Changes vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess Amon is quicker right....
I really see Trengove coming in as a half forward/onballer for R Gray this week rather than as a substitute for Amon.
That is much more appropriate.
I just do not know who can substitute for Amon given the awful performance of the Magpies. Like for like would see AJ or DB come in.

Karn Anon out for Trengove is a no brainer.

If we lose all three of Ryder, Gray and Bonner....

I’d be bringing in Frampton and Leinert.

The last spot feels like Barry, Neade or Pittard. But take the gamble on Farrell Kenny.

While the odds are low, Farrell surprising us with great form could be the mission piece.

I don't see him as a half-back & against a nimble GWS forget it
Speed isn't everything. I'd sooner Trengove putting the ball on a player's(one of ours thank you) chest than a speed demon who sprays the ball everywhere. Maybe he gets caught once or twice but that is certainly preferable to someone who more often than not passes to the opposition.

time to play Charlie in the ruck for at least 80 percent, mixup the forward line and lets see if this side has any sort of backbone. I'll be ok with losing to Freo if we beat GWS, putting the 4 points to one side im more interested in how we play against GWS than the car-crash of a game that Freo was. If we fold easily against GWS we might as well pull up stumps as prepare for next year. In the past this would have been the classic game where we won all the key stats but lost by 3 goals because of our inefficiency and their efficiency, time will tell.

selection wise Amon is a gonna, i do agree with Leinert in and playing Howard up forward in Charlie's role and Dixon in the ruck,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trengove with good foot skills passing to Watts on a lead....... The talk of Watts playing in the forward line sounds great, but we simply do not play a leading forward game. Doesn't matter who goes up there, it will be bombed on your head.

I wish we could just leave a forward in the forward line.

Out: Thomas, Bonner (inj), Gray (conc), Ryder (inj)
In: Farrell, Trengove, Lienart, Barry

Personally I would go for Frampton over Farrell/Barry but I know Ken won't.

I also think the cupboard is too bare to drop Amon, unless it is for Pittard, but then I think our structures would be out.

Amon was much better than Thomas... who has had a very poor month.

Kinda surprised at people thinking Amon will actually get dropped... I've said it before and I'll stick to it Hinkley think he adds.....something god knows what but I strongly doubt he will go out of the side

You couldn't possibly not drop him after a game like that and retain any kind of integrity in team selection. There's giving people chances and giving people chances. Amon was always a questionable in based on previous performances and he came out and doubled down on all of his previously observed flaws that had kept him out of the team since round 7. He has to go.

I'm still flat after Sunday. Feel like we've blown it big time. Going to need to win both of the next 2, not even just this one, before my emotional investment picks back up again.

This team is doing it's best to kill off our crowds that's for sure. Cant imagine many more than 35k at best this weekend.

I'm still flat after Sunday. Feel like we've blown it big time. Going to need to win both of the next 2, not even just this one, before my emotional investment picks back up again.

This team is doing it's best to kill off our crowds that's for sure. Cant imagine many more than 35k at best this weekend.

Gameplan killing off crowds followed by usual flakey playing group who seem to cough opportunity up like nothing else.

I thought before the game, nup, we'll get over there and win this, no problems I think they have finally gotten better, the minute I trusted them they choked.

Out: Thomas, Bonner (inj), Gray (conc), Ryder (inj)
In: Farrell, Trengove, Lienart, Barry

Personally I would go for Frampton over Farrell/Barry but I know Ken won't.

I also think the cupboard is too bare to drop Amon, unless it is for Pittard, but then I think our structures would be out.

Amon was much better than Thomas... who has had a very poor month.

I remember on MMM Dale Lewis a few weeks back said, all good being that great defensive forward but you are there to kick goals.... and eventually you will have a bad game both defensively and with the lack of goals so you really get to hold your spot? I think we are at that point now.

Gameplan killing off crowds followed by usual flakey playing group who seem to cough opportunity up like nothing else.

I thought before the game, nup, we'll get over there and win this, no problems I think they have finally gotten better, the minute I trusted them they choked.
Ditto, I was circumspect ahead of the Carlton and Saints games, but the game I was finally confident to say that even a bad performance would be a comfortable win, was the day we choked.

Just when you start to believe.....

I expect Leinert and Trengove to be in the side this week, based on form. I can’t imagine Farrell and/or Frampton in as that would mean 2 debutants (incl Leinert) in a pretty big game. If 3 changes are needed I am guessing Pittard might get a run.

yep. that was just a horrid game.

I'm actually genuinely fascinated to see how we go against Whitfield, Coniglio, Kelly, Shiel and Ward given we were lit up by Neale, Mundy and as ordinary a gaggle of random players you could ever hope to assemble at AFL level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back