Preview Changes vs Collingwood - Round 20, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the sacred home of those that underestimate opposition sides.
Playing Oscar against Collingwood under estimates the Pies. They will have ruckmen and talls that can actually lift both arms above their head.

Question for you- did you actually watch the game? If so please tell me the passage of play where Oscar looked fit and able to compete. Not being smart but your view on Oscar and his impact on a contest appears odd.

Playing Oscar against Collingwood under estimates the Pies. They will have ruckmen and talls that can actually lift both arms above their head.

Question for you- did you actually watch the game? If so please tell me the passage of play where Oscar looked fit and able to compete. Not being smart but your view on Oscar and his impact on a contest appears odd.

He’s credited with one hitout. I’d love to know how many ruck contests he attended, my recollection is that he spent most of the second half as Nic’s backup with Gov resuming full-time defensive duties.

have to continue with brander. i just can't memoryhole his pre-injury form when he was looking very at home at the top level. and from what i've seen post injury in the wafl, when his confidence is up he can literally carry a team, bont-style. if we let him go this offseason we are going to look like massive dummys when he starts tearing games apart for some vic club.

Have to laugh at the insistence that we absolutely have to play Allen this week against Collingwood, because we absolutely can’t win if we rest/manage/rehab him.

He’s missed one game this year, an away game against a bottom six side, that we ended up winning pretty comfortably. But we can’t be without him this week against 16th placed Collingwood, perish the thought.

have to continue with brander. i just can't memoryhole his pre-injury form when he was looking very at home at the top level. and from what i've seen post injury in the wafl, when his confidence is up he can literally carry a team, bont-style. if we let him go this offseason we are going to look like massive dummys when he starts tearing games apart for some vic club.
Has shown glimpses and he might turn out ok.

Have not seen anything that could suggest he could tear a game apart.
Shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as Bont.

Last edited:

He's not at that level (Bont). Arguably no-one else is this year anyway...

He certainly struggled as the sub, so should either be in the initial 22 or Beagles.

It was a shame to see him lacking confidence again after such a good start to the year - that said, he was one of the few who seemed to go backwards with the ball as an initial thought but the gameplan (thankfully) seems to be moving away from that (meaning he felt lost when there was little support - as players were expecting him to move forward rather than loop/spin to the back).

We have the luxury of multiple quality talls so managing one of our young stars is a pretty sensible option imo. We could go with Kennedy, Darling and Waterman up front with Gov taking backup ruck duties or we could bring in Williams as a genuine second ruck. Allen can be covered and I don't think his current form means he is a match winner. Give him a rest.

Have to laugh at the insistence that we absolutely have to play Allen this week against Collingwood, because we absolutely can’t win if we rest/manage/rehab him.

He’s missed one game this year, an away game against a bottom six side, that we ended up winning pretty comfortably. But we can’t be without him this week against 16th placed Collingwood, perish the thought.
What we need is a tall forward with enough credit to separate their defence. We seem to have a choice of one.

We have the luxury of multiple quality talls so managing one of our young stars is a pretty sensible option imo. We could go with Kennedy, Darling and Waterman up front with Gov taking backup ruck duties or we could bring in Williams as a genuine second ruck. Allen can be covered and I don't think his current form means he is a match winner. Give him a rest.
Quality talls??? JK is ok but unable to contest pack marks and apply forward pressure anymore. JD is undersized and is taking a hammering in cotnetsted marking situations. He works so hard up the ground though.

Waterman, give it a breeak, he is an unfit seagull third tall that is unable to paly a kjey position. He is undersized. He lacks endurance and does not apply real pressure.

What we need is a tall forward with enough credit to separate their defence. We seem to have a choice of one.

…what?

We beat Carlton, who have Weitering and Liam Jones, with Darling, Waterman and Williams as backup ruck, no Kennedy or Allen.

Why do we absolutely desperately need Allen to play against Collingwood - lower than Carlton on the ladder, have bugger all key backs beside Moore who’s injured - and why do we absolutely desperately need to play him regardless of the fact he appears to be falling apart?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quality talls??? JK is ok but unable to contest pack marks and apply forward pressure anymore. JD is undersized and is taking a hammering in cotnetsted marking situations. He works so hard up the ground though.

Waterman, give it a breeak, he is an unfit seagull third tall that is unable to paly a kjey position. He is undersized. He lacks endurance and does not apply real pressure.
So Allen’s 5 touches 1 hitout and 1 behind are what stands between Collingwood and victory?

Waterman may be accused of many things - but being unfit/lacks endurance is certainly not accurate

Waterman may be accused of many things - but being unfit/lacks endurance is certainly not accurate
its about his biggest failing, I read tha fan bou stuff about his tank, but he is unpacked, struggles when he has to 'gut run' and is basically a plodder

Blame who you like.

I used to run at McGilvray on Christmas morning, boxing day etc. There wit a few true mates, plus always plus Cuz doing 400M repeats.
Players are responsible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes vs Collingwood - Round 20, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back