Changes vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's cause he does things people his height shouldn't be able to do :p

Hey, the kid is a talent, big tick to the Carlton recruiters with this pick. My only concern is can he have a relatively injury free career.

The only change I'd consider is Truck out for a smaller player. Now that Hartigan has proven to be pretty capable (after his first quarters :confused::confused:) I think Truck needs to become a horses for courses player.

We needed him tonight, I don't think we do next week.

Wright for the green vest.

Commentrs re: Truck?

Spot on.

I've spoken to countless numbers of supporters, both of the Crows and other Clubs.
By a million miles, the main opinions regarding the Crows' weaknesses and areas they need to improve are inaccuracies in front of goal, and....with a few exceptions....SERIOUS lack of leg speed, especially through the Midfield. 99.99% of our problems stem from that.
"Most" bigger blokes generally aren't that quick, although there are a few freaks like Buddy & Natanui, but generally there aren't many. It's the smaller blokes who set the turf ablaze. Yet most of our Mids/Flankers/Pockets seriously lack some toe, in comparison to other Clubs. And this is what's killing us, no question about it.
Changes against Carlton? KEEP Reilly in the SANFL....permanently. Just look at the difference bringing in JUST ONE quick little bloke, Charlie Cameron, made. He stays.
Scott Thompson, Rutten, Reilly, and Otten....they must all go. I have almost zero time for Medium-Sized blokes like Otten - he's neither big/strong enough to hold a Key Position, and he isn't quick enough to catch opponents. And in the name of all that's Holy, he has less than zero lateral skills, and he's forever falling over?!? Got nothing against him personally, but he's nothing but a Plodder.
Truck? Whenever the opposition has a huge Gorilla of a Key Forward....great....Rutten's the perfect match up. But other than that, he's a total liability.
What we need to do is keep a sprinkling of Key Position players (Tex, Jenkins, maybe Pods), and fill every non-Key Position based PURELY on sprinting speed. That's it.
While Sloane & the Crouch Brothers aren't Greyhounds, they have bucketloads of skill and courage.

Hey, the kid is a talent, big tick to the Carlton recruiters with this pick. My only concern is can he have a relatively injury free career.
With menzel's talent, I'm more than happy we took the risk.
It's been 4 years since his LARS surgery and it was from a collision injury.

I've spoken to countless numbers of supporters, both of the Crows and other Clubs.
By a million miles, the main opinions regarding the Crows' weaknesses and areas they need to improve are inaccuracies in front of goal, and....with a few exceptions....SERIOUS lack of leg speed, especially through the Midfield. 99.99% of our problems stem from that.
"Most" bigger blokes generally aren't that quick, although there are a few freaks like Buddy & Natanui, but generally there aren't many. It's the smaller blokes who set the turf ablaze. Yet most of our Mids/Flankers/Pockets seriously lack some toe, in comparison to other Clubs. And this is what's killing us, no question about it.
Changes against Carlton? KEEP Reilly in the SANFL....permanently. Just look at the difference bringing in JUST ONE quick little bloke, Charlie Cameron, made. He stays.
Scott Thompson, Rutten, Reilly, and Otten....they must all go. I have almost zero time for Medium-Sized blokes like Otten - he's neither big/strong enough to hold a Key Position, and he isn't quick enough to catch opponents. And in the name of all that's Holy, he has less than zero lateral skills, and he's forever falling over?!? Got nothing against him personally, but he's nothing but a Plodder.
Truck? Whenever the opposition has a huge Gorilla of a Key Forward....great....Rutten's the perfect match up. But other than that, he's a total liability.
What we need to do is keep a sprinkling of Key Position players (Tex, Jenkins, maybe Pods), and fill every non-Key Position based PURELY on sprinting speed. That's it.
While Sloane & the Crouch Brothers aren't Greyhounds, they have bucketloads of skill and courage.
Our best clearance player? I don't think so.

The only reason I suggested Hartigan out for Otten is because Otten is more mobile, and the far better player and definite best 22 when in form. I just don't trust Hartigan's decision making and skills down back right now, so getting touch back in the SANFL isn't a bad thing.

