Changes vs Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Our doctor's last night said nothing about an ACL injury. They were worried about a PCL injury. It doesn't matter what it looks like. Our doctors know their stuff. Sports doctors can very quickly determine if it's an ACL problem.
Nathan Buckley in his press conference a few weeks back said that the DR’s thought Dunn hadn’t done his ACL. Drs don’t always get things right.

Jones out so Hombsch would feel pretty hard done by to not come in.

AJ for Farrell I reckon, especially if dare I say it, S Gary is not fit.

Or Marshall in if we plan to use Westy to help out in defence a bit with Jonas out.

marshall looked a step above, like watts did, in the sanfl. big possession game for him. get him back in!

Nah. 3-4 weeks. Was in too early last time just make him knock the door down and get his confidence right up. We need him at the stage it's ridiculous not to pick him for his own good.

Would we be better off swinging Westhoff back as a floating defender and selecting Marshall as the third tall?

I didn't feel Hombsch's return was that good. It would allow the three forwards to work together and see how they go.

Would we be better off swinging Westhoff back as a floating defender and selecting Marshall as the third tall?

I didn't feel Hombsch's return was that good. It would allow the three forwards to work together and see how they go.

No. Westhoff is one of three players who have kicked goals in each of the last six games, in fact some might say he has been our most consistent tall forward. Marshall was recalled too early and his form was average at best so he should stay where he is until he puts some consistent form on the board.

If Westhoff had a reliable set shot, he would be one of the best forwards in the game this year

If summarises that well.

For all his greatness this year, his shakey goal kicking gets me worried at times. Off to defense young man until you kick goals regularly :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If summarises that well.

For all his greatness this year, his shakey goal kicking gets me worried at times. Off to defense young man until you kick goals regularly :)

Funny thing about Westhoff, every year he's played he has kicked more goals than points. Over his career his accuracy is 62.3%. But does he shank some sitters.

At 32 years old this year I think it is a case of accepting WYSIWYG.

If summarises that well.

I don’t agree. Hey gets 20 touches around the ground whilst getting 2.2. So he’s still a good forward.

He will continue to swing back when needed, but he will never be there full time

Funny thing about Westhoff, every year he's played he has kicked more goals than points. Over his career his accuracy is 62.3%. But does he shank some sitters.

It could just be confirmation bias after the GC game, but I feel Westhoff's accuracy drops significantly from set shots if the margin is 2 goals or less. The massive long bomb against Melbourne being one of the very few I can remember him nailing when we actually really needed it. Interesting also that it was a long goal, I'd say a good 85% of his goals must come from within 30 m of goal.

That’s because every missed sitter is balanced out by a low percentage hack that somehow sails through. It is the way hoff things.

Hard to believe that there are people still trying to pigeonhole Westhoff into a forward role after 11 years...
Just put him out there and let him free!

Hard to believe that there are people still trying to pigeonhole Westhoff into a forward role after 11 years...

That's exactly right, but recent talk is he's spending more time forward this season meaning Marshall, Watts and Dixon can't play together.

Me personally, I'd let him swing back a bit more and bring in Marshall than Hombsch, but hey I already said that.

That’s because every missed sitter is balanced out by a low percentage hack that somehow sails through. It is the way hoff things.
Can bang through a match winner from 50, Pele the bugger from row 15 & hoof it out on the full from 15 metres out directly in front.. that's our boy

Can bang through a match winner from 50, Pele the bugger from row 15 & hoof it out on the full from 15 metres out directly in front.. that's our boy

He's tall and has a long way to drop the ball!

Shame Lockett isn't a kicking coach!

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes vs Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back