Prediction Changes v Melbourne (Round 19)

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, Demon peeps are pretty good (with one very well known exception), you just have to realise that almost everything they do is sarcastic or a joke. He's having a laugh
Apologies. Had far too many Little Creatures last night and turned into a feral. I'll send back Cameron Schwab and let's call it even hey.

Btw, you guys still got that mascot that looks like Shaun McManus on steroids? Give my love to Jesse Hogan. He's still playing for you guys yeah?

Apologies. Had far too many Little Creatures last night and turned into a feral. I'll send back Cameron Schwab and let's call it even hey.

Btw, you guys still got that mascot that looks like Shaun McManus on steroids? Give my love to Jesse Hogan. He's still playing for you guys yeah?
Just send us Rivers and all will be forgiven :)

Only if you take Petty as well and dump him in the Adelaide Oval carpark stuffed in a box with a ribbon wrapped around it for us. Will save us on postage.

Just read your rabid rants and hatred for us on your changes thread and yet here you are being a total pole smoker on our forum. What gives?

Only if you take Petty as well and dump him in the Adelaide Oval carpark stuffed in a box with a ribbon wrapped around it for us. Will save us on postage.
I'd get rid of Mahoney out of your front office for refusing to trade Petty to the Crows for that ridiculous offer..

Jloe needs to make the team more unpredictable. If he is a decent coach or wants to show he can throw curve balls if we are in a sticky situation like against the hawks throw a sicley move like Sam Mitchell. Moving one player can make the difference jloe must show that he is capable of doing this.

Jloe needs to make the team more unpredictable. If he is a decent coach or wants to show he can throw curve balls if we are in a sticky situation like against the hawks throw a sicley move like Sam Mitchell. Moving one player can make the difference jloe must show that he is capable of doing this.
JLo has proved time and time again that he does make tactical changes that throw other coaches off, Mitchell himself stated this last season when we played the Hawks.

How does Sam Mitchell making a fairly obvious move somehow result in comments that either JLo didn't make any moves in response, or b, that he doesn't make similar moves. Both of these arguments are false and show a lack of thought going back beyond one game.

Also, sometimes these changes don't result from the coach pulling the strings, the captain or a senior leader makes the call out on the field. The Sicily change is an example of that, he actually moved himself forward. Exactly the same to Pearce moving himself forward vs. Collingwood and kicking the game saving goal.

JLo has proved time and time again that he does make tactical changes that throw other coaches off, Mitchell himself stated this last season when we played the Hawks.

How does Sam Mitchell making a fairly obvious move somehow result in comments that either JLo didn't make any moves in response, or b, that he doesn't make similar moves. Both of these arguments are false and show a lack of thought going back beyond one game.

Also, sometimes these changes don't result from the coach pulling the strings, the captain or a senior leader makes the call out on the field. The Sicily change is an example of that, he actually moved himself forward. Exactly the same to Pearce moving himself forward vs. Collingwood and kicking the game saving goal.
It just seems the choice of defender put on Sicily was the wrong one/s. As mentioned it would have been different if Pearce had of been there, but it doesn't excuse the piss poor efforts from our defenders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It just seems the choice of defender put on Sicily was the wrong one/s. As mentioned it would have been different if Pearce had of been there, but it doesn't excuse the piss poor efforts from our defenders.
Well we tried chapman and he was getting pantsed (Ryan saved him multiple times)

Then in the 4th we changed to Ryan and he got pantsed (but no chappy returning the favour by saving him)

Not sure who else we turn to there?

Well we tried chapman and he was getting pantsed (Ryan saved him multiple times)

Then in the 4th we changed to Ryan and he got pantsed (but no chappy returning the favour by saving him)

Not sure who else we turn to there?
Draper is defending better than Chapman atm and Ryan isn't my idea of a lock down defender (or once in a blue moon). They didn't have many talls, why didn't Cox go to him.

He did well to maximise the limited opportunities into 3 goals, but it wasn't really a dominant performance by Sicily up forward otherwise.

One goal came from a shoelace brush in the chaos of a goal square scramble after the backs failed to thump it over...which they otherwise would do 9 times out of 10.

Very similar defending 101 error when the ball fell into his lap on the goal line. That ball was very killable and we just failed to do so.

It'd be great to definitively know what led to that mindset in the last (and yes it was in no way just limited to the defenders), but we weren't as switched on as we were in the previous 3 quarters. We seemed sapped.

Wasn’t sure where to drop it.

This kind of makes sense to me given our profile and stage of development (not so much our current ladder position).

Last year we barely had a cohesive brand of football / trademark from week to week. This year for the most we’ve become much more consistent in a broader sense, but have been let down by moments in close games, and also inaccuracy on conversion.

In the same way that the list is mostly there and just missing some cream - it feels like our game is mostly there, and now we need to zoom in and focus on specific details / scenarios / moments in games which is the difference in these close ones

This kind of makes sense to me given our profile and stage of development (not so much our current ladder position).

Last year we barely had a cohesive brand of football / trademark from week to week. This year for the most we’ve become much more consistent in a broader sense, but have been let down by moments in close games, and also inaccuracy on conversion.

In the same way that the list is mostly there and just missing some cream - it feels like our game is mostly there, and now we need to zoom in and focus on specific details / scenarios / moments in games which is the difference in these close ones
I feel like the youth of our forwards is what is holding us back. Our point of difference players (Jackson and Freddy) are the ones who can turn a game on its head and they both have less then 100 games experience. Our main targets in the forwardline (Treacy, Amiss & Sturt) are also quite young. They are all due for some big preseasons because next year there is less of an excuse.

I feel like the youth of our forwards is what is holding us back. Our point of difference players (Jackson and Freddy) are the ones who can turn a game on its head and they both have less then 100 games experience. Our main targets in the forwardline (Treacy, Amiss & Sturt) are also quite young. They are all due for some big preseasons because next year there is less of an excuse.

This is why I have my eye on 2025 more than 2024. The prospect of adding some electric speed and skillful small forwards or mids playing forward while they develop, even on half back, makes me quite excited.

This is why I have my eye on 2025 more than 2024. The prospect of adding some electric speed and skillful small forwards or mids playing forward while they develop, even on half back, makes me quite excited.
This kind of talk belongs on the optimism thread!

I don't think there has been a better time to be a Freo fan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Changes v Melbourne (Round 19)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back