The only reason I suggested Hartigan out for Otten is because Otten is more mobile, and the far better player and definite best 22 when in form. I just don't trust Hartigan's decision making and skills down back right now, so getting touch back in the SANFL isn't a bad thing.

Otto more mobile than Hartigan

Surely your taking the piss

Rutten will be dropping out before Hartigan if we need a big guy to miss.

Otto more mobile than Hartigan

Surely your taking the piss
Nup. Otten is a better player than Hartigan, isn't that much older, and is clearly best 22 when in form. His decent SANFL game on the weekend will see him replace Hartigan this week. Hartigan may be slightly quicker than Otto, but Otto moves around the ground better (you do realise he was drafted as a mid).

I think people will be surprised when this doesn't happen
Otten needs to get in form though....it doesn't need to be decent, if he is really a best 22 player then surely he would be performing to a higher standard.

Lyons has to come in this week. Dominated the SANFL. I fear if we don't play him, he'll end up back home and dominate for someone else. Gunston 2.0.

Due to the rain, it wouldn't surprise me to see someone dropped. Cannot be Jenkins though, he's finally hit his form.

I think this week it should be Wright out for Lyons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nup. Otten is a better player than Hartigan, isn't that much older, and is clearly best 22 when in form. His decent SANFL game on the weekend will see him replace Hartigan this week. Hartigan may be slightly quicker than Otto, but Otto moves around the ground better (you do realise he was drafted as a mid).

Bullshit

Hartigan is MUCH quick, not slightly and Hartigan covers the ground a lot easier then Otto

Otto has also lost a lot core strength and this is why he goes to ground so easily, not to mention Otto is one of our worse tacklers on our list.

Not to mention playing Otto, Truck and Talia down back together seriously exposes us on leg speed and throw Radar into this mix well here comes 2013 again when sides just kicked it over our defense and creamed us for leg speed and walked into an open goal

The difference in oace and mobility is significant

Hartigan may be slightly quicker than Otto, but Otto moves around the ground better (you do realise he was drafted as a mid).
He's also had a knee reconstruction and knee issues, there's no way Otten could play as a mid now so it's irrelevant.

Which he isn't.

I got slammed for saying in pre-season that although Otten would start the year in the best 22, there was no guarantee he would end it there as we have better or higher upside options at every position Otten can play.

He lost the benefit of incumbency through no fault of his own with injury, but has done nothing since to suggest he's worthy of getting his spot back.

I'd be shocked if he got a game this week.

Bullshit

Hartigan is MUCH quick, not slightly and Hartigan covers the ground a lot easier then Otto

Otto has also lost a lot core strength and this is why he goes to ground so easily, not to mention Otto is one of our worse tacklers on our list.

Not to mention playing Otto, Truck and Talia down back together seriously exposes us on leg speed and throw Radar into this mix well here comes 2013 again when sides just kicked it over our defense and creamed us for leg speed and walked into an open goal

The difference in oace and mobility is significant
Otten will come into our best 22 once he regains form which may not be this week but it will be soon. How many on this board have short term memories!

Otten will be selected ahead of Hartigan but I expect there will be rotations with truck. Truck when fully recovered is well ahead of Hartigan & those thinking otherwise quite frankly have little idea.

Real test for Hartigan this week. He'll get either Henderson or Waite you'd think with Rutten on Casboult. Both can play, are 10x better then Jesse White.
Talia to Henderson imo as their most dangerous forward.

Lol!

Pods has taken smack or lj's position.
We are too slow with Truck, Talia and Otten (although not so bad if Reilly isn't there)

Otten was becoming our swing man; Pods has been playing that role.

I like Otten, a lot, but is he good enough as a pure stopper? I still have big concerns about his pace and agility.

I'm hoping he was another victim of the fat bastard routine we were running with last year, and that we've trimmed him down a bit so he can play as a running defender (should've been AA in his early year, he was better than Maxwell who got it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back