Preview Changes vs Hawthorn Round 19

Remove this Banner Ad

You have to work within the reality of the situation. If Hill is injured and needs a rest (I hope he doesn't because he' our best option) you then have a choice of; 1) Lamb - a very inexperienced tall player who's hardly like for like and would have a huge challenge manning up on the Hawks hardened defenders (at risk of becoming a stringboard out of our attack/ benefit of pinching a couple of marks and slotting them), 2) Newman who has shown nothing, absolutely nothing for weeks, high risk is he shows even less at AFL level and 3) McGinnity who looks to be in form, is as tough as nails and has shown he can at least halve a position even under high finals lite pressure. Risk is he doesn't impact the game/ payoff if he puts in a huge defensive game, knocks a few Hawks on their arses and locks the ball in our forwardline. I guess the other option is Lycett...

Or Butler comes in for Hill and releases Ellis to a roaming / defensive HFF.

I'd really like to see this as Ellis is a smart skillful footballer and he knows how the Hawks play. He'd love to kick a couple and set a couple more up against his old team.:thumbsu:

Out: Barrass, Hutchings/selwood
In: Gov, Butler

Whoever stays in out of Hutchings or Selwood plays sub, would love to see Lamb come in for Hill but worried about the Hawks exposing him to much

Fox sports did an article today with Champion Data figures showing McGinnity was the third most effective sub in the league behind Grigg (Crows) and Green (that Lions ranga who always seems to come on and terrorize us)

And there you have it people, irrefutable proof that stats mean absolutely jack shit when it comes to effectiveness on a football field. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mcg will be back. Simmo will brain fart and want some 'toughness' to stand up to the unsociables.

we dont really risk too much by bringing lamb in for hill. leaving injuries out of the equation, there is almost no chance lamb can do worse than hill, even absolute worst case scenario, he still be more lively and tackle and chase way more than Josh. so why not take that risk? if it doesnt work, at least he lays some tackles, adds pressure, if it does?? yaaaaaay. he is in good form and if he replicates that in AFL that would add another dimension to our forward line pressure. Lamb, cripps and darling chasing defenders is a scary prospect. no risk for me and its a great change.

we dont really risk too much by bringing lamb in for hill. leaving injuries out of the equation, there is almost no chance lamb can do worse than hill, even absolute worst case scenario, he still be more lively and tackle and chase way more than Josh. so why not take that risk? if it doesnt work, at least he lays some tackles, adds pressure, if it does?? yaaaaaay. he is in good form and if he replicates that in AFL that would add another dimension to our forward line pressure. Lamb, cripps and darling chasing defenders is a scary prospect. no risk for me and its a great change.

Its a nice sentiment and Id love to see Lamb play but it would be for scoreboard pressure rather than F50 pressure. One tackle in the last 2 games. He could certainly beef up that side of his game if thats the role we want him to play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes vs Hawthorn Round 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Back