Changes vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah, Sunday games. Where they’ll placate the masses with hope of a debut with Lienert and Farrell in the squad, before yanking that excitement away tomorrow with Sam Gray still playing and Toumpas and Neade in. :(

Toumpas? What have we seen to suggest that he might get a run?

The team is starting to play games knowing that they can overrun teams late in the game or can hold them off, whichever is required. And that game is fine except for building percentage or being an attractive type of game. But where it falls down is where a good part of the team don't play to their skills. Amon has been mentioned but in the larger scheme of things his performance was not that much less than would be expected. It was the more anonymous games from our better players and the losses of Gray and Ryder that kept us from coming back till the game was lost.

Paddy Ryder suffered a low-grade hip-flexor strain in Port’s nine-point loss to Fremantle in Perth last weekend and is expected to miss 1-2 games.

The Power will also be sweating on the fitness of star forward Robbie Gray, who suffered a concussion in the early stages of the second half against the Dockers.

Jack Trengove again led the way in the SANFL collecting 26 touches, three marks, three inside 50s, and eight tackles.

Jarrod Lienert and Jasper Pittard were both impressive playing in the backline for the Magpies, each collecting 22 disposals despite the disappointing loss.

Meanwhile, Will Snelling continued his good season for the Magpies - the strong-bodied midfielder had 20 possessions and 11 tackles, and will be in the selection mix.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2018-07-19/in-the-mix-round-18

We are a defender light in our 22. So I would expect Amon for Pittard is a certainty. Especially after Jasper was one of our best on the weekend. However I have no idea which way they'll go for Ryder.

We have so many that deserve to be dropped and we have no one deserving pushing up. Thomas and Bonner may be a couple of the lucky players who should've been dropped, but will survive.

I can't see Lienert playing, especially after some of the defensive efforts I saw from him on the weekend.

Paddy Ryder suffered a low-grade hip-flexor strain in Port’s nine-point loss to Fremantle in Perth last weekend and is expected to miss 1-2 games.
Hopefully this will not be one of those 1-2 weeks that becomes 4-5 weeks
The Power will also be sweating on the fitness of star forward Robbie Gray, who suffered a concussion in the early stages of the second half against the Dockers.
If he doesn't come up hopefully the added responsibility will spur Sam Gray.
Jack Trengove again led the way in the SANFL collecting 26 touches, three marks, three inside 50s, and eight tackles.
Never should have been dropped - may lack physical pace but his speed of thinking and accuracy of kick more than make up for it.
Jarrod Lienert and Jasper Pittard were both impressive playing in the backline for the Magpies, each collecting 22 disposals despite the disappointing loss.
Pittard is a player we need back as soon as he is plaing anything resembling his best form, we are missing that run from defence.
Meanwhile, Will Snelling continued his good season for the Magpies - the strong-bodied midfielder had 20 possessions and 11 tackles, and will be in the selection mix.
He has shown himself worthy of a call-up but seems to have been placed in the Colquhoun category of players who will not be considered.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2018-07-19/in-the-mix-round-18

(Log in to remove this ad.)

giphy.gif

Amid the mess of the SNAFL game in Kadina, I though Irra looked fantastic slicing through the Cows defence more than once

Is he ready ?
Maybe not against GWS. Trial him in pre-season game/s next year. For all of his athleticism there's a naivety about his ball use
and decision making. Sheesh i've just realised how stupid that is considering our games lately.
If he can perfect h/balling to a team mate's feet, spotting up the oppo lace out of course then who knows he might fit in seamlessly

We are a defender light in our 22. So I would expect Amon for Pittard is a certainty. Especially after Jasper was one of our best on the weekend. However I have no idea which way they'll go for Ryder.

We have so many that deserve to be dropped and we have no one deserving pushing up. Thomas and Bonner may be a couple of the lucky players who should've been dropped, but will survive.

I can't see Lienert playing, especially after some of the defensive efforts I saw from him on the weekend.
Lienert will debut and Bonner will go out for Pittard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back