Changes vs Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

do we get 2 travelling emergencies for having a 4 man emergency list?
We have taken two already. I think it was only to Shanghai, but I may be mistaken. Still, we usually take only one.

to be honest i don't mind debuting Farrell when your also injecting speed in other areas of the ground ie Amon

If Amon comes in it shows that the so called unconditional pressure football is being compromised. He is the softest bloody player in our squad. This is his 5th year on the list and he has shown nothing to suggest he will ever make it at AFL level.

At least if they went for Barry as an outside runner you'd know he is going to at least be a constant pressure man unlike the soft #15.

Surprised Pittard was overlooked especially with the absence of Jonas's experience.

Amon was preferred to him and hearing Lienert is next in line for a call up can't fill him with confidence that he is in first team future planning.

Surprised Pittard was overlooked especially with the absence of Jonas's experience.

Amon was preferred to him and hearing Lienert is next in line for a call up can't fill him with confidence that he is in first team future planning.
We were rotating emergency spots. Could we have begun rotating the 22nd spot? Players would come in, play a couple of games, and then return to the Maggies; giving opportunity to another of playing in the First. Sometimes, it does look like it, doesn't it?

Amon is 22 with less then 50 games under his belt. There’s no way he should be mentioned alongside those two. He’s been down on form this year, but has good upside and the time to reach it (or not).
As Homer Simpson once said

No. Way.

Amon is a bust he isn't strong inside but additionally doesn't tackle or pressure, occasionally he hits a nice long ball inside 50 but is cut from the same cloth as Neade ie. thanks but no thanks

Owes his survival to hacking kens web browser

As Homer Simpson once said

No. Way.

Amon is a bust he isn't strong inside but additionally doesn't tackle or pressure, occasionally he hits a nice long ball inside 50 but is cut from the same cloth as Neade ie. thanks but no thanks

Owes his survival to hacking kens web browser
i wouldn't really say a pick 68 not working out at afl level can be called a bust tbh.

I just don’t see what some see in bloody Pittard!!

He is a frickin liability to our backline and I’m ecstatic that he is not even listed as an emergency!

Untitled.png

So today we learn who actually plays and who will be emergency.

What we know is that Trengove, Lienert and Johnson are playing for the Maggies. Hombsch, Sam Gray, Amon and Farrell are in but 1 will be the travelling emergency.

Amon I feel was one of our best vs Woodville, Was like a typical Motlop game running through the corridor. BUT, I think Farrell should get a go ahead of him.

I'd have our back 6 be
Bonner-Howard-Byrne-Jones
Clurey-Hombsch-Houston

with Ebert and Motlop playing down back for parts of the game as well as Hoff floating back a bit too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We were rotating emergency spots. Could we have begun rotating the 22nd spot? Players would come in, play a couple of games, and then return to the Maggies; giving opportunity to another of playing in the First. Sometimes, it does look like it, doesn't it?

I think they are still experimenting with the backline to get the transition from defence to attack they want. Hartlett, Broadbent and Pittard either injured or out of sorts has created a problem. That's why I think Amon is back and Lienert will get a run soon.

I think there are some warning signs for Pittard though. He would have been one of the top 10 picked until this year and now he's dropping off the radar. He's been carrying a few injuries but they are looking at other options even with some quality experienced defenders out.

Zakk Wylde rumour about Port looking at Oleg Markov makes me think he could be a Pittard type of player replacement.

I'm sensing a change we don't expect due to a niggle of some kind. No inside info this week. Just a feeling.

Well you're the doctor of such things.

The Karl haters need to understand that we are better balanced with a player like him (or Barry) in our side. I think structure wise if it is as expected (i.e. Amon, Hombsch, Gray in for Trengove, Jonas, Johnson), its our best side structurally for the year.

We would be better balanced with a player like him in our side. A player like him. But not him.

The idea of Karl Amon and the reality of Karl Amon are very different things. For every one of those pinpoint kicks into the 50 he pulls out occasionally, there's four or five soft efforts or unforced clangers.

We would be better balanced with a player like him in our side. A player like him. But not him.

The idea of Karl Amon and the reality of Karl Amon are very different things. For every one of those pinpoint kicks into the 50 he pulls out occasionally, there's four or five soft efforts or unforced clangers.
Yep, thats fair. Farrell is more likely to play if S Gray doesnt get up. So, haters prepare yourself for Karl. I am not as big a hater so i hope he goes well.

Kane Farrell might have to accidentally kick Sam Gray's ankle at training. ;)
What if we played Sam Gray further away from the goals? Maybe he can go back to being an accumulator as an outside/inside mid rotation option, that can also chip in up forward a bit too.

Farrell is a pretty good finisher while Sam Grays shots seem to fall short a lot of the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes vs Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back