Preview Changes vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Realistically, the tournament of great minds that selects the team for us each week are no chance of bringing in 3 or more debutants for one game, but I do think we’re some sort of hope of seeing two, and surely, SURELY, Dowling has to play this week.

What I would do…

Out:
McHenry
Laird
Berry
Parnell
Jones

In:
Dowling
Taylor
Curtin
Ryan
Pedlar

Sub:
Hinge

What is far more likely to happen:

Out:
Cook
Berry

In:
Dowling
Pedlar

Sub:
Pedlar

I look forward to the selection night lols

If Gold Coast can drop 7, including Ellis, Casboult and Sexton, who are amongst some of their more experienced and bring in 3 debutants, plus Mac Andrew, Bailey Humphrey, we should be able to do something similar. Time to debut Dowling, Curtin and Edwards.

Max Butts Worrell
Curtin Keane Nank
Hinge Soligo Dowling
Pedlar Walker Rachele
Laird Fogarty Burgess

ROB Dawson Rankine

Cook Edwards Taylor Crouch

In
Edwards Taylor Dowling Pedlar Curtin

Out
McHenry Parnell Smith Keays Jones

. I wouldn't say they have out and out stars, they have a few good bookends and Cripps in the middle, but they play a great team brand of footy atm.

Cripps
Curnow
Walsh
Weitering
McKay
Saad

That is enough stars to blind the living crap out of our black hole light sucking embarrassment of a team.

Last edited:
If Gold Coast can drop 7, including Ellis, Casboult and Sexton, who are amongst some of their more experienced and bring in 3 debutants, plus Mac Andrew, Bailey Humphrey, we should be able to do something similar. Time to debut Dowling, Curtin and Edwards.

Adelaide logic “but they lost”. Hardwick must be livid. The fans are probably microwaving their memberships.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Realistically, the tournament of great minds that selects the team for us each week are no chance of bringing in 3 or more debutants for one game, but I do think we’re some sort of hope of seeing two, and surely, SURELY, Dowling has to play this week.

What I would do…

Out:
McHenry
Laird
Berry
Parnell
Jones

In:
Dowling
Taylor
Curtin
Ryan
Pedlar

Sub:
Hinge

What is far more likely to happen:

Out:
Cook
Berry

In:
Dowling
Pedlar

Sub:
Pedlar

I look forward to the selection night lols

Seems like they were pretty chuffed with that game, changes will be minimal. No resting Tex either, full throttle at loss minimisation.

We need to see what else we have on our list. We've seen enough of Berry, Parnell, Sholl, Jones, McHenry, Murphy. None of them will ever be competent AFL footballers.

I'm so over seeing recycled duds coming in and out of the team only to watch them keep failing at the basics.

If we pick any of Parnell, Sholl, McHenry then the club is officially stuffed.

But as AFC logic goes, as we got 'close' to Melbourne, will be minimal if any changes this week.

Sadly I think it would be best for Carlton to belt us so there can't be any more sugar coating things and wall papering of the gaping cracks we have.

I get the vibe this week we could see a fair bit change, gameplan and personel. I reckon we didn't want to risk a full blow out for Gather Round. In the post match Nicks sounded like he lamented we weren't playing fast like last year, that this sluggish play isn't us and said "we need to look at our team from a selection point of view and get guys in that are going to be able to play the way we play." So that could hopefully mean changes incoming. Also commented there is a big gap between SANFL and AFL.

I dunno, trying to remain positive.

My point is sure he is definitely in our premiership team but we need to make it known that players are not in a golden ticket club and frankly, he has not looked dangerous at all. The first half today I thought he was the sub. He was non existent against Fremantle and Geelong. I think a couple of weeks in the Sanfl to wake him up is not the worst idea.

Yeah! let's drop our most flashy and talented players and bring in good honest tryers!

That will really show them. Pound them back into the ground where they belong, show em who's boss.

I mean we've kind of already done that by giving him two CBAs in four games. Why not finish the job?

Cripps
Curnow
Walsh
Weitering
McKay
Saad

That is enough stars to blind the living crap out of our black hole light sucking embarrassment of a team.
I'll give you four of those, just! Saad is ordinary, Keays handed him a lesson last time we played them. McKay is hit or miss...i.e. great against North, a liability vs Freo. Walsh has perennial back problems, so may not ever reach full potential. They definitely have more depth / options in the midfield than we do, but most of their best 22 are not much better than ours.

I get the vibe this week we could see a fair bit change, gameplan and personel. I reckon we didn't want to risk a full blow out for Gather Round. In the post match Nicks sounded like he lamented we weren't playing fast like last year, that this sluggish play isn't us and said "we need to look at our team from a selection point of view and get guys in that are going to be able to play the way we play." So that could hopefully mean changes incoming. Also commented there is a big gap between SANFL and AFL.

Sounds like sholl

We need to see what else we have on our list. We've seen enough of Berry, Parnell, Sholl, Jones, McHenry, Murphy. None of them will ever be competent AFL footballers.

I'm so over seeing recycled duds coming in and out of the team only to watch them keep failing at the basics.
unimpressed morgan freeman GIF

So he’s identified the problem before saying that there’s nothing he can do about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back