Preview Changes Vs Dorkers Round 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Is anyone actually capable of shutting down Fyfe? He's arguably the best player in the competition right now. Rosa at least has the height to spoil some marks but this is going to be a very different proposition to tagging Judd.

I think Balla will probably get a week for his bump today - left his feet, head-high bump plus bad record. That's one less matchup for us to worry about.

I have full confidence in Gov keeping Pav quiet and reckon Gaff will give Hill a good run for his money.

Fyfe/Mundy/Barlow is probably going to be too much for us. I hope we're competitive. Desperately need mids like Shuey to get forward and kick a couple if we're going to be in with a chance.
Even if we dont shut him down completely at least make him earn his possessions. Today he was floating around the forward 50 by himself at times and taking grabs with no pressure. Its like players are scared to compete with him.

Ballantyne should definitely go. Was a flush hit to the head

****ing lmao

This board was in meltdown just over a week ago over the non selection of Benell and there was near unanimous calls for him to be recalled for Carlton.

One game back and half the people on here want him dropped

Mcginnity is the only player I'd drop but I doubt that will happen as Simmo seems to like what he brings for some inexplicable reason.

Tunbridge stays in provided his ankle is ok, if not lamb is the logical replacement

Ellis should be fit by now but has missed a fair bit of footy so might be better served coming back through WAFL.

Simpson didn't seem optimistic on selwood being right and tbh I'd rather we didn't take an underdone player into the derby

On the team sheet butler was listed as an out due to injury so if he's fit does he come back or was he really omitted?

My thoughts then :

Anyone in for mcginnity

Lamb for tunbridge if injured

******* lmao

This board was in meltdown just over a week ago over the non selection of Benell and there was near unanimous calls for him to be recalled for Carlton.

One game back and half the people on here want him dropped

Mcginnity is the only player I'd drop but I doubt that will happen as Simmo seems to like what he brings for some inexplicable reason.

Tunbridge stays in provided his ankle is ok, if not lamb is the logical replacement

Ellis should be fit by now but has missed a fair bit of footy so might be better served coming back through WAFL.

Simpson didn't seem optimistic on selwood being right and tbh I'd rather we didn't take an underdone player into the derby

On the team sheet butler was listed as an out due to injury so if he's fit does he come back or was he really omitted?

My thoughts then :

Anyone in for mcginnity

Lamb for tunbridge if injured

I'll admit I said Bennell should come in against Carlton (round one proved we desperately needed speed) but his game was absolute trash. There's a difference between having an off game and looking disinterested. Unlike some of our younger players, he's had long enough to prove himself. Why reward that sort of performance?

Well, as was pretty easily discernible from my last post - not the Geelong part of it. I didn't say our form line was better, just that Geelong are in for a long year. I didn't think it was that nuanced really?

Anyone else thinking the Dockers are playing better without Crowley? They are more attacking. I wonder how we'd go without McGinnity.
A bit different in the fact Crowley is at almost every centre bounce, McGinnity is there for maybe 1 per game... he lives up forward now, so you would have to ask the question, would be better off without playing Selwood, Rosa (our mid tagger last night) or Hutch?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A bit different in the fact Crowley is at almost every centre bounce, McGinnity is there for maybe 1 per game... he lives up forward now, so you would have to ask the question, would be better off without playing Selwood, Rosa (our mid tagger last night) or Hutch?

Its not about position but the amount of players in your side that offer no offensive capabilities.

You guys gonna set up a banter thread?
I think you'd get a few of us on board, would have to be moderated well though.
It is your home game.

That depends, you blokes got enough fans who know how to spell? Oh snap :p

(I jest. Banter thread not a bad idea though.)

Bennell wasnt good on Friday. Run twist turn wack on boot. Harsh to drop though unless a better option which there isnt really. Xellis should play a wafl game at least.

Mcginnity can go and tunners only due to injury.

Duggan to remain the sub he played it perfectly. First time we have had a fresh guy come on and make use of it with his run. Love the fact he demanded the ball as well. Two shots on goal for a sub is perfect.

Lamb for tunners and selwood mcginnity if fit

Its not about position but the amount of players in your side that offer no offensive capabilities.
It's hard to judge McGinnity on his offensive capabilities atm as he has been asked to play a defensive role, if he was directed by the coaching staff to get free, be dangerous, make himself less accountable but more attacking, he might score more goals and surprise everyone. If not you could drop him and bring in either Hill or Karpany, the only other small forwards available atm...

Great win on friday guys. Just interested in the match ups for sunday. A few are saying rosa to fyfe. Who would be likely match ups for hill, barlow and mundy? Could this nelson kid be given a run with job? I think neale or suban will take shuey and priddis will do as he pleases as per usual.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes Vs Dorkers Round 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back