Preview Changes vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

I can’t see a bucket load of changes.

After watching the Twos play South Adelaide I said,

1) Only Nankervis and Dowling should be promoted. It looks like we need to see at least another good game from Dowling but I would have played him last week.

2) Curtin seems to lack a bit of confidence in his body at the moment but hopefully we see him in the AFL soon.

3) I thought Ryan, Bond and Edwards showed some good signs but we’re not screaming pick me yet.

4) Parnell was the best of the medium/small defenders. Hamill couldn’t get into the game against the Panthers but with Milera and Parnell injured he is the next man up.

5) Gollant struggled but would he offer less than Burgess?

We have heaps of younger players who are either out of form (Hinge, Jones, Pedlar) or are possibly not up to AFL (Berry, Sholl, Cook, Parnell, McHenry, Hamill etc). Then there is the long list of more experienced players who are playing below their best.

Changes???????
Out - Parnell. In - Hamill (last chance saloon)
Out - Burgess In - Gollant

Next week we bring in the best performers from the SANFL.
This is where we need to change our philosophy.
Let’s see which players don’t deserve to play AFL and then fill those spots with the best performed SANFL players.
We aren’t contending and have our selection backwards and we end up with players in the list who we aren’t sure about after 3-4 years.

Last edited:

Spending a few minutes steeling myself for:
In - Hamill, Sholl
Sad Mitt Romney GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back