Changes vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree, 2.20 about right.

Can't see Houli getting a free run at it like last week. No likely Lids either.

But many posters on your board seem to think a 30-60 point win to the Tiges is par...must be a lot of those guys having a punt. You'd think they would have learnt from last year. Wouldn't want to be a Tiges membership card if you drop this game...

Lids might be missing as a result of a indescretion on Thursday night. Some supporters get overly optimistic but while I see us as favourites, ill take the win.

We need to lose a few on end for membership destruction. A loss on the weekend would just be a good old fashioned scapegoat rant.

Some of the Richmond posters on their preview thread (Worth a read by the way, very good write up) are absolutely delusional. I don't expect us to win this game but in no way do I expect us to lose by 40-60 points as they're all predicting.

Some of the Richmond posters on their preview thread (Worth a read by the way, very good write up) are absolutely delusional. I don't expect us to win this game but in no way do I expect us to lose by 40-60 points as they're all predicting.

Probably the same ones who were happy with that shit they served up in Rnd 1

i'm going with no changes. Redpath needs to redeem himself and if he doesn't, switch him for Cordy.

Wouldn't drop anyone else although with tough opposition this week i reckon we might be looking at a change or two for the week after- hope not.

yeah okay mate I saw both games, the main difference between Jones and Redpath games was that on Jones shit days he ran under the ball and didn't get his hands to it, at least Redpath got his hands to the ball....

However you are talking absolute shit if you think Redpath's game was close to Jones best, just go back to the Collingwood game 2 games prior to the Melbourne game, he destroyed them. 13 kicks, 6 tackles, 4 goals, 5 marks, FFS.

Nice straw man argument. Accuse me of making a statement I never made then claim I'm talking shit.
I never said that Redpath's game was close to Jones best, I said it was closer to his best than his worst. Jones' game last year was the worst game of AFL I have ever seen by a player, the combination of no results and no effort was worse than even the guys who only ever get one AFL game.

Nice straw man argument. Accuse me of making a statement I never made then claim I'm talking shit.
I never said that Redpath's game was close to Jones best, I said it was closer to his best than his worst. Jones' game last year was the worst game of AFL I have ever seen by a player, the combination of no results and no effort was worse than even the guys who only ever get one AFL game.

Jones v Melbourne 0/10
Jones v Collingwood 9/10

Redpath v WC 1/10

And Redpath gets the one for trying even if he was the only bloke in the team not to lay a tackle.

Jones v Melbourne 0/10
Jones v Collingwood 9/10

Redpath v WC 1/10

And Redpath gets the one for trying even if he was the only bloke in the team not to lay a tackle.
Even though I don't agree with your assessment of the games your values still give that Jones was 9 times better than Redpath (9*1=9) in his best game while Redpath was infinitley (0*infinity=1) better than Jones' worst game so therefore even using your numbers Redpath's game is still closer to Jones' best than his worst.
Just admit that you were talking nonsense when you said :
Can't say I agree, Redpath on Sat night was at Jones' level at his worst.
It's just not true even if he didn't play well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Either - A) No Change
Or B) Goodes out for Hrovat/Stevens

Grant to play a full match with Honeychurch put as Sub

Also Deledio will be out for the Tiges

No knock on Grant but I wouldn't be against bringing in Hrovat in place of him to add another genuine Mid to the mix.

We will need it on the big MCG wings, can't rely on too few through the middle.

Either - A) No Change
Or B) Goodes out for Hrovat/Stevens

Grant to play a full match with Honeychurch put as Sub

Also Deledio will be out for the Tiges
I don't get why Goodes is mentioned as being dropped? I thought he played really well and is a hard body that we need in the middle

30-100 points thats giving himself a fairly big margin for error. Gees you blokes are cocky after last year and beating wce missing their two best defenders. I think we should win by 30ish points.
From the Richmond board. Gees these blokes are cocky for a team that really wasn't very convincing against a very poor Carlton.

They may well beat us, but I would be disappointed if we didn't get within 5 goals.

30-100 points thats giving himself a fairly big margin for error. Gees you blokes are cocky after last year and beating wce missing their two best defenders. I think we should win by 30ish points.

Hardly Cocky, I said we may well lose.

You guys will probably smash us because you came close in NAB 1 with so many stars missing.....

Most are saying we are a chance, that's about it. I suggest if you want to see over the top cockiness and arrogance you head back to your board, would think you've been a dominant force in the comp for ten years. I remember seeing on your board that you guys should beat Port in the final last year, and also that you would beat us by over ten goals last year. Was that not cockiness?

We were missing our 2 best mids ...
Hardly Cocky, I said we may well lose.

You guys will probably smash us because you came close in NAB 1 with so many stars missing.....
Its round one. I fully expected you guys to beat wce and us to beat carlton. Cobwebs should be gone and performances should only improve.

If we learnt anything from the game last year and the second half of the year we should win. No disrespect intended just at different stages of a build. Should be a very entertaining game if we dont shut down your run. I think we now have more options up forward to give you a headache a deeper midfield (where pur stars can play much better) and a defence that should account for your forwards and give us plenty of rebound.

Would we be better off playing Ayce (form permitting) and having Boyd and Redpath fight it out for the same spot?

I want to give Big Red every chance but I wonder what would be better for our structure, this would certainly help our competitiveness in the ruck.

Its round one. I fully expected you guys to beat wce and us to beat carlton. Cobwebs should be gone and performances should only improve.

If we learnt anything from the game last year and the second half of the year we should win. No disrespect intended just at different stages of a build. Should be a very entertaining game if we dont shut down your run. I think we now have more options up forward to give you a headache a deeper midfield (where pur stars can play much better) and a defence that should account for your forwards and give us plenty of rebound.

All great points, but then again, it's Richmond.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back