bang on about Sam Butler using his nous...picking off marks....pickin up 2 easy goals.....Christ. Was at the WB v WCE game and watched him kick it straight to the opposition and cost us a goal....with all his premiership experience and all!!.Those goals were gimmes ffs!! Against Bris Sheppard and Sheed kicked it straight to the Lions and both cost goals immediately. Sheed improving each game but Sheppard has had plenty of time to iron out those mistakes. Simo will be livid with that!!!. Duggan super hands.....cannot wait to see him find his place and go on with it. Talented kid.

We won't play Waterman because like Colledge he needs to do more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Agreee colledge needs to take a leaf out of lachie neale , ollie wines book and just get super fit and explosive , waterman the same but of course he is only 1st year still building fitness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if we win this will it be regarded as another flat track bullying? GWS have looked very good from what I've seen of them, although they've only played one top eight team.
Actually I think we've developing into somewhat of a flat track bully so far this year. Much prefer it to whipping boys. We'd be doing well against you fellas over in Perth to get the chocolates though. Eagles by 25.

This will be a tough game.

Probably akin to the GC v West Coast game at subi last year - where each team will get a run on and it will just be a matter of who can sustain it.

Off the top of my head I think Will H-E and Patton are the only big names out for GWS, and a lot of their mids are in VERY good form.

If Shuey is out, we'll probably find it tough against them. I can see Naitanui dominating, he could be a pivotal player as we'll need to be good in the clearances, but if he can contribute up forward it would be a huge bonus.

Hopefully Fraser gets another go and Duggan gets a full game.
I liked Wellingham down back, hope that continues.

Makes me laugh when WCE site admin bang on about Sam Butler using his nous...picking off marks....pickin up 2 easy goals.....Christ. Was at the WB v WCE game and watched him kick it straight to the opposition and cost us a goal....with all his premiership experience and all!!.Those goals were gimmes ffs!! Against Bris Sheppard and Sheed kicked it straight to the Lions and both cost goals immediately. Sheed improving each game but Sheppard has had plenty of time to iron out those mistakes. Simo will be livid with that!!!. Duggan super hands.....cannot wait to see him find his place and go on with it. Talented kid.
I've been highly critical of Butler for a couple of years but credit where it's due, he played a great game on Sunday.

I was really impressed with Hill's game on the weekend. He always had talent, but he never looked like he had any intent or hunger for the ball/contest. Yesterday, he had it in spades. Earned his spot over McGinnity and I hope he keeps bringing that fire in the coming weeks.

Out: Shuey (if inj)
In: Colledge

Duggan to get a full game and Masten to sub. Send a message.

Definitely need an extra tall down back this week, be it McInnes or Barass, Cameron and McCarthy will present a big challenge.

Sorry - McGovern
Actually i thought/ 99% knew you meant Gov , I agree Barrass is gonna be a gun , Ropo as well , I used to always call up 6 pr years ago even when we had lynchy and tell em we should elevate mcgovern and replace lynchy. Langdon never agreed of course . Seemed to take forever for Gov to be elevated. Yes I reach round and pat myself on the back on my early opinion on the Gov.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes Round 5 vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back