Changes vs Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Against the grain but I would give aj one more game

The names that will get brought in for him have had scores of poor games before getting dropped. Bringing in the same serial underperformers to have 1 good game every 4 games while we shuffle other kids in and out at the drop of a hat isn’t going to get us any other results other than what we have gotten before

I mean is there anyone here who thinks that we haven’t seen Sam grays or Neades ceiling?

Not to mention that Johnson’s role is the one we need if he can put it together. Neade ain’t a crumbing pressure forward. He is a hff. His pressure rarely gets results because he isn’t influencial. Sam gray is Brett Ebert reincarnated. Thinks he is what Dixon should be.

We have far more to gain by seeing if Johnson can settle at afl level than we have to gain from the status quo. And what are we risking?

no forced changes

Yup agreed.

I think everyone needs to take a deep breath. Back them in and let the team find some form.

AJ wasn’t in great form in the SANFL but he is faster, taller and has better forward craft than Neade. He is a long term option and needs gametime. Neade got 27 touches in the SANFL but prior to that his AFL form yielded no goals, which is why he was dropped. We shouldn’t rush S.Gray back, we don’t want another Broadbent situation. Farrell isn’t ready. Marshall needs time to build form in the SANFL. Playing an Atley, etc, out of position has been a recipe for disaster in the past.

Hombsch for Jonas (if injured) is the only change I would make.

Yup agreed.

I think everyone needs to take a deep breath. Back them in and let the team find some form.

AJ wasn’t in great form in the SANFL but he is faster, taller and has better forward craft than Neade. He is a long term option and needs gametime. Neade got 27 touches in the SANFL but prior to that his AFL form yielded no goals, which is why he was dropped. We shouldn’t rush S.Gray back, we don’t want another Broadbent situation. Farrell isn’t ready. Marshall needs time to build form in the SANFL. Playing an Atley, etc, out of position has been a recipe for disaster in the past.

Hombsch for Jonas (if injured) is the only change I would make.

spot on re AJ

he was terrible tonight but back him in for another game or two

Saw Jonas get up proppy after a spoil on the western wing in the 3d qtr. Went to the bench shortly sfter then came on again. If thst was the incident, then maybe he felt a bit of a niggle and they bench

OUT: Jonas, AJ
IN: Hombsch, S.Gray

Can’t say I was super impressed with Trengoves game yesterday, but don’t know who to replace him with. He was caught flat footed many times when receiving the pass. You saw on a couple of occasions Houston visibly annoyed with him and trying to explain to come at the ball when receiving.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OUT: Jonas, AJ
IN: Hombsch, S.Gray

Can’t say I was super impressed with Trengoves game yesterday, but don’t know who to replace him with. He was caught flat footed many times when receiving the pass. You saw on a couple of occasions Houston visibly annoyed with him and trying to explain to come at the ball when receiving.
Lol, that kick that was intercepted for their 1st (I think) goal was 100% Houston’s fault... if Trengove came any more towards Dan, the ball would have sailed 10m over his head!
It was an unnecessary, shit, slow and lofted kick that was always likely to be intercepted.

Lol, that kick that was intercepted for their 1st (I think) goal was 100% Houston’s fault... if Trengove came any more towards Dan, the ball would have sailed 10m over his head!
It was an unnecessary, shit, slow and lofted kick that was always likely to be intercepted.
You reckon? It was literally right in front of me and was a 20m kick that should have been taken at 15m. Houston wasn’t the only one to talk to Trengove after it.

I wasn't that close but could see it from side on and it was a slow loopy kick with a Saints player in the vicinity. Everyone around me groaned as soon as Houston kicked it.

If SGray is out for a couple of weeks then AJ has to get another run. He had a stinker but can play at this level and started to get into the game more as it wore on.

Yeah Houston was looking to deflect blame on a shit choice. At least Polec owned his **** up.

I mean in fairness I don't see how Polec could possibly not own that ****up. He couldn't have pinpointed Gresham any better. If Gresham had been wearing a Port guernsey it would've been our best inside 50 entry all year.

If SGray is out for a couple of weeks then AJ has to get another run. He had a stinker but can play at this level and started to get into the game more as it wore on.
AJ should review Thomas' games and see how he could have a bigger impact with the same number of possessions.

If he can do that then when his possession numbers go up he could end up being a very good player as he certainly has a few tools to work with,. Just needs to focus on improving one thing at a time. Sometimes when young one tries to do too much at once.

Improving by making ine thing at a time a consistent part of his game week in week out that is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes vs Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back